It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First ever Etruscan pyramids have been found in Italy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I am very curious about what this finding might reveal and the story behind, i actually didn't know what an Etruscan pyramide looks like, i also don't know much about the Etruscans, so nice to find something new and imo very interesting.

There isn't many pic's from this find, so googled some from other finds to put in, but here is the original story.

Source

The first ever Etruscan pyramids have been located underneath a wine cellar in the city of Orvieto in central Italy, according to a team of U.S. and Italian archaeologists.

As they started digging, George and co-director of the excavation Claudio Bizzarri of the Parco Archeologico Ambientale dell'Orvietano noted that the cave's walls were tapered up in a pyramidal fashion. Intriguingly, a series of tunnels, again of Etruscan construction, ran underneath the wine cellar hinting to the possibility of deeper undiscovered structures below.

According to George, the underground pyramids could represent some sort of a religious structure or a tomb. In both cases, it would be a discovery without precedent.

Some pictures and story from another find.

Source

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Here is a link from yesterday about the Etruscan Pyramids.......

news.discovery.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Fascinating to think of discovering a pyramid, or any structure, from a long lost civilization on your property.

Here is some info. on the Estrucians:

Scholars think that the Etruscans were a seafaring people from Asia Minor. As early as 1000 BC they were living in Italy in an area that was roughly equivalent to modern Tuscany, from the Tiber River north almost to the Arno River. Later their rule embraced a large part of western Italy, including Rome. When the Tarquin Dynasty was expelled from Rome about 500 BC, Lars Porsena, king of Etruria and Clusium, sought to reestablish his influence over Rome.

The rest of the article is very interesting, especially the section under Archeological Evidence.

history-world.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm leaning toward "unconvinced", particularly when someone says that the long channel is a "blood groove." The stairs are bright and fresh-carved looking, and it appears that someone is attempting to carve out the pyramid from a single block of stone (looking at that channel... it's carved into a single slab of rock and is not constructed.)

The original article says "series of stairs under a wine cellar", but those stairs would have been made of individual blocks of stone. This appears to be one lump of rock.

I'd like more evidence that this isn't another "Bosnian pyramid" where someone is carving a mountain to fit their idea that their land had pyramids.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Very cool find Mianeye
snf

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

The actual article notes that the discovery is underground so don't quite understand the context of the image. Its an interesting aspect of the Etruscans. Where it is actually a pyramid a just an altar we will see...

Link to the same story but not part of an ultranationalist blog

An aside.....

The source you link to is that of a Turkish ultranationalist who finds 'Turks' and 'Turanians' everwhere.

An amusing quote from the page where he thinks that not only were the Etruscans Turanians but also, surprize

The Great Pyramid, the one at the left in the above picture, was made for the great PERU (“Pharaoh) KHUFU of ancient Masar (Misir) and it is also known as the Pyramid of CHEOPS (KHEOPS). The names KHUFU and the so-called Greek name KHEOPS are linguistically very important proofs that the great PERU (“Pharaoh) KHUFU was a Turkish speaking Turanian and the above shown pyramids were Turanian pyramids.

Those interested in Etruscan architecture and altars can look here

Etruscan architecture
edit on 19/9/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Haha! I was just going to start a thread on this because I thought it was such a fascinating find.

But I did a search. So my flag and star goes to you.

This is incredible. People don't seem to understand that the Earth works in layers. If you want to find the really ancient stuff, you have to dig.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

That works almost all of the time but sometime mother nature and even mankind is clever and its on top, ie on rare occassions old stuff can be atop newer stuff

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

This is what I find fascinating ancient structures telling us we have always been pretty clever. And over vast distances of time. How far back does it really go?

I can just see today's engineers saying, "Oh this stone is so heavy.", And for how long did they use these sturdy structures? May be overkill.

Any way, fascinating.

This time it'll be different for sure. Don't you think?

edit on 21-9-2012 by okyouwin because: grammer

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

The Great Pyramid, the one at the left in the above picture, was made for the great PERU (“Pharaoh) KHUFU of ancient Masar (Misir) and it is also known as the Pyramid of CHEOPS (KHEOPS). The names KHUFU and the so-called Greek name KHEOPS are linguistically very important proofs that the great PERU (“Pharaoh) KHUFU was a Turkish speaking Turanian and the above shown pyramids were Turanian pyramids.

From the second link.

Have some laughs!!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Yep ultra-nationalism at work!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
A further look at articles shows that what they're talking about is a "pyramid shaped underground structure" and it seems to be fairly small (smaller than a picnic table in size.) Saw pics on another board.

top topics

join