It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are Black AND a Muslim, you should read this!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Nana2

Whereas MUSLIMS have killing others who don't agree with their religion as one of the core teachings in their religion.

No they do not.
Provide some proof for such.

say whaaaatt? Read my post above with multiple quotes from their own religion. Their own "bible" per say, the Qu'ran.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

Well and look what happened in Libya. The most heinous crimes were committed via a mercenary for the CIA/Brotherhood that targetted Africans amongst others, and I'm sorry, the graphic video's I watched on this is something i won't be able to get out of my memory banks, its heart wrenching, and destroys the whole universe, that even happened to one person, at any time in history. There are no words to describe what was done.

Well the worst criminal of that group got the leadership and seems to be endorsed by Obama, I guess.

Those mercenaries working for the Brotherhood targetted Africans.

I don't get it either, its not something Black American's should be embracing.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluFenix
reply to post by Nana2

Are you Christian? Why do you support a religion that killed people to convert them to Christianity many years ago?

There is hypocrisy in your words, friend. Please be aware of them when you speak.

I already stated I am not christian. I do not follow any manmade religion.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Nana2

Well and look what happened in Libya. The most heinous crimes were committed via a mercenary for the CIA/Brotherhood that targetted Africans amongst others, and I'm sorry, the graphic video's I watched on this is something i won't be able to get out of my memory banks, its heart wrenching, and destroys the whole universe, that even happened to one person, at any time in history. There are no words to describe what was done.

Well the worst criminal of that group got the leadership and seems to be endorsed by Obama, I guess.

Those mercenaries working for the Brotherhood targetted Africans.

I don't get it either, its not something Black American's should be embracing.

Thats exactly the point. I dont get it either.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

I doubt you'll be hearing from any Black Muslims. Why would they waste their time with this? Do you understand that having young wives was a common practice throughout the world at the time? I'm not justifying it. But you're nitpicking these small things that aren't what Islam is all about.

Islam is not about Muhammad, he is a messenger. It is about God, and I think Muhammad was clearly one of the all time brilliant theologians. His ideas about divinity are accepted by 1.5 billion people.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Most UM mooseslums are recruited in prison where having total control over women and anyone that doesn't agree with you looks pretty darned good

LOL

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I don't completely defend Islam, I just have a problem with people writing it off like you are. If these problems are to be solved and the world is to become more sophisticated in relationship to God, there can't be blatant disrespect to more than a fifth of the world.

And really, the theology is pretty much in line with other major religions when it comes to the biggest ideas.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by Nana2

I doubt you'll be hearing from any Black Muslims. Why would they waste their time with this? Do you understand that having young wives was a common practice throughout the world at the time? I'm not justifying it. But you're nitpicking these small things that aren't what Islam is all about.

Islam is not about Muhammad, he is a messenger. It is about God, and I think Muhammad was clearly one of the all time brilliant theologians. His ideas about divinity are accepted by 1.5 billion people.

It doesnt matter about the numbers that are in this cult. There are lots of people who follow a bad religion, not just islam.

I dont think my multiple quotes above is nitpicking. I think it is very clear as to the REPEATED times that this was part of the "wise" sayings. Even modern day muslims are quoted with such despictable stuff like "a father who marries his daughter is worthy of heaven. And he references girls who have just started menstruation. So I would say the teachings of "that time" are still pretty relevant to muslims these days.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I don't completely defend Islam, I just have a problem with people writing it off like you are. If these problems are to be solved and the world is to become more sophisticated in relationship to God, there can't be blatant disrespect to more than a fifth of the world.

And really, the theology is pretty much in line with other major religions when it comes to the biggest ideas.

My friend, I enjoy discussing with you, but honestly, what rock are you living under? What other religion advocates the violence, the rape, women being lower than cattle? What "biggest ideas" are in common with other religions? Are you referring to the kinder passages in islam religion. You DO realize that those were ONLY meant for the blind followers of islam dont you? Certainly not for the "infidels."

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

That stuff is not common practice for Muslims in more advanced society. Not at all. There are plenty prominent Muslims advocating a modern interpretation of scripture.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

Oh those ones taken out of context? The ones about fighting back against armies and peoples that attacked them? Gotcha!

Here's some verses from the Bible you might want to brush up on before you go running around willy nilly like you are.

Numbers 31:17Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Joshua 10:28And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof he utterly destroyed, them, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain: and he did to the king of Makkedah as he did unto the king of Jericho. 29Then Joshua passed from Makkedah, and all Israel with him, unto Libnah, and fought against Libnah: 30And the LORD delivered it also, and the king thereof, into the hand of Israel; and he smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain in it; but did unto the king thereof as he did unto the king of Jericho.31And Joshua passed from Libnah, and all Israel with him, unto Lachish, and encamped against it, and fought against it: 32And the LORD delivered Lachish into the hand of Israel, which took it on the second day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein, according to all that he had done to Libnah.

