It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study finds tumors in rats fed on Monsanto's GM corn

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Have you really looked at population growth stats? I have and population growth is slowing down everywhere but in Africa. If we continue the way we are going humans will never reach 10 billion. The biggest growth was in 1964 since then the rate of growth has been declining. We have plenty of resources to feed our people, we don't need to poison them, we could however get a bit better organised.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by eLPresidente

Ummm how do you know I have read up on global population growth and have seen correlations in relation to food consumption?

There is a point when the global population will exceed the level in which we can sustain it. Genetically modified foods are one viable option to feed everyone. I did not say it was the only option sir.

What suggestions do you have?

What does me requesting you to research both sides (between farming crops natural versus genetically modified crops) fully have anything to do with global population growth?

The alternative and the only way to do it is how it has been done before mono-cultured farming came to be.

Now I'm asking again that you research both sides fully, you don't need it spoon-fed from me.

Farmers under the iron fist rule of Monsanto are forced to buy seeds, not reproduce their own. This is absolutely unsustainable and inefficient but you wouldn't know because you didn't do your homework.

Genetically modified crops don't save people from starving today and they won't save people from starving tomorrow. Why? because when compared to conventional farming, genetically modified crop agriculture is a net LOSS.

Actually if you think about... Monsanto has taken the "central banking model" and applied it to agriculture....

we take your money; give you back notes which we own and you can't reproduce; then the only place to get new notes is through Monsanto!

rinse/recycle/repeat

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

They are toxins - for me enough said. In Canada most pregnant women have the bt toxin in their bodies, the novel gene is inside them and still producing the toxin. Do a search on this, or search roundup and lymphoma and see if there is a connection. People are dying, the rats have been shown to die after eating this stuff, the results are in.

What’s the world going to do about it?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I think most people that posted in this thread would appreciate the documentary posted in this link, flag the thread because the documentary is available for free viewing online for the next TWO (2) days.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Thank you for bringing this news forward!
S&F for you!

Here are 3 links showing pictures of the rats involved in that study:
referentiel.nouvelobs.com...
www.letelegramme.com...
edit on 20/9/2012 by KarmaComa because: broken links updated

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by KarmaComa

JM Ayrault (French Prime Minister), and EU have requested their respective sanitary authorities to validate the conclusions of that research, and if they are validated, France will defend EU against GM food imports and request their ban.
In the meantime, EU has frozen the examination of authorisation renewal for Monsanto MON 810.
www.liberation.fr...

Sorry, the link is in French.

For info, there are only two GM foods allowed to be grown in Europe now: MON 810 and a potato.

The article ends up by saying that France has been fighting against GM food culture in Europe for years. *proud*

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
These GMO folks are a nasty sort and have no issue with feeding us poison. THey now have an insider in the FDA pushing their agenda. This company is not a friend of the people.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Another hit piece surfaces in the main stream:

Flanders Institute for Biotechnology exceptionally sceptical about the Seralini research

Needless to say, this may become another notch in the GMO belt... if they can definitively brand anti-GMO research as faulty and misguided, it may go the way of the early research on cigarette smoking and cancer.... remember how everyone knew there was no connection between the two? Its the same marketing approach... and if the research was faulty, rushed, or simply "bad science" they will play on this for years to come.

Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB) has reacted very sceptically to the "alarming" results of a health study into the consequences of genetically modified maize.

The VIB scientists had serious reservations about the Séralini publication, which appeared today in the journal Food and Chemical Toxicology. The conclusions drawn by Séralini could not be derived from the publication. The data will have to be subjected to a thorough analysis.

VIB points out that Séralini is a controversial researcher. "Séralini has published similar accounts before, but not one of them has withstood scientific scrutiny. That is because he draws conclusions that cannot be derived from the data. The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has examined Séralini's previous study about GM maize for the European Commission. His conclusions were not followed on the basis of sound scientific elements and the EFSA repeated its recommendations concerning GM maize."

I am so cynical as to wonder whether such a poor example of research and analysis was offered up purposefully... but that would be just too paranoid of an idea to defend.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarmaComa

Thank you for bringing this news forward!
S&F for you!

Here are 3 links showing pictures of the rats involved in that study:
www.letelegramme.com...
edit on 20/9/2012 by KarmaComa because: broken links updated

Those poor rats

I bet it's doing the same thing to us too

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
and monsanto stock still at 4 year highs...can you believe the fraud out there in this market?>

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

This reminds me of the FOX reporters being fired over the POSILAC (made my Monsanto) story. This was in 2008 I believe.Seems there was a definite link between POSILAC injected cows and cancer. Plenty of YouTube videos still around about it I'm sure. It was a pretty big deal... My mom calls them MonSATAN. As a side note: I've been drinking almond milk since 2002. It's very expensive in stores but easily and cheaply made at home. I add coconut extract and vanilla and a bit of stevia to sweeten it and sometimes boil it with cocoa for a treat. Far fewer calories than cow's milk as well.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
That's awesome news!!!!
Corn is a hell of a lot cheaper than rat poison. Hooray for the French, bon apetite.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
I think most people that posted in this thread would appreciate the documentary posted in this link, flag the thread because the documentary is available for free viewing online for the next TWO (2) days.

