It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More fake gold discovered, this time in Manhattan.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by abeverage

So....an overused meme is the best you can do by way of consideration of my question? Really?
Yeah, I believe that. It's what passes for "thought" these days.

Ok fine...Yes it was silly...So you want some thoughts? All right then I will play along…Gold is preciousssssss!

This is rough and just winging some thoughts.
You are absolutely right why Gold? Well let’s dwell on that for a moment. Gold is used now in electronics because it doesn’t corrode, ok so but really is worth that much?

What do you think they need with all that Gold?

Utah just passed legislature last year to pay taxes with gold or silver, why? TAXES lol you will pay less paying them with precious metals and you can take a deduction! LOL…but why? And why now?

What would you suggest we use?

What if all of this is again another ploy? Another dodge and shuffle without really knowing the end game?
edit on 19-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is probably just a cheap attempt to sway the general public away from purchasing any gold...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RABiam

True. we are our own worst enemy.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RABiam

Originally posted by wiser3
Actually "The love of money is the root of all evil"

I would still have to leave out the word 'all'. I like the compromise of an emotion and money creating evil, because it shows places blame in the right spots. It just doesn't explain pure evil acts.

Lets go deeper still. Fear is the root of all evil. If you dont have money you've been taught to fear the repercussions. In reality, before there was money we did just fine surviving. Right?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This is the reason i buy silver - not worth counterfeiting silver at this point. Heard alot of the counterfeit bars & coins are coming out of the Far East/China.

edit on 19-9-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
So, is it plausible that Gold will skyrocket in price even more considering all the fakes out there?? The price of Gold has in some part to do with the amount of Gold available, which last time I heard basically 90% of it has been found, melted, and in circulation.

I would think that if everyone starts checking there stock and notices that maybe 15-30% are fake than Gold could go up a great deal. Lucky for those that have the real stuff.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I wonder if you could use an ultrasonic transducer to quickly and non-destructively test all the gold bars.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Blame it on the Rothschilds. Who else has the ability to pull this off? Who else has the motivation? Who has the resources, the motivation, and the expertise?

Who already owns and controls the world's gold?

Who puts it past them to do this?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Gold does not corode easily. It is virtually non reactive.This fact allied to the fact that it is relatively rare and for the most part accounted for, make it ideal for a monetary standard.As far as we know it is not possible to synthesize gold, which increases it's suitability as a standard.

It is also used in most computers and cellphones.

Its brilliance and ornate value is trivial and very much in the eye of the beholder. It's practical uses are undeniable though.

As for stones, well you can find stones anywhere, and every one is unique so having fixed denominations would be impossible unless you were to homogenize a certain type of stone. Also, stone can be created easily enough.
An currency based on something like stones would collapse an economy in record time.

For something to be used as a currency base, it should be durable,divisible,corrosion resistant,uniform in weight, inimitable and relatively rare and difficult to obtain. Gold ticks all these boxes.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
When I was a young boy you could by a gallon of gas for ten cents. If you have a silver dime from those days, the silver is worth eough tobuy a galon of gas. A paper-based currency can be manipulated simply by printing more of it. A gold-backed currency cannot be manipulated. Unless you can make more gold...which is essentially what is happening here.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Close but the root of all evil is money.

Sorry, the root of all evil is evil.
Evil that men think and evil that men do.
Thats evil.

The most evil? Is the evil that pretends to be good.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
There's no way to "hollow out" the bars and fill them with steel. That gold was pressed around the steel when the bar was fabricated. Any other explanation is just foolish. Tungsten melts at more that 6000 degrees F. Gold melts at just under 2000 degrees F. Not even the reporting on this is accurate.

Actually the two types of bars are easily produced by anyone with a torch and mold. Start with a standard ingot mold for the size bar you want to replicate. Pour a thin layer of gold in the bottom and let it cool. Set the tungsten core in the center of the mold and heat it. Just before the gold in the bottom melts pour more gold to fill the mold. Let it cool. Stamping the bars would be easy for any one serious enough to attempt this. There are a bunch of refineries and smelters.

The "drill rod" gold bars are genuine refined gold bars to begin with. Simply drill out one end and insert tungsten drill blanks. Then some of the drilled gold is used to sweat over the end of the bar to make it look "smelted".

Making the bars appear smelted is the key as simply folding and hammering gold sheet around a tungsten core would indicate tool marks. Dead giveaway.

These bars are good fakes but will only pass a percursory examination. Probably designed to be hidden in large shipments of gold. Not all the bars are tested, just a random sample. That will change now. The price of gold makes this worth it.

Gold bars from now on should be formed with thru hole and or ridges around the outside like US gold and silver coins. That would make it harder to fabricate and sneak by the inspectors.

