It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Americans please step in...state your opinions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Lest anyone forget:

Originally posted by Aelita
The reasons why non-Americans disagree with Bush are all stated in previous posts. I also would venture to say that non-Americans have more diverse sources of information, and a broader perspective on the world events.

This media exposure problem is something I encountered while
researching another issue (Michael Badnarik's media blackout).

It is not just that American media do not expose the issues inclusive of non-American perspectives,
they appear to go to great length to paint the issues inside Republican-Democrat guidelines.
At present, those guidelines are set to induce more support for more war.

And, to underscore Aelita's observation,
most Americans cannot be bothered to read stuff from outside the border.
The closest they get is BBC - Anything else gets tainted as exotic.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Is this correct? Please indicate where your from and make sure your stance is clear, otherwise it's sometimes tough to judge whether you're American, and if you do/don't agree with the current US Administrative decisions.

41 - Don't like/against Bush policies
1 - Likes Bush because he thinks he'll ruin our economy
1 - Thinks he's just plain funny
4 - Think Bush is fine

I added seven. If you believe I've added you in error, please let me know. Regardless of one or two point marginal error, it's still pretty damn clear how non-Americans feel about this.

[edit] My own comments removed, since they may be considered biased.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by Damned]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Watch it Damned. That could be seen as baiting by some. If you want them to leave your thread alone, don't call them out. Works both ways.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Sorry, I'll try to refrain from stating my own opinions. It's difficult, since I tend to agree with most of what's said by the outsiders. I do identify with most, even though I am an American. I see where they're coming from.

radiant_obsidian,

Has "Bush's Resume" been posted here in it's own thread for discussion? I'd like to see the reactions to that.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by Damned]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopdopey
To answer that i personally see the US as the invaders in this recent conflict, which is tarnishing they're history with Europe that was created during WW2...

What are you going to do next, that is the big question, Korea? If you do it wont help the situation. The first major hurdle is giving the public better, non biased, more internationally based media articles on Television as it's the major porthole for a lot of citizens, and at the moment, it's a bit one sided and internally focused.

That's what i think anyways.

Bush is a bit like HItler (i don't wanna shock you) but that's what it is!!! He kills innocent lives for nothing (money, gas) and his american fans are totaly in admiration for him and beleive all he says!!! But remember it's NOT ONLY BUSH, it's the whole republican parti

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
How ya going fellas. I posted a couple of days ago. Now Bush maybe a great bloke to have a beer with after work, go riding around on the chook chasers on the weekend, probably have a fine old time. But he told us Saddam had WMD,s. He stuck his face on the Sony flatron and said Saddam had his finger in 911. He said bugger the U.N. I,m going in. Crap wasn,t it. All bad intell or possibly straight out pork pies. Well from my end i disagreed at the start. This would affect the world and should be agreed upon. He didn,t listen to me. Doesn,t matter he couldn,t hear me. I live in an outback town with about 30,000 people. I pay $1.10 per litre and it keeps going up. That affects food, everything. We truck it all in. This affects my family. I have a wife and 5 kids. This whole terrorist, better watch your neighbour case he goes down the shed too much, has got way out of hand. I don,t agree with the way he is dealing with the middle east, and it is causing me grief. I,m not against the U.S. just the Bush and Cheney way of doing business. By the way, did you see the bulge in back of jacket. Heart monitor ? Small curl left corner of mouth. Minor Stroke ? Hmmm.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Bump

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I have finally gotten to your u2u;
Yes I will help stop the disruption in this thread from getting any worse than it was when I found it. Unfortunetly it was on page 7 so...not sure if my timing was efficent.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join