French Magazine Runs Cartoons That Mock Muhammad

page: 11
15
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by ClicheCalvicade
I find these riots more offensive than a few lines and some colours on printing paper.


I find these riots a predictable, expected and desired result of provocation, as these cartoons and films are designed to de-stabilize national relationships with a cultural subset of the population and, by extension, entire countries (as we are seeing now). They serve no purpose other than to stoke the flames of hatred in the hope of starting outrage, if not outright war.

Hatred begets hatred.

edit on 20/9/12 by masqua because: sp


Exactly like you are doing now, people were trying to appease Nazi's.

You don't know anything about Islamic culture! And neither do you know anything about geopolitics because there's not going to be a war, just listen to yourself, war over a cartoon - and you're blaming the people that aren't being violent(don't bring semantics about how these cartoons are violence)! You don't happen to live in the exact same world as I do, only upside down?

Do you also tell raped women they shouldn't have dressed "provocatively" because you believe the person committing the violence is reasonable, seeing as he was provoked? That's backward, upside down and every kind of wrong. Just like blaming a satirical newspaper, it's their JOB to ridicule religion, what can't you people get? Did your parents stick bars of soap in your mouth for uttering mere words? It doesn't seem like those who want to appease the Muslims in the light of the riots, are clear of mind. As I said: Go live in a country with Islamic culture and sharia law, then come open up your big mouths.

People have been murdered over a flipping cartoon, how that fits in your guys worldview of 21st century Earth, is disturbing. Murderers murdering over a cartoon and you're blaming the cartoonist, as if these Islamists are dumb animals who can't think. They are calculative and oppurtunist and if you want to wave away the intrusion of Saudi Arabia and Iran into your head through certain conspiracy theories, be my guest, as they already seem to have planted that "Islam is not to be ridiculed" mantra in your head.

Let me reiterate again in case you missed the point; Your post is an affront to humanity and the free world. It is disgustingly ignorant of history and to me that ignorance of history signifies your post should not be taken serious as you're simply not intelligent enough to understand the many factors of today's complicated geopolitics. This rioting they do: it is organized all the way from the top to get sympathizers. It's as if these Muslims are begging for sympathy over a cartoon, and to give it to them after their show of ignorance and stupidity? Only dumb people.

Edit:

To clarify:

Your stance indicates that these Muslims have no independent or critical thought, and cannot control their actions as they are emotionally unfit for modern life and have anger management issues. Over here in the West, people like that go into asylums. They get fed pills. Their mental instabilities are not encouraged by people like you, but they are treated. Your argument, in case you did not notice, takes the ability to think away from these rioters, ie, to them, you would be insulting their intelligence -> and so their religion.
edit on 21-9-2012 by ClicheCalvicade because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
most of you are idiots

i hear comment like "good on them"..."walking on egg shells"

and the best one..freedom of speech

there is no news here...no public interest....just degrading mockery that is blasphemous...with no intent other than to fuel rage

if its freedom of speech, then i dare you to make an anti-semetic remark!.....or even praise hitler.
you cant because TPTB have neutered you and you dont have the balls to challange it.....but to offend billions of people and have our ambassodrs killed seems to be ok by you.

I CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE BACKING THIS DEMONIC JESTOR OVER RESPECTING SOMEONES FAITH
reminds me of the story of jesus and Barabbas...and the fanatical short sighted morons picked barabbas...

goes to show,, anyone backing this BS...is more fanatical and more dangerous than most

peace
edit on 21-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by thePharaoh


wow.....so respecting somones faith is now being interpreted as bullying.

how and why would they want to do this...entertainment????



Nope!!! Bullying is imposing your own believes to a crowd who think differently. Actually is not just bullying when instead of word of mouth and angry look, violence, weapons and fire are used to force an opinion.


hold on. how about endangering a minority?

and is it not bullying to mock someones beliefs???.....once again you get tied up in the symptom



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals


It's one thing to respect and learn from other cultures and another thing to alter your own to accommodate foreigners whether immigrants or not.

