It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Magazine Runs Cartoons That Mock Muhammad

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by shuar911
Your opinion is non-factual so therefore its completely retarded. Historians gather information through investigation with micro - analysis and you're response is what? No historical evidence of what you claim? lmfao. meh!

Respect your knowledge of the subject matter shaur, and your thoughts on the prophet Muhammad.

I don't think this is a question about the person's achievements, though. The simple question is, do you support violence in response to criticism of the prophet or religion?

If your answer is in the negative, then I support you and your opinions, thoughts and investigations. We're on the same side.

If your answer is 'yes' that you think violence is justified then you have my full attention and I very much want to know why. I'm listening and I genuinely want to know.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

Originally posted by DeadSnow
Great to see everyone here is on the same wave length, It's completely disgusting that they still continue to do this despite the reaction from Muslims all over the world. Sure this will and has to be the beginning of a war that at first will be branded religious, only later to be realized as WWIII.

I was also watching news yesterday and every suicide bomb that took place was labelled as a retaliation towards the west for insulting their religion. Quit funny considering this [SNIP] has been happening for [SNIP] 10 years now.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

Mosloms are hypocrits anyway.They indulge in every vice yet claim to be pure.

in pakistan their clerics rape little boys of poor parents in religious indoctrination schools called madrassas.

they claim homosexuality is forbidden yet their koran talks of little boys waiting to please plus the 72 virgins.

they are all hypocrites.

and they need to be outed.

i say more of their nasty peccadilloes need to be revealed daily to just show they are no better than anyone else.

they do the same in saudia arabia ,anther cesspot of hypocrisy and torture.

most of the sheiks go to america for prostitutes.and the men in saudia arabia put it up in each other's pooper as their are no women available.don't believe me? just google arab homosexuals for thousands of articles on this.

hypocrisy all around.

so more cartoons are needed.it is like a public service.

edit on 20-9-2012 by nobodysavedme because: anger.

Please tell me the church doesn't do the same, just go ahead and tell me little boys don't get rapped in churches throughout the USA. As for the 72 virgins and little boys?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

BUT

This doesn't change the fact that this will cause massive violence and civil unrest, and all because of the decision to print something that they KNEW would cause it!

I'm not saying that they shouldn't have printed it to placate anyone. I'm saying that the safety of others should be priority, over and above their desire for attention!

I'm afraid that in an attempt to view this matter over a longer period of time you've made a few mistakes.

First of all;

1- If good people say/do nothing, evil beats good.
2- Freedom of speech TRUMPS "safety of others", when the "safety of others" is not being jeopardized by what is being said. Does the paper assault the safety of others? Does it magically float in the air, roll itself up to beat someone over the head? NO! Who is, then responsible for the "safety of others" in a state with LAWS that trump religious insanity? The police...and you and I, the citizens. For me to riot BECAUSE someone used their freedom of speech in a secular country with a constitution and laws? That makes me the bad guy. There is no blame to put elsewhere, unless you suffer from cognitive dissonance.

I don't see you post about the "safety of others" in Islamic countries. Where heads are chopped off, thousands of journalists are jailed, women can't drive, apostasy is punishable by death and on, and on. Where is your outcry there?

Further, to suggest such a cartoon would be solely put in a paper to sell and get attention; you are sorely mistaken. Because by the looks of it, it is you who makes these paper thin arguments to apologize for actions that cannot be apologized over, jail time is required and in the case of immigrants rioting = trip back to the Islamic culture they love so much.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by shuar911

History will say , muhammad was the greatest man ever lived.

History says muhammad was a pedophile, a murderer, a savage, an idolator, a rapist, a thief, illiterate, a liar, and a dumb ass who got handed "Islam" and the "Quran" by the Vatican.

But let me guess; you don't live in a country with sharia law. So in turn, you're only an opinionated Muslim that voices his backward opinion(and no matter how much you try, the sources you posted are not in the least way scientific as they are glorifying stories - propaganda), because you are looking for a group to belong to. You don't even know what Islam is, but that doesn't stop you from pretending. Go on, dig yourself in deeper.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ClicheCalvicade

History says muhammad was a pedophile, a murderer, a savage, an idolator, a rapist, a thief, illiterate, a liar, and a dumb ass who got handed "Islam" and the "Quran" by the Vatican.

You mean, "history" according to the geniuses who write / believe ideas that the Vatican started Islam.

Carry on.

edit on 20-9-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

You mean, "history" according to the geniuses who write / believe ideas that the Vatican started Islam.

Carry on.

I don't think you are of any caliber to challenge the truth. Nor do I believe you actually know what Islamic culture entails and how corrupting and abusive it is. If you don't believe me, go interview little Muslim girls and boys, see how many of them are touched by their relatives. There's a reason I'll warn girls and women I come across and go out with about Islam. It is deceiving to the ultimate, with religious zealots shaving their beards for a few months to find a woman, then growing it back on, forcing the woman into hijab. Or having a child then taking the child to an Islamic country where women don't have rights.

