It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution...are there any rules?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

The critter in the egg observed it.

If it got eaten or otherwise failed to grow the trait is not repeated.

If it is successful and the critter lives, the trait is continued.

That is how this works.

Good luck with your search, and have a meritorious day.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

a kid's way how to get out of a conversation

at least I now know what to expect from you..good day

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

well op, I like the way you think, intellegent design is everywhere so it is a very real possibility, and there is nothing wrong with your language skills either.

It has has merrit in more ways than one, and the so-called experts really have no more idea than the average joe, they just don't like to say so.

Keep on asking those questions man
perhaps the planet is the transmitter and reciever of messages beyond....it's certainly one big mother of a thing and anything is possible.

(talks with plum in mouth in mockery of the negative posts)
"It's evolution dear silly boy, don't you know anything?!"

Makes you wonder if you could put a 'call' into head office and ask for say, bigger boobs! (or what ever x)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Ha ha ha ha.

I have taken my end of the conversation as far as it can go. I can not explain this any clearer. I do not accept your idea of this "choice" in evolution. And you will not accept mine or anyone else's explanation. It appears we have reached an impasse.
I really don't see that there is anything left to say.

I also have to get ready for work. But I will check back in afterwards to see if there have been any earth shattering revelations.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It's entirely possible that an intelligence forced evolution I guess but ...

If it was just pure evolution and nothing else, I don't see any reason to assume desire on part of the animals. I'd actually assume hard eggs etc ... developed over time with multiple mutations. Some being more robust to temperatures, some a little more hardy, some more suited to being placed near the shore line ... I don't imagine a an amphibian just suddenly pooped one out.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

thank you for your post...much appreciated indeed

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Intelligent Design lol AKA religious nutcases way to use "science" to make religious ideologies "fit" in the modern era or rather the scientific era.. please.

OP is already adamant religious or rather ID'er when he started the thread, he isn't even reading what others are saying but chose to believe "someone did it", AKA, "fill in the blank concept" AKA "i don;t know so it must be that someone".

Its hard to explain to someone that put their fingers in the ears and goes "la la la la la".

Natural Selection. read on it, it does not need ANYONE. It works with the environment or rather against the environment to take the best possible way of survival.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
SO

MILLIONS OF YEAS AGO

- Only Water Creatures existed

Yes.

MILLIONS OF YEARS PASSED

- Creatures learned to breath out of water

Gained the ability to breath..

- Creatures enjoyed dry land and wanted to colonize it

No. More like, lived near the shore in the water/land interphase and laid eggs there. Sometimes the water was lower, meaning the embryos in eggs with more thick/rigid shells were more likely to survive and thus pass the genes that lead to such eggs to the next generation..

- One Problem

- They had to return back to sea to lay eggs

- Problem solved...Hard Shell Eggs appeared

- Dry land can now be colonized

So basically there was no selection..but rather..a wanted and well thought solution to the problem

This is just your fantasy. I can assure you that they didn't want to colonize land, it simply provided something better than the sea, and thus over generations populations adopted to it, some moving more inland with new adaptations on the way..

WHO REALIZED THE EGGS WERE NOT HATCHING? ... WHO GAVE THE FEEDBACK...

Nature. Only genes from the eggs that hatched were passed on to the next generation.

and no body not you nor anybody else knows more than anybody else because at the time being we can only guess..

Some guesses are more educated than others..

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Now that you've answered his questions he probably won't respond.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
no im here ..

and he didnt answered the thread really..

i still see intelligent design going on here..

a hard shell egg was not a trial and error combination.but rather the right solution for the problem...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

You're still not grasping this. It's a very simple concept, it's been explained to you numerous times in this thread yet you persist with your fantasy that eveyone else is not getting it. Take your fingers out of your ears for five minutes and listen to what others are trying to explain to you.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

a hard shell egg was not a trial and error combination.but rather the right solution for the problem...

You're assuming workflow is ...

Soft egg ----------------> omg suddenly hard eggs!

When it's more like ...

Soft egg --------> mutated egg ---------> mutated egg ----------> mutated egg ---------> mutated egg --------> harder egg ---------> mutated egg -------> mutated egg ---------> omg hard eggs!

This would be over a massive amount of time as far as human is concerned. Part of the problem is a human can't really fathom minute changes over hundreds of thousands of years.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

you all forget ...the egg was doing fine..

only for the colonization of land to be possible..the hard egg appeared

you dont mutate things going ok

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
what you are not taking account of is that this example i brought forward is not a combination but rather an ADAPTATION...when you adapt to something...there must be feedback ...feedback of the circumstances...of what is needed ...

i agree that some evolutionary episodes depended on survival of the fittest...but you have to agree with me that there are some which question interaction between the living creature and nature

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Pinke

you all forget ...the egg was doing fine..

only for the colonization of land to be possible..the hard egg appeared

you dont mutate things going ok

So you've resorted to making thing up as you go along, now? Why bother starting thus thread in the first place if you're not interested in learning?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke

You're assuming workflow is ...

Soft egg ----------------> omg suddenly hard eggs!

When it's more like ...

Soft egg --------> mutated egg ---------> mutated egg ----------> mutated egg ---------> mutated egg --------> harder egg ---------> mutated egg -------> mutated egg ---------> omg hard eggs!

This would be over a massive amount of time as far as human is concerned. Part of the problem is a human can't really fathom minute changes over hundreds of thousands of years.

and btw...there is only ONE type of fossil eggs....there were no variants...so the evidence suggest that yes..hard egg just appeared

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

dude...try to put something positive to the argument..

all you is judging me lol

try not to question my ability to learn and listen etc...that leave it up to me pls..try to debate on the points i'm putting forward here...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

so the evidence suggest that yes..hard egg just appeared

Post up the the evidence, then.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
For whatever reason individuals started laying their eggs on land. Maybe it was more secure than the ocean? I don't know....

These guys have no clue about your question heineken...they are either being purposefully obtuse about the issue, or they are just outright ignorant.

Basic concepts of evolution, learn them..
edit on 19-9-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

Yet they are arrogant enough to tell you to learn about something they cannot explain...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

tnks..i was really feeling alone until you pop up

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join