Either we stand for our values or lose them to socialist ideals such as "multi-culturalism" "pluralism" and "tolerance".


hilarious...absolutely ridiculous..

nearly every country in the middle east has had to accept OUR way of life...and is FORCED onto the people by our "allies"...THEY accepted more than you will ever be capable of accepting up there on your pedestal.

the word tolerance makes me laugh...your here condoning mocking them...then you have the nerve to use the term "tolerance".......i guess you lot are begining to believe your own deluded BS

out of touch...moronic and dangerous....but hey, thats our typical hypocracy for you
edit on 21-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I dont give a frakk about religion normaly
BUT, this is INSANE..
When in Rome...RIGHT?!?

If they wanna live in France they better obey FRENCH laws...

If they wanna live here(Sweden) they better obey SWEDISH laws...

PERIOD

My opinion.
I dont go to a islamistic country and imopse MY ways
or MY laws..I dont DEMAND them to be christians.
And Neither have THEY the right to demand ME to
obey THEIR laws or become a MUSLIM.

They DO however have the right to practice their religion
AS LONG AS IT DOESENT VIOLATE THE LAWS OF
THE NATION THEIR IN!!!!!!

BASTA



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by thePharaoh


wow.....so respecting somones faith is now being interpreted as bullying.

how and why would they want to do this...entertainment????



Nope!!! Bullying is imposing your own believes to a crowd who think differently. Actually is not just bullying when instead of word of mouth and angry look, violence, weapons and fire are used to force an opinion.


hold on. how about endangering a minority?

and is it not bullying to mock someones beliefs???.....once again you get tied up in the symptom


How do you endanger a minority with cartoons and B rated movie? Are you out of your mind? Is your prophet less of a prophet because someone made e cheep movie about him or some magazines made a satire about him? Is not my fault that the minority has a savage mentality and a brain of a cave man to riot over some stupidities. Look for the fault in your community, stop blaming west for every thing. and most of all STOP VICTIMIZING over everything. Nobody cares about islam. If you feel you're not being respected as such then there is an easy solution: Go back where you came from. PERIOD !!!
edit on 21-9-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

and the best one..freedom of speech

there is no news here...no public interest....just degrading mockery that is blasphemous...with no intent other than to fuel rage



Where does it say freedom of speech only applies to news or public interest issues again?



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by Asktheanimals


It's one thing to respect and learn from other cultures and another thing to alter your own to accommodate foreigners whether immigrants or not.

Either we stand for our values or lose them to socialist ideals such as "multi-culturalism" "pluralism" and "tolerance".


hilarious...absolutely ridiculous..

nearly every country in the middle east has had to accept OUR way of life...and is FORCED onto the people by our "allies"...THEY accepted more than you will ever be capable of accepting up there on your pedestal.

the word tolerance makes me laugh...your here condoning mocking them...then you have the nerve to use the term "tolerance".......i guess you lot are begining to believe your own deluded BS

out of touch...moronic and dangerous....but hey, thats our typical hypocracy for you
edit on 21-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)


Talk about hypocritical, a Westerner defending violent Islamic culture and claiming the people opposed to violent riots by religious zealots are "out of touch, moronic and dangerous", while I would wager money that you have never lived in Islamic culture with sharia law, let alone have family there you care about. Your argument is moot because you are using arguments written by some bleeding heart on the internet, your view is not rooted in reality.

The word tolerance should make you laugh. Imagine breaking a law in an Islamic country with sharia law like these rioters do in Western countries. See how TOLERANT they are of your ways in their own countries. But then again, you did not use relativism to put matters into perspective did you?



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest- Islam doesn't respect anyone else- so why have they earned it in return? Islam wants what it isn't willing to give to the rest of the world. I've read the Quran. It's plain as day what they believe- people just want to keep denying the truth. They want us to care that their religion is offended? Well, they can start by not offending anyone else's beliefs and culture.



posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ClicheCalvicade
 




Prove that it's not. The evidence claims otherwise. I don't care what certain websites(first time I've seen that website) do with knowledge that is widely available(except for in Islamic countries), it does not take away from the truth.


Even if you haven't seen that website before... your "evidence" leads to the same source used by the anti-Catholic christians behind those chick tracts. They too believe its the "truth" that the Vatican created Islam, but in reality its a bunch of concocted lies.

