It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wins right to indefinitely detain Americans under NDAA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Obama wins right to indefinitely detain Americans under NDAA

rt.com

Last week, a federal judge ruled that an temporary injunction on section 1021 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 must be made permanent, essentially barring the White House from ever enforcing a clause in the NDAA that can let them put any US citizen behind bars indefinitely over mere allegations of terrorist associations. On Monday, the US Justice Department asked for an emergency stay on that order, and hours later US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit Judge Raymond Lohier agreed to intervene and place a hold on the injunction.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well... I don't really know what to say about this. Just read the article and judge for yourselves. I don't want to start one of those "OMG NEW WORLD ORDER IS STARTING" panic threads, but this is a little unsettling, isn't it? This means that they could just slap the 'terrorist' label on anybody who they deem to be a fly in the ointment. An easy way to keep protests and potential revolts to a minimum?

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Same thread here from yesterday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
it was an emergency appeal by the white house...

this is a sad day for America...

NULLIFIFY the NDAA!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
Same thread here from yesterday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh damn, I didn't notice that.

I just made sure it wasn't already in the news thread. I didn't check any of the other sub-forums.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Well I guess all the "Moles" will be driven out of their " Holes" now.
Second Line.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Ok, who is a terrorist??/ A person whom, has more than a week of food, weapons, speaks out against the government, goes to a protest, a neighboor can turn you in, even your own wife. Well, I'd hate to say this, BUT, That is alot of the population who is deemed a terrorist. Damn, If we breathe, will we be a terrorist???
edit on 19-9-2012 by thepolish1 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Well, at least they can go lock themselves up now. They are the real terrorists.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Ummm... I hate to state this, but It's a temporary hold on the injunction. This does not necessarily mean that it will stand as permanent, and this hold could end at any time in the near future. It does not mean that it will not become a permanent injunction stating that it will be illegal for detaining any U.S. citizens permanently in the future for the mere idea that they could be a terrorist, as was decreed originally.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
it was an emergency appeal by the white house...

this is a sad day for America...

NULLIFIFY the NDAA!

The same White House that feigned hatred of the clause is fighting tooth and nails to keep it. Exposed.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

The same White House that feigned hatred of the clause is fighting tooth and nails to keep it. Exposed.

Sad. This Administration is just as bad,and shall I say worse then the last, when it comes to civil liberties.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Basically- They are trying to put everyone on ATS behind bars.

-everybody else comes later by the Obama sweep teams.

This isnt America.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
So he's above the judicial process. People have to phone in that judicial process group that just did this and tell them NO!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
Ummm... I hate to state this, but It's a temporary hold on the injunction. This does not necessarily mean that it will stand as permanent, and this hold could end at any time in the near future. It does not mean that it will not become a permanent injunction stating that it will be illegal for detaining any U.S. citizens permanently in the future for the mere idea that they could be a terrorist, as was decreed originally.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

The clause is on the part to make US citizens disappear without due justice.

Its a temporary grant of the unconstitutional clause because of the middle east protests. THAT IS CALLED A FALSE FLAG, my dear.

And its illegal, unless it is backed by the constitution. It was struck down by the judge. He doesnt get any rights temporal or otherwise, to ever ever ever break the laws of the land and make citizens disappear.

So this judicial group just committed treason.

And yesterday, on a thread it said if he won the right to be above our judicial system, and constitution, it would wait months and month and months, and go before some kind of panel.

SO THIS MEANS DEMOCRACY IS OVER AND HITLER RE-EMERGED FOR NO ONE IS ABOVE THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM! THAT IS THE CHECKS AND BALANCES! HE COULD APPEAL BUT NOT COMMIT CRIMES IN THE MEANTIME.

Everyone needs to phone in and demand this treason STOPS NOW!
edit on 19-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Why does your president remind me of Hitler when he started out and look what deaths and misery he caused in his pathetic life.....

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Sad. This Administration is just as bad,and shall I say worse then the last, when it comes to civil liberties.

The last Administration did not indefinitely detain US citizens. Foreign nationals that pose a security threat are a different beast entirely.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Ah, but the Patriot act, was not a good thing. Funny, Obama resigned that also.............

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Ah, but the Patriot act, was not a good thing. Funny, Obama resigned that also.............

I agree. But there is a difference between walking the edge and jumping over at full speed.

top topics

join