In any and all cases, I believe, and you can bet money that this will be scientifically proven; Islamic zealotry stems from parental issues(and mommy issues at that). Simply put, they make terrible parents. Just imagine a strict Christian household times a hundred. Then come along imams who trick the terrible parents and the unbalanced kids into a oppressive and dogmatic religion that knows no equal in savagery in this day and age.

Basically, they're behind a couple of hundred years and those who wish to keep them there(that's those who defend strict Islam, are against ridicule of Islam and oppose anything critical of Islam - ie. measures that are needed to move forward - secularization, just as the case was with Christianity). Those who wish to keep their brothers and sisters in the dark and keep them dumb for their own personal gain(whether that be monetary or admiration and respect- "ooh he knows so much about the quran!" or "ooh he's such a good Muslim how he burns that American flag!"), well, I genuinely feel sad for them.

I couldn't imagine anything worse than wanting to do good for your brothers and sisters but in reality, harming them by closing their minds and filling their heads with religious dogma. Horrible way to live a life.
edit on 20-9-2012 by ClicheCalvicade because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2012 by ClicheCalvicade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I don't think you are of any caliber to challenge the truth.

A muslim or anybody else you disagree with can use the same line against you and what you believe in.

What you refer to as "truth" is comprised of your own perceptions/opinions about Islam... and of course, some silly ideas such as the one about the vatican starting Islam.

Nor do I believe you actually know what Islamic culture entails and how corrupting and abusive it is.

Please tell me... what religion do you follow? And how is it better than what muslims follow?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Upon reading the french article I too at first thought why add fuel to the fire but then it hit me...A lesson I learned from an ex boyfriend...when we were in a heated argument he once called me a C_NT...and I completely went postal on him, after I cooled off he told me that I needed to figure out real quick how to take the power out of that word, because if I didnt some day my violent reaction to just a word could land me in jail one day for assault charges...It really made sense and he was absolutely right...theres just no excuse for a person to get physically violent over words...I took the power out of the word by literally exposing myself to the trigger word by getting a gold fish and I named it C_NT...it sounds rediculous but it worked...I say bombard them with politically incorrect albiet humorous religous jokes until they lighten up...but who am I to say its worth the risk...just saying...take the power out of the words...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

If you are talking about the Catholic church, protestants aren't Catholic. Protestants were persecuted and killed just like Pagans. There is a reason we broke from the Catholic Religion and came to America ...

Please do not tell me Atheist do not rape children? Please do not tell me Agnostics rape children? Please do not tell me parents rape their children?
edit on 20-9-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Any form of hatred is not good in any direction and in any direction, hate brings hate and destruction so you have to adapt to the understanding of the culture and understand each attachment separately.

Self-respect is the respect that we give to others.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

A muslim or anybody else you disagree with can use the same line against you and what you believe in.

That's not correct. Not even in the furthest reaches are you even remotely correct. Do you think I don't speak to Muslims like this? Do you think I'm afraid in real life to speak as I do here? HELL NO. And, here's a secret: Most of them agree with me, but due to the social structure, they feel trapped. If they say anything critical(might be a question they've pondered for decades) they are alienated from the family and tossed aside. This happens in NON-muslim countries. In Muslim countries however, these human beings(for crying out loud, stop defending an ideology that turns people into NOTHING) are murdered by their intellectually challenged "brothers".

What you refer to as "truth" is comprised of your own perceptions/opinions about Islam... and of course, some silly ideas such as the one about the vatican starting Islam.

Are you okay? There are certain things that can be proven. These things are called truths. Otherwise known as facts. If you want to get intrinsically technical, semantic and philosophical, then yes, all facts are subjective to some degree. However, if you would care to open your eyes and see the suffering of your fellow human beings underneath a religion of oppression, you would not care about semantics or technicalities. After all, these are matters you have chosen not to lay your sights on.

Please tell me... what religion do you follow? And how is it better than what muslims follow?

This would be the trick question where if I say Christian you say: "BUT THEY DID THIS AND THAT 500 YEARS AGO!" or "THEY INVADED IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN"(this one is funny because Iraq and Afghanistan were not invaded because of religious ideology.)

Sadly for you, I'm not part of an organized religion. I'm part of the human race. And I'll stop there since I am not under the impression that you will be able to understand my beliefs, all you need to know is that I'm not enforcing it on anyone else and I won't get pissed off to the point of murder if anyone decides to draw a cartoon of what I may happen to believe.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Quoting this from someone on another forum.

'Problem, reaction, solution. Works every time.