2 Kings 2:23And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. 24And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

2 Kings 15:16Then Menahem smote Tiphsah, and all that were therein, and the coasts thereof from Tirzah: because they opened not to him, therefore he smote it; and all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.

Psalms 137:9Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Ezekial 9: 5And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: 6Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house. 7And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.

Hosea 9:16Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.

Hosea 13:16Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

Won't someone think of the children!?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Nana2

Oh those ones taken out of context? The ones about fighting back against armies and peoples that attacked them? Gotcha!

Here's some verses from the Bible you might want to brush up on before you go running around willy nilly like you are.

Numbers 31:17Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Joshua 10:28And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof he utterly destroyed, them, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain: and he did to the king of Makkedah as he did unto the king of Jericho. 29Then Joshua passed from Makkedah, and all Israel with him, unto Libnah, and fought against Libnah: 30And the LORD delivered it also, and the king thereof, into the hand of Israel; and he smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain in it; but did unto the king thereof as he did unto the king of Jericho.31And Joshua passed from Libnah, and all Israel with him, unto Lachish, and encamped against it, and fought against it: 32And the LORD delivered Lachish into the hand of Israel, which took it on the second day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein, according to all that he had done to Libnah.

2 Kings 2:23And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. 24And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

2 Kings 15:16Then Menahem smote Tiphsah, and all that were therein, and the coasts thereof from Tirzah: because they opened not to him, therefore he smote it; and all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.

Psalms 137:9Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Ezekial 9: 5And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: 6Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house. 7And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.

Hosea 9:16Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.

Hosea 13:16Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

Won't someone think of the children!?

You need to get YOUR facts straight. Everything you quoted is from the old testament. Christians as a whole, follow the NEW testament. Now, I am NOT defending christianity at all! I happen to beleive that ALL man made religions are worthless.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Nana2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Nana2

That stuff is not common practice for Muslims in more advanced society. Not at all. There are plenty prominent Muslims advocating a modern interpretation of scripture.

wow, then I guess all the main stream news shows are just wrong in how they depict muslims? / You sound very liberal and I thought you folks swallow what they have to say hook, line and sinker. Should I post link after link after link of MODERN stories of child brides, women being legally killed by their husbands, people being murdered over something as silly as a u tube video?

Are you kidding here?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

Not happening in more ADVANCED societies, like among African Americans. Remember, Islamic states are largely corrupted by dictators and in poverty.

Warith Deen Mohammed (born Wallace D. Muhammad; October 30, 1933 – September 9, 2008), also known as "W. Deen Mohammed" or "Imam W. Deen Muhammad", was a progressive African American Muslim leader, theologian, philosopher, Muslim revivalist and Islamic thinker (1975–2008) who disbanded the original Nation of Islam in 1976[1] and transformed it into an orthodox mainstream Islamic movement, the World Community of Al-Islam in the West which later became the American Society of Muslims.[2] He was a son of Elijah Muhammad, the leader of the Nation of Islam from 1933 to 1975.[3][4]

en.wikipedia.org...

The Nation and its teachings were brought into conformity with orthodox Sunni Islam. Wallace Mohammed made the pilgrimage to Mecca and encouraged his followers to study Arabic in order to better understand Islam. The community came to observe Islam's Five Pillars and black separatist doctrines were dropped as they community proceeded to participate within the political process and system. The equality of men and women believers was reaffirmed; women were given more responsible positions in the ministry of the community. The name of Nation was initially changed to the World Community of al-Islam in the West (WCIW); Mohammed Speaks became the Bilalian News, named after the first black convert to Islam.
newsweek.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Don't Call Me Moderate, Call Me Normal
By Ed Husain

I am a moderate Muslim, yet I don't like being termed a "moderate"—it somehow implies that I am less of a Muslim.

We use the designation "moderate Islam" to differentiate it from "radical Islam." But in so doing, we insinuate that while Islam in moderation is tolerable, real Islam—often perceived as radical Islam—is intolerable. This simplistic, flawed thinking hands our extremist enemies a propaganda victory: They are genuine Muslims. In this rubric, the majority, non-radical Muslim populace has somehow compromised Islam to become moderate.

What is moderate Christianity? Or moderate Judaism? Is Pastor Terry Jones's commitment to burning the Quran authentic Christianity, by virtue of the fanaticism of his action? Or, is Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, the spiritual head of the Shas Party in Israel, more Jewish because he calls on Jews to rain missiles on the Arabs and "annihilate them"?

