It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your thoughts on the rapture , before during or after the great tribulation ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

That is not a Pretrib pass . We have trials on this earth everyday . Many have terrible tragedies every day . Everyday is the end of the world for someone and they pass unto the other side . When you leave this world it will not be in the flesh . You will be changed in the twinkling of an eye . You will die .
To be kept from the hour of trial could mean many things . But Jesus told that the Trump would sound and gather his Elite after the Tribulations of those days . Of course you could die before the trial or taking of the mark . There has been some talk of Guillotines being bought from China . Christians might not be tolerated for long .

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by truejew

Because one of those comings He never comes to Earth, we meet Him in the air. So why would I call that the 2 nd coming of Christ? At the 2nd advent He comes to Earth and stays, on Earth, setting up His kingdom.. on Earth. So why would I call Christ's coming to just the air without setting His feet on Earth a 2nd advent? At His incarnation He lived, walked talked, ate and slept on Earth.

What is so difficult about understanding that at the rapture He doesn't come to Earth? We meet Him in the air.

"15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." (1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 KJV)

Scripture says that when we meet Him in the air, it is the coming of the Lord. Therefore you do teach a third coming.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

You have to be purposely straw manning, there is no way you're this dense. For like the 6th time. There are only two "comings"...

TO EARTH.
TO EARTH.
TO EARTH.

Not the "clouds", not the "sky",..

TO EARTH,
TO EARTH,
TO EARTH!

At...... the..... Rapture...... HE....... doesn't....... come......

TO EARTH!!!!!!

He... comes... "to the clouds".....

The coming in the clouds is NOT AN "ADVENT", .. it's the RAPTURE/HARPAZO.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I post a Scripture that shows that when we meet Jesus in the air, it is the coming of the Lord. You respond to it with a post like that. Do you really hate Scripture that much?

Your true fruit is showing.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

I post a Scripture that shows that when we meet Jesus in the air, it is the coming of the Lord. You respond to it with a post like that. Do you really hate Scripture that much?

NuT is right.The harpazo is not for the world. The first coming he came for the sins of the world, the second coming he comes for the judgement of the world, that's why it is called the second coming, which is the first judgement. The final judgement is after his millenial reign when the survivors of the great tribulation and their children are judged after Heylel gets released for a short season to test those who have never had tribulations.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

NuT is right.The harpazo is not for the world. The first coming he came for the sins of the world, the second coming he comes for the judgement of the world, that's why it is called the second coming, which is the first judgement. The final judgement is after his millenial reign when the survivors of the great tribulation and their children are judged after Heylel gets released for a short season to test those who have never had tribulations.

Is Scripture incorrect then? It says when we meet Jesus in the air, it is the coming of the Lord.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Matthew 24;29 thru 31 states that Jesus appears in the clouds after the immediately after the Tribulation of those Days and with a Trump sounding gathers his Elite . That is the subject most important here . He will be completely visible to those that loves him and those that do not . There will not be any secrecy involved . When he actually sets foot on earth it will be on the Mount of Olives . This is still one coming .

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

NuT is right.The harpazo is not for the world.
I don't think it is described as being anything really concrete, and it is more, in my interpretation, Paul persuading people to not be concerned about the "Day of the Lord" (without being unnecessarily offensive to his audience by saying something like 'just toss out all your traditional views of what a "Last Day" might be like') as something that is going to happen where you might somehow miss it by being dead, for example. If it was something Paul thought people needed to be concerned about, I am pretty sure he would have gone into more detail about it.

The first coming he came for the sins of the world, . . .
It was to give the Gospel Commission to his disciples, having proclaimed it himself with the disciples as witnesses.

. . . the second coming he comes for the judgement of the world, that's why it is called the second coming, which is the first judgement.
It may be called that, but you don't find that as an actual term, in the Bible, a "second coming". The judgment of Jesus' coming into power already happened and is an actual historical event, with the siege and capture of Jerusalem, and the destruction of its temple, by the Roman legions, in 70 AD. Also there is not a term, "the first judgement" in the Bible.

The final judgement is after his millenial reign when the survivors of the great tribulation and their children are judged after Heylel gets released for a short season to test those who have never had tribulations.
Those who died as martyrs for Jesus will be actually the judges and not the other way around, as described in Revelation. The "release of Satan" story in Revelation is not described as any kind of "testing". It is probably set up more as the demonstration of God's ability to protect His people from whatever the worse thing is that you could imagine.
edit on 22-9-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by truejew

Matthew 24;29 thru 31 states that Jesus appears in the clouds after the immediately after the Tribulation of those Days and with a Trump sounding gathers his Elite . That is the subject most important here . He will be completely visible to those that loves him and those that do not . There will not be any secrecy involved . When he actually sets foot on earth it will be on the Mount of Olives . This is still one coming .