Its like claiming to have evidence of something absurd, like say the Queen of England actually being a shape shifting reptilian and the waving it around as "truth" and challenging people to prove that its not. Its quite sad really.



My grudge against Islam? Dear boy, answer my question as I seem to have answered plenty of yours:
Do you live in an Islamic country with sharia law? Were you born and raised with Islamic culture? Do you have any women in your family that were born and raised in and with Islamic culture?

The answer to all of your questions : No.

You seem to have a problem with muslims and how they live their lives according to their religious laws. Do you live in a place where muslims are forcing you to live under Shariah?




My guess is, you absolutely have no clue about Islamic culture.

Thats rich coming from someone who believes Islam was created by the Vatican.
If thats what you believe about Islam, then I simply cant take anything you say about Islam seriously.



posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClicheCalvicade
Talk about hypocritical, a Westerner defending violent Islamic culture and claiming the people opposed to violent riots by religious zealots are "out of touch, moronic and dangerous", while I would wager money that you have never lived in Islamic culture with sharia law, let alone have family there you care about.


talk about hysterical!!!

shariah law??? were talking here about mockery and incitement....end of

violent islamic culture??....hypocritical.........think about it
"sadam bin zawwahri" sticks his head out of a cave...all he sees is desert, marines and bombs.
when he goes back into his cave...he watches our movies....including this "new" one
then they read comments like yours

all im saying is......if you dont like religion...then leave it alone...why are you mocking them?



posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh
To be perfectly honest- Islam doesn't respect anyone else- so why have they earned it in return? Islam wants what it isn't willing to give to the rest of the world. I've read the Quran. It's plain as day what they believe- people just want to keep denying the truth. They want us to care that their religion is offended? Well, they can start by not offending anyone else's beliefs and culture.


erm..are you sure youve read the quran??

a main quote is " you have your relgion, and i have mine"
also they accept all prophets and accept the jewish and christian faith......as they are all incorporated in islam

its all perceptions.....seeing as you cant read arabic...what do you consider your perception to be classed as?



posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey


If they wanna live in France they better obey FRENCH laws...


My opinion.
I dont go to a islamistic country and imopse MY ways
or MY laws..I dont DEMAND them to be christians.
And Neither have THEY the right to demand ME to
obey THEIR laws or become a MUSLIM.

They DO however have the right to practice their religion
AS LONG AS IT DOESENT VIOLATE THE LAWS OF
THE NATION THEIR IN!!!!!!

BASTA


but laws change alot...didnt they just ban the burka.

french law...is democratic.....that means minorities can fall foul to the tyranny of the masses.

as we see here
peace



posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh


but laws change alot...didnt they just ban the burka.

french law...is democratic.....that means minorities can fall foul to the tyranny of the masses.



"They banned the burka" is sort of inaccurate.
There was already laws prohibiting the covering of ones face in public places.
This is for security reasons- we have people who steal and rob, but cannot be identified by eyewitnesses or security cameras because their face was hidden. It was stipulated that masks of any kind, hoods and helmets must be taken off in public and when engaging in any commerce or exchanges in public.

This law already existed! They just had to add face covering veils to that. Because many people were refusing to adhere to the law, claiming their right to practice their religion, and in particular, there was a problem with women who came to pick up their social security checks, but it couldn't be determined whether they were who they said they were! The same woman could come up many times in the same day and take the checks of others (and of course the person whose checks were stolen would blame the cashier).

So they didn't create a law against Muslims, they just made a point that Muslims living in France are under french law just like everyone else there.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
most of you are idiots

i hear comment like "good on them"..."walking on egg shells"

and the best one..freedom of speech

there is no news here...no public interest....just degrading mockery that is blasphemous...with no intent other than to fuel rage

if its freedom of speech, then i dare you to make an anti-semetic remark!.....or even praise hitler.
you cant because TPTB have neutered you and you dont have the balls to challange it.....but to offend billions of people and have our ambassodrs killed seems to be ok by you.

I CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE BACKING THIS DEMONIC JESTOR OVER RESPECTING SOMEONES FAITH
reminds me of the story of jesus and Barabbas...and the fanatical short sighted morons picked barabbas...

goes to show,, anyone backing this BS...is more fanatical and more dangerous than most

peace
edit on 21-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)



....

Yes. While the video is certainly stupid and immature, what is even more stupid and immature is the eruption of violence that has come as a result.

Your perspective is perfectly skewed.

You can call us all idiots as if you hold some sort of moral authority, but the fact is that - whether its stupid or not - in a free society people are going to do stupid things, and make stupid videos.

Does that excuse the orgy of death, violence and protesting that is happening because of it? hell no. Just because the video was a dumb move does not excuse what is happening on the other side of the world.

If this is going to be the reaction its just going to happen again and again and again, because now everybody knows that even a nobody can chide the muslim religion and elicit a massive and unwarranted response.

Nobody is defending the video itself... and the fact that you have failed to realize that is testament to your ignorance.



posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I must give them credit-

I had just assumed that the Muslims in France woudl take advantage of this opportunity to raise hell, and I wasn't the only one!
Maybe I am speakign too quickly, but so far there has been only peaceful protest, and not that much of it. My opinion of the Muslim population here just went up a notch- they might not be as easily manipulated as that.

Though I just got back from the grocery store, and it was really wierd- the place was jam packed with Muslim women? Like i have never seen. Made me wonder why.



posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos


How do you endanger a minority with cartoons and B rated movie? Are you out of your mind? Is your prophet less of a prophet because someone made e cheep movie about him or some magazines made a satire about him? Is not my fault that the minority has a savage mentality and a brain of a cave man to riot over some stupidities. Look for the fault in your community, stop blaming west for every thing. and most of all STOP VICTIMIZING over everything. Nobody cares about islam. If you feel you're not being respected as such then there is an easy solution: Go back where you came from. PERIOD !!!
edit on 21-9-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)


i feel to tear my hair out

in france they are a minority...in their own countries this is illegal.....

no victimizing here...its simple.....some people wake up in the morning hoping to leave the earth in a WORSE place by the time they go back to bed.

a religion...one where they pray 5 times a day....is very real to them....is being mocked by one person
under the guise of free speech and french law...when neither apply here.

its never been free speech to incite.....and its never been french law to protect agendas of private individuals.
especially one that is a drain to the resource...and doing nothing for the state...other than closing the embassys and schools around the world.

im sorry but some of you lot have the same fundamental ingredients to the SS...must be in your dna lolol

peace




edit on 22-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
I must give them credit-

I had just assumed that the Muslims in France woudl take advantage of this opportunity to raise hell, and I wasn't the only one!
Maybe I am speakign too quickly, but so far there has been only peaceful protest, and not that much of it. My opinion of the Muslim population here just went up a notch- they might not be as easily manipulated as that.

Though I just got back from the grocery store, and it was really wierd- the place was jam packed with Muslim women? Like i have never seen. Made me wonder why.


funny that....its propaganda that made you think anything else.

we are all human....

one word which will help all of us through life...respect

peace



posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CombatBoots

Does that excuse the orgy of death, violence and protesting that is happening because of it? hell no. Just because the video was a dumb move does not excuse what is happening on the other side of the world.

If this is going to be the reaction its just going to happen again and again and again, because now everybody knows that even a nobody can chide the muslim religion and elicit a massive and unwarranted response.

Nobody is defending the video itself... and the fact that you have failed to realize that is testament to your ignorance.


yes they are....i point you to the feedom of speech comments.

orgy of death??? dont you feel like a hypocrit saying that....i seen some bush and clinton warmongering speeches on youtube
or better yet...there are some kissenger remarks online.

the problem here is that people in that part of the world DONT and CANT differ between people, private firms and the government here in the US...and blame the flag for everything that happens on these shores....but thats our fault because we do the same to them.....one one fool acts up...we bomb the whole state....

but we here all fall victim to this, when we blame the gov for unemployment, when its private firms sacking people....

edit on 22-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
one word which will help all of us through life...respect


Respect may keep you from offending people, but a sense of humor will keep people from offending you.





top topics
 
15
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

log in

join