It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of God in physics , MIND BOGGLING

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Evidence of God in Physics , mind boggling.

www.youtube.com...

So much intelligent design, i question there was a big bang , followed by a sequence of accidents, then hey presto.

here we are.

Mod Note:

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Gemwolf because: Left note

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dwarfflex

And I've always said.
If anyone were able to prove that god exists.
It would be a scientist.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

How about you give us a summary of the video, due to the fact that I can't watch videos on this computer (software issues) and some of us are at work?

Or is that too much to ask?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dwarfflex

www.youtube.com...

So much intelligent design, i question there was a big bang , followed by a sequence of accidents, then hey presto.

here we are.

I'm sorry but I stopped when he started using gravity as justification that god exists.

May as well have been kirk cameron and his amazing perfectly shaped for human consumption, BANANA.

People are dumb, ergo, there is no god for surely god would not create something faulty.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

This video proves nothing, and the speaker is making a fool out of himself.

Its called Chaos theory, explains intelligent design.

Nature is a self regulating system, always has been always will be.

He is but paraphrasing science to make it sound like its impossible for nature to self regulate and is argueing someone else has "Finley tuned" nature

Have you ever seen a flower stop growing because it forgot how to finish itself ?
Ever seen a flower that doesn't look like a flower (of the same species) ?

No because nature is self regulating systems, which in turn creates every thing in fractals.

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That guy doesn't understand percentages.
Just because the odds are astronomically against something, doesn't mean it can't happen.
One chance in a "billion billion billion billion" is still a chance, and can happen.

An example, on a much smaller scale:
What would be the odds, on a 100-sided die, of rolling 3 1s in a row?
I don't know, but I've done it.

One chance, out of who-cares-how-may, is all you need for something to happen.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Phi is all the proof of intelligent design you need. When the same number shows up all over our planet and beyond its difficult to write them all off as coincidence.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Shadowcast because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
How about you give us a summary of the video, due to the fact that I can't watch videos on this computer (software issues) and some of us are at work?

He just goes on about universal forces (gravity and what not), and the odds of them being "set", as he says, to support intelligent life. He claims that it's just too much of a coincidence to be random, thus proving the existence of intelligent design.
edit on 19-9-2012 by subject x because:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Evidence of God is all over, in all coincidences, in all balance, in all relativity. The universe is extremely intelligent, is everything working itself out by chance?

edit on 19-9-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm a christian theist and appreciate Strobel's more tangible works supporting the historical case for Christ, etc.

But here ... he seems out of his depth. At least according to the giants he's up against.

Besides, there's one universe (that we know of) - so no "other" universe to compares ours to.

Drawing conclusions from a set of one is useless - again, formally speaking.

I think design is rather self-evident but that's certainly not admissible as evidence in an empirical context.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye
Evidence of God is all over, in all coincidences, in all balance, in all relativity. The universe is extremely intelligent, is everything working itself out by chance?

edit on 19-9-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

I can't seem to be able to fly into space. Damn it, why do I not have wings and a space suite for skin. I should be able to breath under water also, but damned if I try I always nearly drown.

If everything was working out, I'd be superman. Did I sin or something, does this god not love me?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

It's funny that you should mention that, because "God" IS gravity. Gravity is the one force that all forms of energy rely upon to function as they do. Without gravity, we have no light, we have no magnetics, we have to sound, we have nothing. And what is "God", but energy?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I entered hoping to see some evidence but only got to hear a man speculating over things he has no clue about. Shame.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Yep that did it for me as well...
I do not understand the argument that just because things are the way they are, nothing else would have been possible...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't think this guy understands anything about gravity, the cosmological constant or the strong nuclear force. I don't think he understands how probability works either.

If there is any proof that intelligent life created the possibility for other intelligent life to exist, I don't think this guy knows how to find it. Total huckster.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowcast
Pi is all the proof of intelligent design you need. When the same number shows up all over our planet and beyond its difficult to write them all off as coincidence.

Incorrect.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

Just a one word answer? Wow, that's convincing. It's not like we might need any evidence or examples of your claim. Of course, we could just take your word for it, seeing as how you obviously know more than everyone else. Who are we to question you?

Regardless, it might be nice if you provided just a tiny bit of evidence to support your assertion...otherwise, we might just pass you over as yet another arrogant kknow-it-all who in fact just has the same opinions as everyone else, you're just more confident. Which isn't to say you're more right.

So about that evidence...?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Where is the evidence of the persons post I quoted?

Here's mine, and it literally took five seconds to get it.

Pi

The number π (/paɪ/) is a mathematical constant that is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter. The constant, sometimes written pi, is approximately equal to 3.14159.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dwarfflex

I'm sorry, but this YouTube video is not mind boggling, it's mind numbing. Yes, it's that stupid. I'm saying this as a physicist who had great interest in science since childhood.

It is true that a different combination of physics constants would lead to different Universes altogether. In some cases, there would be no conditions for life at all (hence no YouTube and no silly evangelicals to preach to the uneducated that this Universe is unique), and in some other cases, life would be (maybe) so dramatically different that we wouldn't even recognize it as such.

edit on 19-9-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Where is the evidence of the persons post I quoted?

Here's mine, and it literally took five seconds to get it.

Pi

The number π (/paɪ/) is a mathematical constant that is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter. The constant, sometimes written pi, is approximately equal to 3.14159.

Phi also known as the golden ratio appears not only on our planet but in the cosmos themselves. Just a few examples:

In Sunflowers:

Pine cones:

Nautilus shells:

Humans:

Here's some off planet:

There's a reason the call it Sacred Geometry and why its been studied and used in holy sites and temples throughout time. Like here for example:

Seek and you shall find.

edit on 19-9-2012 by Shadowcast because: spelling

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join