Gold is still a good investment but buy in small quantities in small sizes from the producer (source). You might need it some day. In small amounts.

I prefer US pre '64 "junk silver" coins. Everyone recognizes those. If the shlt flies what are you going to do? Buy a head of lettuce for 40,000 dollars cash or one silver quarter?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RABiam

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard

Close but the root of all evil is money

agree to disagree lol
Maybe its neither, maybe we just dont want to blame ourselves. Man is the root of all evil. Man is the root of all good.

There is an expression that guns dont kill people, people kill people. Its all how we use the tool, whether for good or evil. Man is what turned money evil, but we also invented charity, so we use it for good as well.

If money is the root of all evil, then how do we explain the evil inside serial killers, most don't kill for money. How do we explain kids torturing animals, when money is not at stake. If it is the root of all evil, then evil can not exist anywhere without money. so we are left with,

Money is one of the roots of evil....but what are the others? Money can't take all the blame!

Exactly...

Evil existed LONG before money did...Greed is defined as the love of money, and is simply another tool that evil uses to control, devide and conquer.
Not to mention, the pursuit of money takes away from ALL of the truly important things in life.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RABiam

The Love of money is the root of all evil. Not the money itself. People have been faking money since the earliest days of Egypt...they were desperate to find ways to make things LOOK like gold, so they could pawn it off on unsuspecting rubes. They were smart, developing gold plate, gold sheathing, gold paint, etc. Of course being hyper religious fools, they also buried most of the real gold, which was then stolen by grave robbers and sold back to the Royals...It was not so easy to fake a goat skin or a sheaf of wheat...but gold. Man you have to ALWAYS be careful. I sold a bunch of old gold jewelry several months ago and a good half of it was totally bogus. As were some of the gems...diamonds? Dime a dozen "chips" with inclusions, fractures discoloration...plus the diamond market is a big fake. There's so many diamond we could all be literally wearing suits made out of them. But they keep telling us they are precious! And rare! What's rare is any large "perfect" colored or clear diamond. The one's you get at Zales, etc. Are worthless. And so it goes.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
So why doesn't this guy just give them back to the guy he bought them off of and then that person does the same all the way back to point A? They had to originate from somewhere.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

The Annauki are coming back for the gold that rightly belongs to them they put us here to mine it for them now they are on their way to collect, not long now hey until we find out if this is the case!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by blah yada

And the funny thing is that I still don't see the innate value. It's like any other thing on Earth: It's here, it has its uses, but it's not "all that". It's just another metal, just another ore to be used for making stuff. To assign it such high value - like all the other things we value so highly, like diamonds and oil, for example - is really disproportionate, in my world view. I see a lot more value in a fruit tree than I do an ounce of gold. I'll take the tree any day of the week.

I like my world view a lot better than that of this awkward civilization.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Look at it like this....
If you have the means, access and backing, you decide that you can purchase ALL of certain world commodity. like gold.
You start by buying everything you can get your hands on. You drive up the price. You cause false flags, and other situations that create the necessary market fluctuations. You sell some back to the public. Fix things that aren't broken. Create false hopes. The price falls. You buy up everything else that you can find. You go into people's homes with advertisements on TV. You hire "experts" to acquire ALL that they can. People are selling left and right, to "cash-in" before the price falls again. All of that gold, or other commodity, flows up through the network to the person or people that started the whole thing.
Repeat until you hold a vast majority of the merchandise. Now you can manipulate the price even higher by getting China to build every electronic product conceivable. They purchase even more for their manufacturing needs.
The price soars! Now you have most of the Gold available throughout the world, but your greed is insatiable!
So you make fake gold and sell it to any and all buyers.
What the heck, right?
Everyone thinks the world is going to end, anyway. The collective conscious will ensure it, whether there is a true threat coming, or not.
Take your obscene wealth and prepare for whatever may come! Bunkers, underground cities bored into the bedrock of the Rocky mountains, and do it under an airport, so you can get to it fast! Make it complete with air filtration and hydroponics. Stored with seeds and weapons and ammunition. Hire a private army. Pay off all the elected officials who helped you do it all, and keep it quiet. Create laws to silence the ones that did find out about it, and weren't silent.
Now, sit back and dare Man, or Mother Nature to give you the worst they've got.
What do you care? You'll be safe in your private underground world, while the masses kill each other or get destroyed with the rest of the planet.
And when it all subsides, you'll have the basis to start over and rebuild your new world, YOUR way...
...and the 1% live happily ever after.

The End....
edit on 9/21/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: I can...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Double double post post...
edit on 9/21/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: That^^^^^^^^^^^

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo007
I wouldn't be surprised if all the gold in Fort Knox is the same way. Nothing we can do about it and the people who did it wouldn't see a day behind bars.

But could you trust those bars were not aluminium covered chocolate

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join