It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are Black AND a Muslim, you should read this!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Many American Blacks are constantly bashing America for her history of slavery? Yet wholeheartedly imbrace islam? I don't get it. Black Muslims make up 35 percent of the Muslim American population

I ask you, how could you support Islam, who was the ringleader in slaves from Africa during slavery's highest years.?

www.politicalislam.com...

"These figures are a rough estimate of the death of non-Muslims by the political act of jihad." Over 270 MILLION non-muslim people killed by Muslims, with Africans being the highest number.

Some points and numbers covered in the article:

1-In the height of slavery years, Islam was the ringleader of it
2-The other religions in history who were killed by Islam
Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, jewish people

edit on 19-9-2012 by Nana2 because: to fix link

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I sort of think this is awful. That's like criticizing Jewish people who want to live in Germany, except 10x more outdated.

Things change. These religions/instituitons don't represent the same things they did hundreds of years ago. Look at the Republican party. They freed slaves and now get 5% of the African American vote at best.

Also, there are millions of African Muslims in Africa.
edit on 9/19/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I don;t think most American Black Muslims are really hardcore Muslims or whether they follow anything. They eat pork and do not pray 5x a day. They only thing they have connecting to Islam is names like jabar, jamar, hareem,, etc.

Black people of Africa was influenced by the closest religion they had, which is Islam, they just carried it forward because some of them don;t want to accept the "white man's religion".

There might be few black supporters who are religious, but i doubt they would be belligerent like the hardcore Muslim group.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
I don;t think most American Black Muslims are really hardcore Muslims or whether they follow anything. They eat pork and do not pray 5x a day. They only thing they have connecting to Islam is names like jabar, jamar, hareem,, etc.

Black people of Africa was influenced by the closest religion they had, which is Islam, they just carried it forward because some of them don;t want to accept the "white man's religion".

There might be few black supporters who are religious, but i doubt they would be belligerent like the hardcore Muslim group.

You missed my point. I wasnt saying they do the awful jihad stuff. I said, Why do you support a religion who in rather large numbers in some countries DO kill, etc?, after that religion killed so many of your own people. All in the name of their religion. Why associate yourself with that? I genuinely want to know.

There may be a large number of African Muslims, so again I say WHY??? Knowing the history. After all, to this day, many blacks, at least in America, just won't let the issue of slavery go, even want "reparations". They still have the certain mindset about that and call everything "racist". Yet those same blacks will follow an evil religion, who has a violent history towards their own ancestors. . I remember in the 60's "black power" was all about "getting whitey for the past evil ills towards blacks" and most of the people in that movement were muslims. I know, I saw it first hand.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Nana2 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
See, you're trying to apply logic to religion.
The two are generally mutually exclusive.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

Plenty of Christians kill and have historically in the name of religion. There's also the fact of African Americans being abused by white people, who are mostly Christians. Makes sense some might want to define their community in a different way.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
You could just as easily ask Europeans/white people why they all belong to a Church that has historically dominated and oppressed millions.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Misleading thread once again justifying the actions of religions that have cause an equivalent or greater amount of damage to society. Christianity, Judaism and Hinduism are much older than Islam...therefore Islam cannot be the 'ring' leader of slavery.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think if the black community knew the truth about the Democrat party they would not vote Democrat or embrace Islam. I have some black friends who are Conservative and call the majority of the black community victims. Slavery still exists, albeit in a different form. Genocide still goes on legally,13 million blacks since 1974 and 2000 a day currently. The Democrat party controls the black community through entitlements and genocide. I am sure they generally don't see it that way but the facts are very telling.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Are you serious? FACE PALM!!!

This has got to be one of the silliest things I've read on the site. I know Black people that are hardcore muslim (Not terrorists) that pray fives times a day, have long beards, visit Mecca for Hajj, Fast etc. You cannot generalize people because of skin color!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Last month I picked up a young black Muslim couple walking along the interstate and gave them a ride from near Lake Charles, Louisiana to near Port Arthur, Texas. We had plenty of time and discussed many things during the ride.

