It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there is a draft, what would you do?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
My BDU's would go into the washing machine and I would report to the nearest Air Force base. If you illegaly dodge the draft, don't come back. Make your bed in your new home and stay there.

John
USAF Veteran and proud of it.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_a_pilot
My BDU's would go into the washing machine and I would report to the nearest Air Force base. If you illegaly dodge the draft, don't come back. Make your bed in your new home and stay there.

John
USAF Veteran and proud of it.

Off we go into the wild blue yonder,
Climbing high into the sun;
Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun! (Give 'er the gun now!)
Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,
Off with one helluva roar!
We live in fame or go down in flame. Hey!
Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I prefer.......

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air.
Up, up the long delirious, burning blue,
I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

Pilot Officer Gillespie Magee
No 412 squadron, RCAF
Killed 11 December 1941

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
MMM, nice..

F-16 rolling down the strip

Air Force jockey on a one way trip

Mission top secret, destination unknown

Don't even know if I'm ever coming home

Scorching the ground at the speed of sound

Dropping that napalm all around

Ripping through the sky at Mach 2.2

Afterburners, I'm a counting on you

If that bogey screws with me

He's going to rejoin his infantry

America counts upon our crew

The friendly skies are the Air Force blue

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Hey Beer, I don't know who you have been talking to but most of the soldiers I know are proud to be in Iraq. Proud. I doubt a draft will happen but keep in mind that a lot of countries REQUIRE military service as a young adult.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by beergoggles

[Then join up. I imagine that you would be welcomed as one of the few who want to be fighting in Iraq.

I tried when I was 18, but was turned away cause of flat feet and bad vision. But we were discussing the draft, and I am assuming that when a draft is needed they will not give a damn about my duck feet!

certainly not American lives.

It's not all about you dear, or your kids! Lives in general!

This makes little or no sense at all. I would just assume my sons NOT die in a pointless effort to force democracy on another culture. My boys agree that they would stand and defend against a real threat to our country, but oppose joining an invading force backed by selfish political motives. Maybe I am in the rut of minding my own business.

So your saying you see no purpose for us being there? What is wrong with an America that cares? Remember America is filled with people from all around the world. We can't help but to care!

Please cite where the there was or is a threat to American freedom. (aside from within) A threat to American Ideologies maybe, but no threat to freedom. 9/11 was an attack against our country and I agreed with the invasion of Afghanistan then and still today. Iraq is different.

You only counter select words in my posts and not the post itself. FOCUS!
When did I say there was a threat to our freedom?

Umm, then why did I just pay $2.29 a gallon for gas? It almost sounds like you are implying that oil may have been a motive.

Whats wrong with assuming we WOULD get some oil for the sacrifices we are making there? I didnt say we already got it. You don't think that a stable Iraq will help with your $2.29 per/gal. Without Sadamm, in a stable Iraq, eventually you will be paying less. It's not a motive, COME ON! READ!

With some of you comments it make me think that you just want to argue!

In this, all of the American lives that have been lost were for nothing. right? In addition, I find it hard to imagine a culture such as theirs embracing anything rammed down their throat.

How the hell did you come up with that! I dont think lost American lives are for nothing! I am the one that believes theres a purpose for us being there. You don't! So...to you, they may be for nothing!

Repeat after me! READ

I am for the war, the middle east needs someones help for crying out loud, cause they sure havent been able to stop the drama themselves.
You may think things like that are none of our business but you probably wouldnt be able to make these posts on ATS if America had never been nosey. People dying is not cool, NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE DYING!

With Americas agenda right now in Iraq, there will be less deaths there in the future. Maybe they can build some race tracks or roads on all that land instead of using the land to bury bodies. Thats the point!

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Termite197]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I hear they want to draft women. Sorry, but I'm of the old-school notion that men are to fight to protect their wives and children.

I'm almost 32. I have pins, screws, and staples in my right ankle and I limp a lot. Maybe they'll consider me useless.

If they still insist, I hope I can back out due to religious reasons.

And oh BTW the draft is unconstitutional. Involuntary servitude. I believe that's the Fifteenth Amendment if I remember right.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join