It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The God Paradox

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyena

If we take a look around us, at the world we've made, at the sheer stupidity of war and hate over such mind-numbing trivial matters, is it impossible to imagine that we've already failed? We are going to kill ourselves off - plain and simple.

We are not the masters of the universe. We are not the species at center stage. This life, this universe, wasn't made with us in mind. We are a stepping stone for the next species to evolve a higher intelligence. Maybe we're supposed to leave behind an accounting of how we've failed, so that, hopefully, the next group won't make the same mistakes we did.

Will it be the chimps? I don't know. I've seen some pretty remarkable animals, such as the Japanese crow dropping nuts on the road so that car tires will crush them open, and then the crows wait for the cars to stop at a stop light before running out in the street to eat the nut. The octopus is smart. Dolphins have a huge brain.

Sorry, folks, whatever creature that evolves enough to become gods in their own right - it won't be us.

edit on 9/19/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I have found the truth, and that is you think mine is some Illuminati "truth".
Short supply?

"Three things shine before the world and cannot be hidden. They are the moon, the sun, and the truth" - Tathagata

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Sorry, folks, whatever creature that evolves enough to become gods in their own right - it won't be us.

yup its the same lie we where sold in the garden , we will be as gods, it aint true and never will be.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SparkOfSparks6

"Three things shine before the world and cannot be hidden.

well ill give you a thumbs up for this part of the statement.

the father the son and the holy spirit..........

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jericanman

the father the son and the holy spirit..........

I would be more inspired by this statement if you had the first clue as to what each was. I could give you the idiot's version (as I am an idiot compared to the higher beings of the world) but you wouldn't listen anyway.

I'll give you a hint: each one of those three represents a piece of a trinity that was held sacred by wiccans/pagans...and no, it is NOT coincidence.

edit on 19-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
what is the criteria for the term/concept ... God?

that is the first problem,,,, i am asking something that does not even know what it is,, where it is, when it is, how it is,,,, if there can be such a thing as a God,, and then asking them what rules and guidelines this God must obey and follow in order to be considered, by our contrived definition, a God...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Something that is greater than human, or controls a certain aspect of reality. That's the definition according to Greek/Roman/Norse/Chinese/Aztec/Mayan/Egyptian mythology, I guess. Do you have any better ideas for a definition?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by ImaFungi

Something that is greater than human, or controls a certain aspect of reality. That's the definition according to Greek/Roman/Norse/Chinese/Aztec/Mayan/Egyptian mythology, I guess. Do you have any better ideas for a definition?

no better ideas,,,,,,

but for those who discuss god.,.,.,. those who deny and those who believe,.,.,., both must have criteria and conceptions and an understanding of what the term God means,,, and that criteria and conception is what they are denying or believing in,,..,,..,

I originally wrote my statement in hopes that a god denier would give me his criteria of the god that does not exist.,.,., i was hoping a god denier could explain to me why/how in reality the criteria and actualization of a God could never exist.,.,.,,.
if they were to admit that a God could potentially exist in reality.,.
I would then ask,, how are they so sure,, something like a God did not create/is not in charge of, our reality...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'm actually really proud my threads got people thinking laterally with some very interesting points made, exactly what i was hoping for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join