It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are Black AND a Muslim, you should read this!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by Nana2

That stuff is not common practice for Muslims in more advanced society. Not at all. There are plenty prominent Muslims advocating a modern interpretation of scripture.

wow, then I guess all the main stream news shows are just wrong in how they depict muslims? / You sound very liberal and I thought you folks swallow what they have to say hook, line and sinker. Should I post link after link after link of MODERN stories of child brides, women being legally killed by their husbands, people being murdered over something as silly as a u tube video?

Are you kidding here?

Some facts at last, Yes the media are wrong how they depict Muslims.

Example. Media reports on group of hoodlum rioting as hoodlums rioting , however if they are of Islamic faith the media tells its viewers that Muslims are rioting instead of just the hoodlums they are for rioting.

Why does a criminals faith matter in western media whether he is Muslim christian Jew Athiest or what ever.
What Im saying is when It is a Muslim western media make sure the first two things you know are violence and Islam.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Many American Blacks are constantly bashing America for her history of slavery? Yet wholeheartedly imbrace islam? I don't get it. Black Muslims make up 35 percent of the Muslim American population

I ask you, how could you support Islam, who was the ringleader in slaves from Africa during slavery's highest years.?

www.politicalislam.com...

"These figures are a rough estimate of the death of non-Muslims by the political act of jihad." Over 270 MILLION non-muslim people killed by Muslims, with Africans being the highest number.

Some points and numbers covered in the article:

1-In the height of slavery years, Islam was the ringleader of it
2-The other religions in history who were killed by Islam
Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, jewish people

edit on 19-9-2012 by Nana2 because: to fix link

The power of brainwashing is how they can do it. That and they ignore one very important book they should not, the New Testament in the Holy Bible.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Dead Snow: DO you live somewhere without Tv or radio or newspapers? Are you not familiar with the ambassoder and 3 others who were murdered because somebody in the US made a silly little film which "offended islam"?

They themsleves said thats why they killed them.

I don't get how people can be so blind in this day and age?

I thought humanity would have learn t something after WW2.

During WAR all countries involved use propaganda on their own people to keep up support or war efforts

If you think what your TV tells you is true you maybe need to switch it off for a while

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't see them walking around the US with guns and humvees do they? Pissing on holly books and taking pictures with corpses. You have got to be
to think the US is not on the wrong here, it takes two to start a war. World police, uhhh yeah.

I never said the US is innocent. I am the biggest fan of getting out of all of those countries. But THAT has nothing to do with wwhat u said, you act like THEY are the ones who are innocent in this.

No, they dont walk around with humvees and guns. THEY DO IT SNEAKY! They plant bombs on things and people. They Do shoot when they get crazy enough (Ft hood?) How many terrorist plots have been thwarted here since 9/11?

Can the US help it if they happen to be more superior in HOW the killings take place? The US just happens to have more warfare ability to STOP a lot of it in this country. Too bad those countries can't do the same thing. Cause like you said, its a war.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

You could just as easily ask Europeans/white people why they all belong to a Church that has historically dominated and oppressed millions.

Thats not the point of this thread. Two wrongs dont make a right. The point of this thread is to ask the question- Why would you follow a religion that has a history of genocide, as well as enslavement , towards your people, all while you complain about similiar treatment from another group (whites)?

Get it? I dont see how they justify it?

What race of people has Islam wiped out?

How is that not the piont of the thread when you repeated exactly what patrick wrote just using different words.

damn it! How many times do I have to say it here? I wish you would people would READ the whole thing before you post. The point of this thread is about why blacks become muslims when muslims have a horrible history to them in their past. It is NOT about what christianity has done or not done. Thats a subject for another thread. Stop trying to derail my thread.

Who said islam has wiped out a race of people?
edit on 19-9-2012 by Nana2 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

reply to post by Nana2

That stuff is not common practice for Muslims in more advanced society. Not at all. There are plenty prominent Muslims advocating a modern interpretation of scripture.

wow, then I guess all the main stream news shows are just wrong in how they depict muslims? / You sound very liberal and I thought you folks swallow what they have to say hook, line and sinker. Should I post link after link after link of MODERN stories of child brides, women being legally killed by their husbands, people being murdered over something as silly as a u tube video?

Are you kidding here?

Some facts at last, Yes the media are wrong how they depict Muslims.

Example. Media reports on group of hoodlum rioting as hoodlums rioting , however if they are of Islamic faith the media tells its viewers that Muslims are rioting instead of just the hoodlums they are for rioting.

Why does a criminals faith matter in western media whether he is Muslim christian Jew Athiest or what ever.
What Im saying is when It is a Muslim western media make sure the first two things you know are violence and Islam.

ok got it! Now I see why most people on this thread are jumping on the bandwagon of how horrible America and even christianity are. It's that obama thing! >>>> Blame everybody but yourselves.

In that case, I see there is no reasoning, I did not start this thread to talk or not talk about how bad islam is, I simply asked a question out of curiosity.

No hope for you except that you keep blindly following the lies you have heard from the top of this country down, about what a wonderful thing muslims are, with all the extras muslims get, everybody moving their traditions away to accomodate muslims, being very very careful to not "offend", no matter how much THEY offend others. Muslims who own gas stations etc are the rudest people on earth.

No matter which way you try to spin it, it is an evil and violent religion, and why anyone in their right mind would make any excuse for it, by saying things are "taken out of context", despite being quoted directly from your own "holy book", is beyond me.

