It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The HUGE majority of muslims didn't even left their homes to participate in any protests, even the

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The HUGE majority of Muslims didn't even left their homes to participate in any protests, even the peaceful ones.

If you don't know, there are almost 2 billion Muslims in the world.

I guess the rallies of the teachers of Chicago on strike had more people participating than 95% of the rallies against this movie in the Muslim world...

In Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia, a city with over 19 million people in the metro area, the protests against the movie reunited less than 900 people...

Just a reality check...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
You know what they also didn't do in any large numbers? They did not condemn the rape and murder of our ambassador to Libya. They did not speak out against the large number of attacks against the various embassies, not just ours but British, German, etc... Tacit complicity is still complicity.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
You know what they also didn't do in any large numbers? They did not condemn the rape and murder of our ambassador to Libya. They did not speak out against the large number of attacks against the various embassies, not just ours but British, German, etc... Tacit complicity is still complicity.

I wish I could give you a flag for this comment.

Evil prevails when good men fail to act.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The Libyan government condemned the attack against the embassy, and promissed to help in everything possible to find those reponsible.

The only "tacit complicity" is on your imagination.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Not necessarily true.
Most of them didn't do anything because well they are just people living their lives and maybe fear involvement.
I'm sure there were lots of people that didn't participate in whatever events took place to commemorate 9/11 for whatever reason but you would not say those people are with the terrorist right?
Many people there would gladly avoid this kind of conflict, and understandably so.
It somehow feels like in the cold war era when EVERY Russian was a "commie spy".
It's like America just needs to have enemies.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It will always be the minority that speak for a majority simply through shouting the loudest.

I am sure that the vast majority of moderate, normal Muslims find the attacks abhorrent. However, many will not speak out as they are well aware that the western opinion is already on the turn against them, perhaps they realise the futility of trying to apologise or convey sorrow at some of the tragic events when the underlying current is one of xenophobia towards them.

When an errant drone strike kills innocent civilians in Afghanistan or Pakistan, we may tut and say 'Oh that was a terrible shame', but we dont become indignant and demand justice for them. We are just as guilty of being a silent majority on the other side of the table.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

More reality check for you, in the Youtube videos bellow.

Fethullah Gülen (born 27 April 1941) is a Turkish author, educator, and Muslim scholar. Gülen has been described in the English-language media as "one of the world's most important Muslim figures".

en.wikipedia.org...

Fethullah Gulen strongly condemns US consulate attack, extends condolences:

Imam condemns Libyian violence:

American Muslims speak out against violent protests in Libya, Yemen:

Will you try to deny the videos now?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Some have actually but don't tell the MSM that, they're being paid to make it sound like all 2 Billion Muslims have gone fanatical extremist because of a YT vid.

ETA You know what WE haven't done in large numbers? Condemn the video. Anytime anyone tries to, fundies and Islamaphobes here go mental and spin it into an apology. We should not apologize for free speech but we sure as hell can use our own to say that the video was a disgusting tool to spread hate and deeply offend Muslims.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Some have actually but don't tell the MSM that, they're being paid to make it sound like all 2 Billion Muslims have gone fanatical extremist because of a YT vid.

EXACTLY!

Just see the Youtube videos I posted above, and how they have very little number of views, because the MSM is silent about those videos...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
OP- you missed one little part of the dif between the teachers strike and the "low numbers" of muslim protests. When teachers march, so far noone is killed or hurt.

It isnt about the NUMBERS, it is what those numbers DO< no matter how small.

So its ok if only 900 march and somebody is killed" After all, it was just a few people who marched, right?

Thats like saying one serial killer who killed 10 people is no worse than a serial killer who only killed 3.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
OP- you missed one little part of the dif between the teachers strike and the "low numbers" of muslim protests. When teachers march, so far noone is killed or hurt.

It isnt about the NUMBERS, it is what those numbers DO< no matter how small.

So its ok if only 900 march and somebody is killed" After all, it was just a few people who marched, right?

Thats like saying one serial killer who killed 10 people is no worse than a serial killer who only killed 3.

Next time 20 crazy Christian fundamentalist nuts from the KKK march on Alabama and kill a black man, should I blame the billions of Christians of the world for that?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

I was just getting ready to support you, and then you lost me with this statement.

And showed your true colors.

Next time 20 crazy Christian fundamentalist nuts from the KKK march on Alabama and kill a black man, should I blame the billions of Christians of the world for that?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Their Clerics in their mosques are stirring the pot. They should deal with them for inciting riots. Inciting a riot is illegal in the America, it should be illegal everywhere.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by GLontra

I was just getting ready to support you, and then you lost me with this statement.

EXACTLY! Maybe some muslims didnt protest or kill, but they still support a religion that does! Their own "bible" says its their duty to kill anyone who are non-beleivers. The bible (at least the new testament which most christians follow) doesnt advocate KILLING people who dont beleive like they do.

If some choose to kill in the name of christianity, then that is their OWN belief system, NOT what christianity teaches. The middle age crusades come to mind. Whereas Muslims have it as one of their core teachings.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

If we are to apply that logic then it certainly applies to the maker of the video doesn't it as well as the political pundits in the West. If this madness is ever going to stop we need to stop being hypocritical. We can't condemn 'their' extremism with extremism of our own.

This never should have happened. People should not fall prey so easily to 'Us vs Them'. The video was in poor taste but it never should have caused anyone to feel murderous and in turn we shouldn't be ready to turn the dessert into glass. There is a justice system on both sides, murder is illegal on both sides... those that broke the law should pay for what they did, not the entire religion and culture.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by GLontra

Really?

Which colors?

I really want to know. Because I really don't know what my "agenda" is...

That the KKK is a Christian fundamentalist organization, there is ZERO doubt.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

ETA You know what WE haven't done in large numbers? Condemn the video. Anytime anyone tries to, fundies and Islamaphobes here go mental and spin it into an apology. We should not apologize for free speech but we sure as hell can use our own to say that the video was a disgusting tool to spread hate and deeply offend Muslims.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

Nah! I think it was more of one more American voicing his frustration over the situation. One little podunk guy has a mission to enflame muslims?

new topics

top topics

join