The pastor and the rabbi can, no doubt, find abstruse scriptural justifications for their angry actions. And so it is with Islam's fringe: Our radicals find religious excuses for their political anger. But Muslim fanatics cannot be allowed to define Islam.

The Prophet Muhammad warned us against ghuluw, or extremism, in religion. The Quran reinforces the need for qist, or balance. For me, Islam at its essence is the middle way in all matters. This is normative Islam, adhered to by a billion normal Muslims across the globe.

Normative Islam is inherently pluralist. It is supported by 1,000 years of Muslim history in which religious freedom was cherished. The claim, made today by the governments of Iran and Saudi Arabia, that they represent God's will expressed through their version of oppressive Shariah law is a modern innovation.

The classical thinking within Islam was to let a thousand flowers bloom. Ours is not a centralized tradition, and Islam's rich diversity is a legacy of our pluralist past.

Normative Islam, from its early history to the present, is defined by its commitment to protecting religion, life, progeny, wealth and the human mind. In the religious language of Muslim scholars, this is known as maqasid, or aims. This is the heart of Islam.

I am fully Muslim and fully Western. Don't call me moderate—call me a normal Muslim.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Don't Gloss Over The Violent Texts
By Tawfik Hamid

In regards to Islam, the words "moderate'" and "radical" are relative terms. Without defining them it is virtually impossible to defeat the latter or support the former.

Radical Islam is not limited to the act of terrorism; it also includes the embrace of teachings within the religion that promote hatred and ultimately breed terrorism. Those who limit the definition of radical Islam to terrorism are ignoring—and indirectly approving of—the Shariah teachings that permit killing apostates, violence against women and gays, and anti-Semitism.

Moderate Islam should be defined as a form of Islam that rejects these violent and discriminatory edicts. Furthermore, it must provide a strong theological refutation for the mainstream Islamic teaching that the Muslim umma (nation) must declare wars against non-Muslim nations, spreading the religion and giving non-Muslims the following options: convert, pay a humiliating tax, or be killed. This violent concept fuels jihadists, who take the teaching literally and accept responsibility for applying it to the modern world.

Moderate Islam must not be passive. It needs to actively reinterpret the violent parts of the religious text rather than simply cherry-picking the peaceful ones. Ignoring, rather than confronting or contextualizing, the violent texts leaves young Muslims vulnerable to such teachings at a later stage in their lives.

Finally, moderate Islam must powerfully reject the barbaric practices of jihadists. Ideally, this would mean Muslims demonstrating en masse all over the world against the violence carried out in the name of their religion.

Moderate Islam must be honest enough to admit that Islam has been used in a violent manner at several stages in history to seek domination over others. Insisting that all acts in Islamic history and all current Shariah teachings are peaceful is a form of deception that makes things worse by failing to acknowledge the existence of the problem.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Those guys are outright liars right? Muslims hate infidels, women, and tolerance.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Those guys are outright liars right? Muslims hate infidels, women, and tolerance.

Now you're gettin' it!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

Nice, verdicts in, You're hopeless.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Nana2

Not happening in more ADVANCED societies, like among African Americans. Remember, Islamic states are largely corrupted by dictators and in poverty.

Warith Deen Mohammed (born Wallace D. Muhammad; October 30, 1933 – September 9, 2008), also known as "W. Deen Mohammed" or "Imam W. Deen Muhammad", was a progressive African American Muslim leader, theologian, philosopher, Muslim revivalist and Islamic thinker (1975–2008) who disbanded the original Nation of Islam in 1976[1] and transformed it into an orthodox mainstream Islamic movement, the World Community of Al-Islam in the West which later became the American Society of Muslims.[2] He was a son of Elijah Muhammad, the leader of the Nation of Islam from 1933 to 1975.[3][4]

en.wikipedia.org...

The Nation and its teachings were brought into conformity with orthodox Sunni Islam. Wallace Mohammed made the pilgrimage to Mecca and encouraged his followers to study Arabic in order to better understand Islam. The community came to observe Islam's Five Pillars and black separatist doctrines were dropped as they community proceeded to participate within the political process and system. The equality of men and women believers was reaffirmed; women were given more responsible positions in the ministry of the community. The name of Nation was initially changed to the World Community of al-Islam in the West (WCIW); Mohammed Speaks became the Bilalian News, named after the first black convert to Islam.
newsweek.washingtonpost.com...

well, now there ya go. An answer to my question. That blacks in general (in Americam anyways) follow islam because it is different these days? And has improved? AM I getting that right?

I appreciate a response that is sticking to my questions.

However, if you were alive in the 60;s and saw the black muslims in action like I did, you would not agree with those statements. They were VERY violent.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join