It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exactly how dumb are the government sheeple?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I was watching the news yesterday when one local station ran a news story about the Danville, VA 911 call center that got infested with fleas after a deputy who was in a home infested with fleas took a shower at the facility. One dispatcher believes she brought them in to the centers call room after she gave an officer a towel.

Here is how dumb the people that handle the calls are. The dispatcher called the fire department to remove the fleas after they started spreading through out the 911 call center. She said on the video, "I knew who to call, the fire department"

you have got to be kidding me... calling the fire department for a fleas infestation! but this was a 911 dispatcher! Talk about conditioning and being helpless without a brain to think!

www.wset.com...

Just like any other emergency, she knew who to call - the fire department.

"I was like, 'Does anyone have anything to kill fleas?' And they said 'Fleas?' and I said, 'Yes' so they said no they didn't have anything but they would try to get us something and come down here and see what they could do to help us," said Owens.

Soon, everyone had at least one flea - turning the call into a full hazmat response.

"I've never been more humiliated in my life," said Owens.

"I've been joking with our manager, telling him this was definitely not in the job description," said Stephanie Hicks, a telecommunicator.

While they went outside to shower off, their calls went to Pittsylvania County dispatch. They brought in an exterminator. Now, Owens knows what to do next time an officer calls and asks for a towel, she says she will probably run.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I would have sent and EMERGENCY alert to the CDC, for proper specifications to seal and quarantine the building for further testing to see if they are infected fleas.

But you do realize though, that common sense isn't that common anymore....What a shame

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What the f? Reminds me of this one...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Fleas. Now imagine it had been flies!

Not even a can of fly spray could have sa... wait, why didn't they just use bug spray?

Oh well, those that can, DO... those that can't... answer the phone.

edit on 19-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

top topics

join