The assault on religions will accomplish two goals: Eroding freedom of speech, and inciting the third world war

Its not just Islam that is being perverted with these idiot cartoons and low budget movies, but Christianity is also being assualted with hogwash stories about Jesus having a wife referencing some UN created fake artifact

The truth is that this all paving the way to the Albert Pike/Freemason/UN wet dream of a nuclear third world war that can be blamed on the religions. After WWIII, religions will be banned and a global soviet-style UN govt will be formed along with a demonic one world religion'

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

The assault on religions will accomplish two goals: Eroding freedom of speech, and inciting the third world war

Its not just Islam that is being perverted with these idiot cartoons and low budget movies, but Christianity is also being assualted with hogwash stories about Jesus having a wife referencing some UN created fake artifact

The truth is that this all paving the way to the Albert Pike/Freemason/UN wet dream of a nuclear third world war that can be blamed on the religions. After WWIII, religions will be banned and a global soviet-style UN govt will be formed along with a demonic one world religion'

I can't lie; I'll be glad the day religious dinosaurs such as yourself do not roam the Earth any longer.

"soviet-style UN govt demonic one world religion"

Right...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Marketing has never been easier. What a way to get Millions of website-hits.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClicheCalvicade

Originally posted by khimbar

I can't lie; I'll be glad the day religious dinosaurs such as yourself do not roam the Earth any longer.

"soviet-style UN govt demonic one world religion"

Right...

And I can't lie. Your reading and comprehension levels are weak, I'd guess about the level of a six year old, my evidence being you've gone straight for ad hominem attacks while apparently failing to read the very first line of my post.

My congratulations on such ignorance. Well done.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Are you okay? There are certain things that can be proven. These things are called truths. Otherwise known as facts. If you want to get intrinsically technical, semantic and philosophical, then yes, all facts are subjective to some degree.

Regarding your earlier statement about Islam being a creation of the vatican... thats no truth.
Instead, its a concoction by fundamentalists kooks who hate Islam and Catholicism.... who look for ways to club the two together, by claiming one was a product of the other.
Chick Tract #1
Chick Tract #2
Chick Tract #3

Even if you are not a christian, like you say... your knowledge on Islam appears to be from a sources similar to that chick tract. So that really doesn't say much about the rest of your post... which is obviously rooted in your own grudges against Islam.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This entire spiral of mudslinging hate, going back centuries, is what's going to sink us as a species. It sounds like a bunch of schoolyard bullies taunting each other while throwing rocks at anyone standing nearby.

It's sad.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronnypeppers
really lets poor some gas on the flames here this dosent smell right its like the intention of so many people is to start a war between the east and the west

That's why they're doing this.

We all know certain people want to start a bigger war with the muslim world. They're trying to get them to throw a punch so they can justify it.

It's obvious that this, and that movie that was recently released are deliberately designed to enrage muslims. It's not hard to work out the motive for it...
edit on 20/9/12 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Are you okay? There are certain things that can be proven. These things are called truths. Otherwise known as facts. If you want to get intrinsically technical, semantic and philosophical, then yes, all facts are subjective to some degree.

Regarding your earlier statement about Islam being a creation of the vatican... thats no truth.
Instead, its a concoction by fundamentalists kooks who hate Islam and Catholicism.... who look for ways to club the two together, by claiming one was a product of the other.
Chick Tract #1
Chick Tract #2
Chick Tract #3

Prove that it's not. The evidence claims otherwise. I don't care what certain websites(first time I've seen that website) do with knowledge that is widely available(except for in Islamic countries), it does not take away from the truth.

You say:
"Fundamentalists who hate Islam and Catholicism"
I couldn't disagree more. It is fundamentalists in both of those religions that fund and sponsor certain hateful groups, as is evident by the recent, ORGANIZED efforts of Muslims world wide(flags don't make themselves), to riot. I needn't get into the organized characteristic of the Vatican as it seems they invented organized crime.

Even if you are not a christian, like you say... your knowledge on Islam appears to be from a sources similar to that chick tract. So that really doesn't say much about the rest of your post... which is obviously rooted in your own grudges against Islam.

That's where you are wrong. "My"(it's not mine, you claim it to be to detract from its value) knowledge comes from study and careful observance. It comes from the mouth of the proverbial beast. Those who can't hear, won't. And those who don't wish to see, won't. As simple as that.

My grudge against Islam? Dear boy, answer my question as I seem to have answered plenty of yours:

Do you live in an Islamic country with sharia law? Were you born and raised with Islamic culture? Do you have any women in your family that were born and raised in and with Islamic culture?

My guess is, you absolutely have no clue about Islamic culture. Yet, here you are, claiming that I'm arguing with absence of proof or sources and here you are, without any experience with actual Islamic culture, implying that, what I shared, is purely a personal viewpoint and does not hold any truth at all.

That, dear boy, is called faulty argumentation. Once you have sorted yourself out, you can research all these things I've told you about and see if I'm making this up or if this is all based on personal conjecture.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

So you are in fact, posting for someone else? Is this person someone of international character? Is it someone important? Or is it just a random crazy internet user? What is it of value to us?

Because, if I don't see value, I would almost assume that you were sharing that piece of text to share it. If that was not your intention then I don't understand your defensive attitude.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join