There has been one coming and will be a second coming. The second coming happens like this...

We meet Him in the air then U turn back to earth with Him on the second half of His way to earth. This happens after the tribulation of those days.

There is no third coming.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

That's the way it looks to me ! I don't want to go through the Tribulation just like those that cling to the Pre Trib Rapture .
I have already prepared to endure in spirit and have conditioned myself to walk away from all that I possess . I'm sure that ownership of properties will be included in the 666 system and without an ID in that system all unclaimed properties will revert to the state at some point .

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

There is no mention of a "trump" in that verse, where apparently you are taking a word out of another book of the New Testament and throwing it into a sort of mix.
There is no mention of Jesus being "completely visible" in that verse in Matthew, either. There is the Greek word in the original text, ὄψονται, generally translated as "they will see" which has two ways to be understood, literally to see, or metaphorically to understand something, for example in a spiritual way.
How this could have played out is the "peoples" who saw the sign was represented by the gathering of the diaspora Jews for a holy day festival from all parts of the known world at that time, in Jerusalem when the Romans laid siege on the city. There was no secret that Jerusalem was desolated by the Eagle standard bearing Legions.
The "sets foot on earth it will be on the Mount of Olives" idea comes from the Old Testament minor prophet Zechariah, which is a poetic and figurative piece of oracle and if you wanted to apply it to Jesus, you can easily see it as having already been fulfilled, that the outcome of his presence caused an out-flowing of blessing from that point, outwards to the entire world through the preaching of his Gospel.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The word rapture is nowhere in the Word. The disposationalist idea is only argueable through scripture mining which defeats the simple idea worrying about today and not the future, for only the Father knows when the day will come. The raptute has only been preached since the 1830's. The rapture theology is bad for your soul today, teaches fear not Christ's message of love and forgiveness and leads to warmongering in the middle east.
Regardless of when it happens, be ready. Be right with your life. Be prepared to live through it, with a martyr's heart and a mind for those who need Christ. God will welcome you home.
Rather than argue when, just know it will happen until the follow tne river of living waters that runs from Eden to the throne of God in new Jeruselum. Genesis to revelations.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I never denied we meet Him in the air. What I said is we meet Him in the air and go to the marriage supper and the Bhema judgment. Those two events happen in heaven. And we join Him at His 2nd coming to Earth, where He stays and rules and reigns from Jerusalem.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by truejew

There has been one coming and will be a second coming. The second coming happens like this...

We meet Him in the air then U turn back to earth with Him on the second half of His way to earth. This happens after the tribulation of those days.

There is no third coming.

The marriage supper and the Bhema judgment are right after the rapture, so is that in space? Floating tables?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bullshirt56
The word rapture is nowhere in the Word. The disposationalist idea is only argueable through scripture mining which defeats the simple idea worrying about today and not the future, for only the Father knows when the day will come. The raptute has only been preached since the 1830's. The rapture theology is bad for your soul today, teaches fear not Christ's message of love and forgiveness and leads to warmongering in the middle east.
Regardless of when it happens, be ready. Be right with your life. Be prepared to live through it, with a martyr's heart and a mind for those who need Christ. God will welcome you home.
Rather than argue when, just know it will happen until the follow tne river of living waters that runs from Eden to the throne of God in new Jeruselum. Genesis to revelations.

The word rapture is in the Latin Bible. It's a theological term carried over from Latin.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I would be more concerned to find it in hebrew or greek.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bullshirt56

I would be more concerned to find it in hebrew or greek.

You can do the Greek, it's "harpazo". There are no NT books in Hebrew. Harpazo means "to snatch away".

Greek: harpazo
Latin: rapimir
English: caught up

edit on 22-9-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm done beating a dead horse, this is nothing but splitting hairs.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I never denied we meet Him in the air. What I said is we meet Him in the air and go to the marriage supper and the Bhema judgment. Those two events happen in heaven. And we join Him at His 2nd coming to Earth, where He stays and rules and reigns from Jerusalem.

You deny that when we meet Him in the air, it is the coming of the Lord. That goes against the Scripture I posted.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

NuT, Truejew, and lonewolf,

We are all brothers with the same Lord and the same Mission....

Let's end this fruitless bickering and get to more important matters....

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join