They were a really nice married couple, and were deeply devoted to God. They were traveling to reach the young woman's family- as there had been a death. They were having hard financial times so were stuck on foot. We discussed religion, politics, child-rearing, all those things they tell you not to bring up in polite conversation. I did more listening than talking.

Never once did they attribute their circumstance to slavery. They blamed it on their own poor decisions. But they looked forward to building a better future. They said they did not receive any government assistance and I believed them. They said that relying on government assistance makes people weak. They didn't want a hand out, they wanted to make it on their own.

They weren't even trying to hitch a ride when I stopped to pick them up. It was very hot and the Lord put it on my heart to offer them a ride. I'm glad I did. They were not so different from me.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by Nana2

Plenty of Christians kill and have historically in the name of religion. There's also the fact of African Americans being abused by white people, who are mostly Christians. Makes sense some might want to define their community in a different way.

No sorry, it doesn't make sense. It's a strange double standard. Whites may have been the "buyers", but muslims were the "sellers." You didnt read the link, did you? Whern the muslims sold slaves they were the healthy fit ones in large numbers, which left the weak, the children, the women, the elderly without viable means of feeding themselves. It created millions of deaths as a result.

yes, Christians have historically killed in the name of religion, such as the Middle Ages Crusades. Here's the difference, CHristianity dsoesnt TEACH that. It was the decision of some zealots to do that. Whereas MUSLIMS have killing others who don't agree with their religion as one of the core teachings in their religion.

But in the case of the Africans, it wasnt even about their religion, IT WAS ABOUT THEIR GREED!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
I think if the black community knew the truth about the Democrat party they would not vote Democrat or embrace Islam. I have some black friends who are Conservative and call the majority of the black community victims. Slavery still exists, albeit in a different form. Genocide still goes on legally,13 million blacks since 1974 and 2000 a day currently. The Democrat party controls the black community through entitlements and genocide. I am sure they generally don't see it that way but the facts are very telling.

Good point.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

Originally posted by Nana2
Why do you support a religion who in rather large numbers in some countries DO kill, etc?, after that religion killed so many of your own people

Why do millions of white Christians support a religion whose members HATE and who protest at soldiers' funerals? Why do they support a religion that, in the past, has killed millions of their own race?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Yeah, FACE PALM. haha that's pretty funny.

Muhammad Ali, convert to Islam, got locked up for REFUSING to go to war. LEGEND.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
You could just as easily ask Europeans/white people why they all belong to a Church that has historically dominated and oppressed millions.

Thats not the point of this thread. Two wrongs dont make a right. The point of this thread is to ask the question- Why would you follow a religion that has a history of genocide, as well as enslavement , towards your people, all while you complain about similiar treatment from another group (whites)?

Get it? I dont see how they justify it?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Christianity caused divisions, that's why you get separate black churches to whites.

In Islam you will see Blacks/Arabs/Asians/Whites all praying shoulder to shoulder in the same mosque.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Nana2

Originally posted by Nana2
Why do you support a religion who in rather large numbers in some countries DO kill, etc?, after that religion killed so many of your own people

Why do millions of white Christians support a religion whose members HATE and who protest at soldiers' funerals? Why do they support a religion that, in the past, has killed millions of their own race?

How many times do I have to say it? Those who do such things in the name of religion are not doing it because that religion TAUGHT it to them, they are off on their own religious tagent. Whereas islam TEACHES violence.

Now, I am not a christian, I dont follow any manmade religion. Just using it as an example.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
Christianity caused divisions, that's why you get separate black churches to whites.

In Islam you will see Blacks/Arabs/Asians/Whites all praying shoulder to shoulder in the same mosque.

ok fine, just as ridiculous that whites do it too. Since whites , although not in as large a number were also killed by muslims. THAT is not the point of this thread.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Liberals have brainwashed blacks to believe that Arabs are good and White Americans are bad. The reality of course, is that Arabs are some of the most racist people around and in some parts still practice slavery on Africans. Dont expect to read it in Huffington Post, New York Times or other vanguards of leftist propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join