So I am done.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Im sorry if no one else can see this but nana2 is a complete troll, i have read the entire thread and it is complete nonsense which will lead to no logical outcome or conclusion.....i suggest no one else waste's their time here.
edit on 19-9-2012 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
A Muslim employee of mine from Indonesia asked me top drop him off at a mosque one Friday afternoon.
The only one I knew of was in the "hood" (for lack of a better word) . Monday morning I asked him how things went and he said that these "black Muslims" were not real Muslims. He never went back again. I don't think the "Nation of Islam" brand of Muslim has much in common with the average Muslim from other countries.

Sharia law allows for slavery though and slavery is very common in parts of the world.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

Nana2, you put up a good fight. I read every thread. I think you posted an interesting question but unfortunately it seems as though human nature forces people to get on the defensive when it comes to their beliefs, especially religious beliefs. I do not follow any religion either unless there is one for just simply being as good to each other as we can be.

It was a good fight.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ah, another thread where a multitude of ATS posters display abject (and seemingly willful) ignorance with regard to islam.

islam, the death cult, is the most destructive and vile ideology that has ever taken hold on this planet.

It is responsible for more murder, genocide, slavery, theft, wanton destruction, and ajbect misery than all other religions or political systems combined. Murder or subjugation of all non-muslims is the central tenet of islam. No other "religion" is anything like this.

Yet here on this forum, where the slogan is "deny ignorance," many people would rather embrace ignorance and with a little hand waving and a few ignorant statements claim islam is no worse than any other "religion."

How truly, truly sad.

I'm reminded of Edmund Burke: "All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

edit on 19-9-2012 by Spooky1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Nana2

So why don't the Christians use Bible's that are just the New Testament? Furthermore why doesn't your thread pose the same questions to Black people that are Christian? Why is the seller more demonic than the buyer?

Anywho... here's some more.

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

more jems

I agree with you to a degree, zealotry is a huge problem but it exists in all Religions. No religion has a higher claim to idiots that take things too far than any other. You seem to be picking on Islam alone.

She is just playing around with duality, just like she have been conditioned/taught todo. I hope she is enjoying it. It can be fun sometime when you want to simplify everything in right and wrong and not see the extreme complexity that is created by souls playing around and trying to understand and evolve themselve. It is shades of grey really and noone can on this level truely know everything about god since the mind and brain cannot handle it. The brain is a cool biological machine but becomes very limiting after a while. To slow and cannot perceive enought information even about itself and the body. I do not even know what the body is capable of yeet but I have learned it is more than what many people think. And then you have the mind/ego that is so hard to examine and control, especially with all impurities around ous influencing it.

But who said this place would be simple.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Dead Snow: DO you live somewhere without Tv or radio or newspapers? Are you not familiar with the ambassoder and 3 others who were murdered because somebody in the US made a silly little film which "offended islam"?

They themsleves said thats why they killed them.

I don't get how people can be so blind in this day and age?

You do get that the movie is just the last straw. If it was not that it would be something else. Humans have let their temper run wild for ages and have problem controling themselves especially when they get caught up in I am right you are wrong thinking (duality). Both Jesus, Muhammed and Budha as an example told people in different ways that nonduality was the way. Jesus even told you that reality is nondual but most do not understand that he said it and that nugget is an advance class that probably should not be disscussed on this level.

Why limit yourself to one human view of god (religon) when you can read them all and understand what they point towards. Religon itself is not interesting except as a map to use to reach a destination. It is the destination that is important. Not the map. Would you use one map that seems unfinished or use all maps you can find to make a new map that seem to fit reality better than the old unfinished maps.

Knowledge sometimes evolve to be more precise and direct as progress continue. It is the same with spiritual knowledge.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

This thread is silly. Did the Christianity not kill a bunch of white people?

edit on 19-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
Liberals have brainwashed blacks to believe that Arabs are good and White Americans are bad. The reality of course, is that Arabs are some of the most racist people around and in some parts still practice slavery on Africans. Dont expect to read it in Huffington Post, New York Times or other vanguards of leftist propaganda.

Wow, you really have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. A lot of black Muslims in the USA are black nationalists or afro-centric at least. They believe that Arabs hijacked Islam........

edit on 19-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Many American Blacks are constantly bashing America for her history of slavery? Yet wholeheartedly imbrace islam? I don't get it. Black Muslims make up 35 percent of the Muslim American population

I ask you, how could you support Islam, who was the ringleader in slaves from Africa during slavery's highest years.?

www.politicalislam.com...

"These figures are a rough estimate of the death of non-Muslims by the political act of jihad." Over 270 MILLION non-muslim people killed by Muslims, with Africans being the highest number.

Some points and numbers covered in the article:

1-In the height of slavery years, Islam was the ringleader of it
2-The other religions in history who were killed by Islam
Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, jewish people

edit on 19-9-2012 by Nana2 because: to fix link

You're assuming that 100% of black Muslims are still mad about slavery that happened 300 years ago.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

edit on 19-9-2012 by irsuccubus because: I decided its just not worth it

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think the OP asked a legitimate question. I think part of the answer is that the vast majority have a poor understanding of history. In order to remain politically correct I will preemptively add that the same is true for the vast majority of Christians, even though they are not the topic of this thread.
No one should trust what their religious teachers say without doing their homework and digging into the historical facts, even if those facts are unpleasant and disturbing.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
ATS

Where white people come to bitch.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

propaganda is a highly effective tool.
ask most black ppl in today's world who is responsible for slavery and the only answer you'll get is "whitey".
tis a shame, tis a disgusting shame but it's also a fact.

besides, a majority of the black population who are muslim today were raised with Mo Ali as their "hero" ... and since Islam was good enough for him, it must be good enough for them ... sound familiar ??

lest anyone forget, members of the weather underground reproduced 2 generations by now ... the beliefs are ingrained, regardless right or wrong.
and, from childhood onward, an open-mind has long since been closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join