It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More tungsten in gold bars - Physical gold scam done to jewelry stores

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

The individual 10 ounce bars would normally be worth around $18,000 each. But bars filled with tungsten, which weighs about the same amount as gold, carry a new value of around $3,600.
"What makes so devious is a real gold bar is purchased with the serial numbers and papers, then it is hollowed out, the gold is sold, the tungsten is put in, then the bar is closed up," reports Chang.

See video on story link above.

All you 'buy physical gold' fans, beware even the small bars are getting hollowed out and corrupted.
edit on Wed Sep 19 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Money, fiat currency, and even Gold.

All has a made up value based solely on what we place on it, its all fake.

How absurd is it that shinny metal (filled with tungsten at that) has such a huge value placed upon.

Kinda shows the immaturity of the human race as a whole and its greed.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Gold will never be worthless. Paper is.

Your paper, $250 dollars used to get 1 ounce of gold 20 years ago. Today you need $1800 dollars to get 1 ounce of gold.

Gold never loses value, paper does.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Agreed, we need to get rid of the fake idea of money completely and go back to a gift economy like we had for tens of thousands of years before money. People would just work for the benefit of others without measuring the good they are giving out. In return they would be given stuff when in need. Simple and no counting or value measuring required and without the need for greed because everything is a gift.

The history of the gift economy is chronicled in the book Debt: The First 5000 Years

Our mature version of the future is Star Trek.
edit on 19-9-2012 by inthewinterdark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

who is scamming who ? the entire " arena " of ` fake gold ` - has to my suspicious mind - the halmarks of an ideal consumer scam - ie the alleged victims are ideally placed to be the perpetrators

ie - buy gold bullion , have tungsten core facimilies made of the ingots - drill a hole and scream " scam "

the entire thing stinks - and drilling holes in bullion bars has me baffled

there is a very sinple electrical resistance / capacitance test - that is instant and infalliable - and one wonders why people dont use it

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is nothing new at all, ive been watching this story for years literaly years, ive been called crazy its not happening, indeed it is, now when it hits te yuppies in manhatten it becomes news, lol what a joke.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-9-2012 by 1947flxible because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2012 by 1947flxible because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2012 by 1947flxible because: all spelling

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
People have been saying not to buy paper gold, only buy physical gold.

Well guess what? Physical gold can lose it's value the instant tungsten appears in it.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
my gold comes in the form of mexican gold "dos pesos" coins.

as i cannot afford to just buy ounces of gold every month lol.
with the price of gold as it is, i guess even these bitty things would be faked.

a question. what is an easy way to test things?
i know tungsten is non magnetic just as gold isnt.

and small units of gold would weight so much perfectly similar to tungsten in decimal grams.

what can a guy do

edit on 23-9-2012 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Once the government realizes how much of its gold stock is actually comprised with tungsten, it would not surprise me if things got Orwellian and the government tells us that gold mixed with tungsten was always the valuable resource.
edit on 23-9-2012 by BaneOfQuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bisman

what can a guy do :

In this latest case the gold was not bonded to the tungsten by plating.

A ultrasound test would have found it because the signal would not have passed across the gap between the two metals
this is why they use ultrasound to look for cracks in metal castings. when the sound waves hit the gap they bounce back .

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

How absurd is it that shinny metal (filled with tungsten at that) has such a huge value placed upon.

Kinda shows the immaturity of the human race as a whole and its greed.

There is very small minority of people who see it all as fake.

You would then be living in fake house and eating fake food too, I would assume.

You would also obviously know that in most cases pricing is set by demand and availability. That is why you can get a pretty good deal on a house in Detroit the moment, yet the French Riveria will cost you a lot of money.

Gold is a very special metal and as such is not valued the same as tin. But again am sure you know this too.

I think putting all of the human race into a blanket greed label is niave

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

easist way is to have a firm check the bars with rigth equipment. Goldmoney for instance always scans their bars before purchase

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Gold isnt money, its a rock you dig out of the ground. Its value is based upon what someone else will pay you in exchange for it. This prolonged period trading above production cost just means the eventual oversupply will eventually catch up to the supply/demand equation and supress prices

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm not surprised.

The stories that mainstream media spin are full of false flag and disinformation propaganda, with ultimate aim to discourage the public from buying gold.

www.zerohedge.com...

"Russian" .. "US Secret Service" ... give me a break.

Some stringent tests on gold:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralMishka
Gold isnt money, its a rock you dig out of the ground. Its value is based upon what someone else will pay you in exchange for it. This prolonged period trading above production cost just means the eventual oversupply will eventually catch up to the supply/demand equation and supress prices

well this can be said about any "currency"...

the difference is, you can infinitely print more paper dollars to cheat the system.

but clearly trying to cheat gold isnt working to well.

meaning, for the time being, i will trust gold more.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

they don't even need to print the dollars anymore, just create more bits and bites in the computer systems....
and every year, it seems the capacity for those computers to hold those bits and bites increases....

gold, on the other hand, I would be wiling to bet, if we were to have to make good on all that paper that is supposed to be worth x amount of gold, well, there isn't enough gold availabe to make good!!
just like there isn't enough actual dollars to make good. or stocks, ect....

land has value...
guns have value...
food has value...
as well as those things that we know we will use today, tomorrow, the next day..and onward, till there is a total collaspe and they are no long available...
then, those who own the real gold, will be willing to trade the stuff for those needed supplies that you have stashed away....or kill you for it...

still say it might be worth a small investment and some time to learn just what weeds found out in the wild is edible, develope your fishing skills, ect... they'll be less competition for the acorns, cat tails, ect...

top topics

join