WOW!

This makes everything I have been feeling in the past year come to the light. That is some seriously shocking and informative documentary. It has to be true though because the symptoms of the people they talk about are exactly the same symptoms I'm having. I diagnosed myself with celiac, because my doctor could only prescribe me pills. So I have been eating a lot of corn and soy products. I have to say my body feels like trash all the time not to mention my breathing is sometimes shallow and it's hard to digest. My stomach hurts like hell too.I'm 22years old. I also stay active, drinks only water, and do stretches/exercises. Is this really the sort of symptoms I should be feeling? I'm convinced. I'm switching to all organic. I don't care the cost I'd rather be healthy.

Do not support GMOs by buying it!! It's only causing health problems. What you buy today is what is produced tomorrow. Say no to ALL GMO.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Deezi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

I think it is almost too late for not just organic farmers but even for anybody that wants to grow their own food. There are scary stories about the "Food Police" and what they are doing to everyday people coming out of the USA and Canada almost daily. And with the Australia Govt being the US yes men that they are it wont be long until we have the same restrictions over here too. We had huge marches to stop GMOs being grown here in West Oz and our PTB just went ahead and did it anyway. Of couse it was after a "Study Tour" of GMO farms in the US that our local Agriculture Minister approved GM Canola but luckily he insisted on a massive 50 meter buffer between conventional and GMO crops. I'm not sure who sponsored his "Study Tour"........
Our FDA equivalent refuse to to label foods containing GMOs, we cant drink raw milk so I think that the same laws will be in here soon enough. By stealth if need be.
We are all signatories to the WHO Codex Alimentarius which is trying hard to outlaw anything and everything that might possibly be good for us.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It's interesting that the food that most affects us all is the corn since it can be used as an ingredient to so many food products - primarily corn syrups, oils, and cereals. Corn was seen as the wondrous super-food by the pre-columbian natives of the Americas because of it's diverse use and high nutritional content. GMO corn is also found in an alarmingly amount of so called "natural" alternative foods that are corn-based.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Elpresedente put up a great documentary on his thread that I'm just trying to get out there. This information is pertinent to each and everyone of us.

Documentary:
geneticroulettemovie.com...

This documentary is a must watch to aid each of us in our fight against this Monstanto GMO beast.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Here is some video footage of the scientists removing the tumors:

There is no doubt that if it does this to rats that it's doing the same to us humans.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This shouldnt be surprise at all. As I remember similar idea had Engdahl in his book Seeds of Destruction.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
No words can describe the bad deeds of those corporations.

The killer sponsors of No to Prop 37 shamefully out themselves below, shocking long list of corporations

www.noprop37.com/donors/

Donors

Abbott Nutrition
BASF Plant Science
Bayer CropScience
Bimbo Bakeries USA
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC
Bunge North America, Inc.
C. H. Guenther & Son, Inc.
Campbell Soup Company
Cargill, Inc.
Clement Pappas & Company, Inc.
Clorox Company
Coca-Cola North America
ConAgra Foods
Council for Biotechnology Information
CropLife America
Dole Packaged Foods Company
Dow AgroSciences LLC
E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Co.
General Mills, Inc.
Grocery Manufacturers Association
H.J. Heinz Company
Hero North America
Hershey Company
Hirzel Canning Company
Hormel Foods Corporation
House-Autry Mills, Inc.
Idahoan Foods, LLC
Inventure Foods, Inc.
Kellogg Company
Knouse Foods Cooperative, Inc.
Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
Land O’Lakes, Inc.
McCain Foods USA, Inc.
McCormick & Company, Inc.
Monsanto Company
Nestle USA, Inc.
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
PepsiCo, Inc.
Pinnacle Foods Group LLC
Reily Foods Company
Rich Products Corporation
Richelieu Foods, Inc.
Sara Lee Corporation
Smithfield Foods, Inc.
Solae, LLC
Sunny Delight Beverages Company
Syngenta Corporation
The J.M. Smucker Company
Tri-Cal Inc.
Vroom
Ware

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

For those of you who still believe in science, let me remind everyone that science is about repeatability. In this case, there is no other supporting study, and they use rats that are specifically geneticly engineered to express cancer. They don't pull rats off the streets to do these experiments.
I also do not see anyone mentioning how other experts are HIGHLY skeptical, but I guess they are all in with the conspiracy to wipe out their customers (I mean the Human race).

The article does not even provide a link to the study results. I guess the details don't matter to anyone.

Here is what Monsanto said (they are the rat bastards killing us!)
This study does not meet minimum acceptable standards for this type of scientific research, the findings are not supported by the data presented, and the conclusions are not relevant for the purpose of safety assessment.

Toxicologists and public health experts find fundamental problems with the study design. Critical information about how the research was conducted is absent, and the data presented do not support the author’s interpretations. Among the key shortcomings are:

• Research protocol does not meet OECD standards

• Source and quality of corn used is unclear.

• Critical details on diet preparation and dietary intake are absent.

• Complete lack of data pertaining to assertions of liver or kidney histopathology, liver function tests, and cytochrome activity.

But to save me from having to respond to insults and death threats, I will say this....

LETS BURN THE WITCHES!!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join