It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Citizens need for WW3

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SymbolicLogic

ok - i will bite , a few questions if i may ? :

1 - how will i know when to don my first " biologicsal suit / gas mask " ?

2 - having suited up - what now ?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

ok - i will bite , a few questions if i may ? :

1 - how will i know when to don my first " biologicsal suit / gas mask " ?

2 - having suited up - what now ?

1 - Unfortunately, you will never "know" when to don one. By the time you realize it was needed, it's too late. Having one is only a psychological thing. It actually offers no real safety.

2 - If you have managed to put one on and others around you are falling to pieces (so to speak), then you have roughly 24 hours to get as far away from that area as you can. No water intake, no bathroom break, no air conditioning. If you can survive the heat stroke and self contained dehydrating effects of the suit, and have gone as far away as you could from your original spot without opening it for any reason, take it off and throw it away. If you're in a safe zone, congrats. If you're not, it's of no use anymore as it's now contaminated. Try not to touch it as you take it off. Burn if you have no solvents to clean it with in order to use the suit materials for outdoor survival.

Bio-suits were never meant for walks on the moon (long term excursions), and will not help you typically by the time you realize it's needed. Still... I do recommend purchasing one if it will give you peace of mind or a sense of security.
edit on 20-9-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

oh dear - someone answered the rhetorical questions
have a star

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethetruth

Me i have my army issue nbc suit nuclear biological and chemical, but im not doing any survival crap if nuclear war kicks off your going to wish you was dead the amount of suffering you will be going through ,
apart from all the diseases there is a good chance of a nuclear winter but bigger than the last ice age and i hate the cold , just not for me that

Unless you still have one in the bag it is worthless...

Second - they only last for a while in a high rad environment before they become saturated and would need to be changed out.

Not trying to sharp shoot you I just don't want peeps to think that if they run down the surplus store and buy a used chem suit they are all set.

I see them from time to time at the local outfit trying to pass them off as SHTF protection. I busted the owner out and he removed the sign saying he didn't know much about them.

Regarding a Nuclear exchange of epic proportions - I am screwed all I need are a bottle of Percocet and a bottle of 12 year old scotch to check out.

I live in the county right above the word "city" in Kansas City on this map. Those strikes are on all the missle silos in the area. This is for an all our exchange with Russia and China BTW.

The website is on the pic for those interested in seeing thier own targeting package.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

if you had read the posts you would know we have already said what you are saying ,,
and a second hand army issue nbc suit will still work as long as it has not been wet in any way ,,
edit on 21-9-2012 by seethetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex We spent more time in the field than the Grunts and a lot of that in MOPP 4. Definately a miserable time in my life.

Reasons for joining SF..

1)

2) No MOPP 4 BS - yea we had it did we ever have to screw with it - no! I think I used my pro mask once in 17 years for CQB course training with CS.

3) Helmets - always optional!

Let me say this though when I had to Command my Military Intelligence Company my NBC NCO was the smartest MOFO in the unit (I used him as my driver mostly and he kept me out of a lot of trouble supply wise.) and that is one full of supposedly the top 10% of the GT score curve.

For "smart" Soldiers they lacked a certain amount of common sense - MI a company of "special kids" too smart to get the regular world.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Golf66

if you had read the posts you would know we have already said what you are saying ,,
and a second hand army issue nbc suit will still work as long as it has not been wet in any way ,,
edit on 21-9-2012 by seethetruth because: (no reason given)

Any used suit you buy from DRMO (not in the original bag) has been machine washed and is therefore useless.

TDawg was an NBC guru - what say you? In Desert Storm we ran into and almost fired up some Czech NBC guys in vehicles we didn't immediately recognize. Lucky for them they followed the VS panel rule or they'd have had a volley of LAWs up their ass. Dunno if they'd take out the recon vehicle (I imagine it was light armor) they had but its all we carried for our mission at the time.

I am no NBC expert; quite the contrary - I understood they lose their effectiveness over time even if they haven’t gotten "wet".

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

the British army issue nbc suit has a charcoal core in the materiel so as long as it has not been wet in any way it will still be good ,,
With me been British army i know all about the American army not recognising allied forces , even after putting a huge union jack flag on the lead vehicle of a convoy the us air force still opened fire killing British troops dooh ,

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

With me been British army i know all about the American army not recognising allied forces , even after putting a huge union jack flag on the lead vehicle of a convoy the us air force still opened fire killing British troops dooh ,

Wow - there is no reason for attacking American’s in general here because I happen to have heard some different information on how NBC suits work. Actually I found the entire British Army and Military in general to be professional and well trained during my 6 month exchange there at Chicksands. The people of Bedford were pleasant and the countryside was charming.

Seriously though, I have trained with the Blokes in Regiment and they are some of the best Soldiers in the world IMO.

Cheers Mate!

Now regarding freindly fire...

Friendly fire happens in combat – glass houses and stones and all that.

It appears you guys shoot at each other enough to not need to point fingers at the US. Here are some of the more recent incidents; the list contains several pages worth of friendly fire incidents from all nations - these are some of my favorites for your review.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge.

During a raid on 16 July 2006 to apprehend a key terrorist leader and accomplice in a suburb of North Basra, Cpl John Cosby, of the Devonshire and Dorset Regiment, was killed by a 5.56 mm round from a British-issued SA80. It was ruled to be a case of friendly fire by the coroner. It was reported that the British forces who shot him were unclear about the rules of engagement.

