It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Underground Expansion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hi All,

I've just been reading an article from Vanity Fair that was linked from the BBC site, its about a journalist spending six months with Barack Obama, his observations etc, its an interesting read.

However, one particular paragraph has got me thinking,

Here's the full article www.vanityfair.com...

Crossing the White House lawn on the way out that morning I passed a giant crater, surrounded by heavy machinery. For the better part of a year hordes of workmen have been digging and building something deep below the White House—though what it is no one who knows will really say. “Infrastructure” is the answer you get when you ask. But no one really does ask, much less insist on the public’s right to know. The president of the United States can’t move a bust in the Oval Office without facing a firestorm of disapproval. But he can dig a hole deep in his front yard and build an underground labyrinth and no one even asks what he’s up to.

Now, we all know that theres a bunker beneath the White House, for obvious reasons. and even a bowling alley?!?

A quick net search states that the work being done is overdue upgrade of underground utilities.

www.dailymail.co.uk... l

Another article quotes someone as saying the construction is 'security related' an expansion of the bunker perhaps?

Another Link

Now, this work has been going on for some time, it was the article in Vanity Fair which pinged my interest.

Anyone know anything further about the construction work?

edit on 9/19/2012 by ukmicky1980 because: Corrected a link

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I googled it.

There are a ton of articles about it, but of course, there isn't any worthwhile info about what is down there.

New York Daily News

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think this is something that needs to be made known and open to all. This is obviously being paid for by tax dollars and do people really need this kind of secretive activity being carried out for the office of president?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
No wonder Obama's been out partying like its the end of the world...
He's having work done on his Deep Underground bunker's 7 lane bowling alley.
Both done with our taxes I assume.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Maybe they're putting a golf course down there,
for him to play on when the SHTF.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It's a tunnel straight to China.

Easier to move troops that way.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ukmicky1980

I think that they are just installing a bigger septic tank with all the (BLEEP) that this Administration has been flushing down the citizens throats.

Think about it though.

Why would somebody build a DUMB in a area that will be under water in the future?

Could it be a future submarine base?

edit on 19-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Updating of utilities, horridly outdated in an old building. If its tax dollars being used, there's no reason you cant submit a request for some of the information about the project. Within reason, they'll tell you what is going on.

new topics

top topics

join