It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who thinks that a Grapes of Wrath remake could be good?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
First off, yes I know it's a classic, and yes I know it's one of the best, if not the best movie ever made. However, there were a lot of censorship problems in 1940 that would not be an issue nowadays. I don't think they should go for a big name cast though, I think it should be a cast of relative unknowns but I cannot think of anyone who would be good in it, aside from maybe Kathy bates as Ma Joad. I would love to play Tom in this movie, as I would base the character off of my own Grandfather who lived the western migration and always said that he felt that movie was based on his life. Anyway, What do you guys think?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

A remake would be interesting if cast right and the project given to the right screenwriter/production team/director.

Filling the shoes of either John Ford or Henry Fonda though....

Maybe Malkovich could pull it off....

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

I think it's a great idea!

I haven't gone to a theater to watch a movie in several years, but I would definitely stand in line for a Grapes of Wrath remake.

Also, I'm with Heff on maybe Malkovich doing it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I don't really think Malkovitch, though he is a great actor, could really play the role of Tom Joad and be believable. Plus we have to remember that Tom is only about 25, so you'd have to find someone in that age range to play him.

new topics

top topics

join