Fusilier Kelan Turrington, of the 1st Battalion, Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, was killed by machine-gun fire from a British tank

British Royal Marine Christopher Maddison was killed when his river patrol boat was hit by missiles after being wrongly identified as an enemy vessel approaching a Royal Engineers checkpoint on the Al-Faw Peninsula, Iraq.

Sgt Steven Roberts, a tank commander of the 2nd Royal Tank Regiment, was accidentally shot and killed by a fellow British soldier during the incident at a roadblock at Az Zubayr near Basra on 24 March 2003.[103] It was reported that no British soldiers were to be charged for his death.

A British Challenger 2 tank came under fire from another British tank in a nighttime firefight. The turret was blown off and two of the crewmembers were killed.

A British Military Police officer was shot dead by a fellow British soldier while on patrol. It was reported that no charges are to be brought against a British army sniper who killed a British Military Policeman because he was allowed to open fire if he believed that his life was in danger.

British soldiers in operations in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, fired Javelin anti-tank missiles at Danish soldiers from the Royal Life Guards, killing two. It is also confirmed from Danish forces that the British fired a total of 6-8 Javelin missiles, over a 1½ hour period and only after the attack was completed did they realize that the missiles were British, based upon the fragments found after the incident.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Wow - there is no reason for attacking American’s in general here because I happen to have heard some different information on how NBC suits work.

who was attacking Americans in general ? i get the feeling you don't read posts properly before replying

and it was you who was talking about not recognising allies first

TDawg was an NBC guru - what say you? In Desert Storm we ran into and almost fired up some Czech NBC guys in vehicles we didn't immediately recognize. Lucky for them they followed the VS panel rule or they'd have had a volley of LAWs up their ass. Dunno if they'd take out the recon vehicle (I imagine it was light armor) they had but its all we carried for our mission at the time.
edit on 22-9-2012 by seethetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I think Tesla force rays will be the thing.
Any gas or biological agent and be destroyed.
By force of vibration you understand.
People are working on the hand sized generator that can power a house like
Tesla had. So anything is possible.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

I think Tesla force rays will be the thing.
Any gas or biological agent and be destroyed.
By force of vibration you understand.
People are working on the hand sized generator that can power a house like
Tesla had. So anything is possible.

By tesla force rays, you mean what precisely? I disagree but maybe only in terminology.
The only thing I know (or at least have current restricted professional knowledge) of, is the work being done right now using a laser to rip a hole through the air (and particles within) allowing a flow, and vacuum, of energy to travel through it. When an airborne array or satellite then uses a parabolic dish with rods and a simple particle accelerator, the flow can then be directed down or across, raining down "lightning" in the appropriate conditions with no wake or evidence of origin. I have the base working knowledge of this system and apparatus already (and design notes for it even) but I certainly would not call it a "tesla" gun. It's many systems combined. "Tesla guns" are wild, frenetical things that do little to no harm except in an immediate area if at all. Anyway, I hope saying this is common knowledge or at least obvious to some, I certainly don't need any trouble right now.

Now vibrational systems.. I mentioned this in a different thread but, over in Cali they had run some nice experiments (and let the locals know, mind you) regarding the testing of creating pseudo-earthquakes.. but other than levitating purposes used in medical studies and the like, it's a science mostly of the unknown. I'd love to see specs on something like that though. I imagine a system able to determine the volume/mass/density would be used to find the correct "tune" in order to take down a target. But there'd need to be a database available if it was ever to be used on enemy vehicles. Subsonic sound out of our hearing range can (and has) been used in the past to make people sick or worse, but I've never personally seen any work with that to this day. Not to say it doesn't exist, I suppose. Was hoped to be used in Nazi germany but the range was limited.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I was thinking of a Taser that seems to have elements of the circuitry of what
Tesla worked with modified to make the Tesla force wave gun.

There would be a battery. A coil. Perhaps a capacitor and perhaps no spark gap
in a Taser because they just use the high frequency electricity. However a quick
way to high voltage is the spark gap. The Taser circuitry I am not aware of and
most published ideas use capacitors which I think is a deliberate avoidance of the
coil which can build up voltage quite nicely. Computer clocks using crystal
for high oscillations may not give the adequate power level.

Well I would modify the Taser into a gun for Tesla force ray. As Tesla announced in
1940 he produced force I assume by way of waves. So vibration waves should kill
off bugs and bacterial under certain vibration levels and sterilized an area.

Depending on powers and size the force gun perhaps can disable people and
machinery by vibration. I am talking physical vibration, Tesla's favorite, some how
derived from electrical vibrations and not EM waves.

There is a mystique in the buildup of static and the resultant audible sound wave
at times which has given rise to the inaudible sound waves that go at the speed
of light. This inaudible sound wave somehow projecting force seems to be the
WW3 all purpose weapon of choice yet not realizable only a projection of existing,
Taser, and questionable, Tesla, ideas.

ED: There was a movie "Conspiracy Theory" saying the heart attack was a method
of killing off people. I think we might have seen listings on the net of people in
science or some endeavor being killed perhaps by heart attack as something
untraceable or devoid of suspicion. A vibration shock might be a source yet
Tesla worked with these waves and lived a long time. He placed his head in
one wire loop and survived yet probably reminisced he would never do it again.

edit on 9/23/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join