It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep seeing 9:11 when I randomly look at a clock or watch, numbers at work

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
OK so I'm really not into these kinds of subjects but the past month has been weird. At night, I will randomly look at the clock and it will be exactly 9:11 - every night. It's creeping me out and for the past week when I see the 9:11, I've started to count the numbers of seconds until 9:12 and I always end up around 50-55 seconds... Which means I randomly decide to look at the time on the first five seconds of that very 11th minute, every day. How is that possible? I don't have a watch, and I really look at the time every 2 hours or so, especially if I'm not working on a given day. I was born on September 10th 1988. I work with telecom network cables, I work with numbers all day and now I keep seeing these 3 numbers together, example Cable 21 Port 3911 Terminal 6. I noticed this last thing only for the past week or so, maybe 10 times or so.

It makes me smile, kind of my personal proof that "more" is out there. But what does it mean???

(it doesn't have to be the "real" atomic time, in my car it's 2 minutes late and I will look at it at 9:11 even though it's really 9:09)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm like many people and see 11:11 very often.

No idea why, its just there.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have been seeing 9:11 in the morning's for the last two week's, but I don't know what it mean's if you find out message me and let me know.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Im also getting spammed by 11:11 both night and day time. Been going on for a yr? Havent kept track but its recent, sort of.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
There may be something to this, I'm definitely not an expert in numerology. That being said I would like to make a couple points.

1) No one saw 9:11 on a regular basis... until after 9/11. That is not actually true, but when you glance at a clock and it says 5:16 it doesn't make a mental trigger in your brain and you quickly forget it. When numbers have a certain meaning you are more likely to remember seeing that time.

2) Just like when you start waking up every day a minute or two before your alarm clock goes off, your body gets conditioned to certain behaviors based on time. If you are EXPECTING to see 11:11 your body will be able to tell roughly when that time is coming up and be more alert.

3) This is just a question: How many times are you looking at the clock before and after the expected time? People tend to check the time frequently and if you are concerned about seeing a specific time (which it is obviously on your mind) is it possible that you are unconsciously checking the clock a lot more frequently than normal?

That being said though, I hope that if you want it to mean something then it does! As long as its something positive

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

I'm glad more people are begining to talk about this subject. I have experienced this type of thing for over a year now.

With me it isn't a certain number but repeating numbers or series of numbers. Here's a quick tale.....

I had received a prepaid credit card for a gift and I knew I had a remaining balance. When I checked I discovered the balance was $50.50. So I went to the grocery store and bought a few items, maybe five or six things, I paid with the card and the total of my purchases was $25.25!

This kind of thing happens so often anymore that I just smile and shake my head.

I have no idea what it means but I feel it has to mean something.

I've searched online several times and although it seems to be happening to a lot of people there is surprisingly very little info. about it. I guess because nobody knows why.
edit on 18-9-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

link   
All this means is that you look at the clock at the same time every day. Next time you feel compelled to look at a clock, don't do it. Wait a little while. Poof! And the magic is gone.

link   

Originally posted by buggy166
reply to post by nightbringr

Im also getting spammed by 11:11 both night and day time. Been going on for a yr? Havent kept track but its recent, sort of.

I've seen it for as long as I can remember, over thirty years at least.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I too often see the time of 9:11 when i look at the clock. It happens both AM and PM, but it is more prevalent at night. It has been happening to me for quite a while now.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It's not random, it happens every night at 9:11, that's not random, 9:11 happens twice each day.
You can't see 9:11 at 4:25 AM unless your clock is stuck on 9:11.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
8:11 this morning. Then mostly random :11 / :22 / :33 it really bugs me.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I do this too.

It's actually pretty common, especially 9:11.

The psychology term is "repetition compulsion" and it's from a traumatic event. It makes sense given that 9/11 was a pretty shocking event.

The truth is you're seeing all kinds of other numbers, but you're not registering them. You get to 9/11 and your brain screams about it, so you pay attention.

There is some evidence that the constant images of the WTC attacks has given the world viewing audience PTSD. It may not be even because of the 911 explicitly, but because of other traumas in your life and you are having empathy with the event.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
My parents were plagued by 11:11- it's even their address.
It followed me for a few years into early adulthood, but thankfully gone now, lol.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The time is not random but my decision to look at the time is. I don't think our "bio-clock" is precise within seconds or minutes, it works with light conditions or am I wrong?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by smilesmcgee

A really good link on WIki about the "Bio clock"

en.wikipedia.org...

Light is the major factor but there are other factors as well.

I'd like to see the statistics for how often the average person checks the time. considering that there are 720 unique min/hour combinations in a 12 hour cycle.

Also I wonder if things like when people wake up/go to sleep, start/get off work, take lunch, watch their favorite tv show, affect how often they check the clock around the 9:11 and 11:11 and 1:11 times (these are the most commonly mentioned times)

just thinking out loud....

xis

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Odd.. Every time I look at the clock I see different times. 2:41 right now. Sometimes I'll look and it will say something completely different like, 5:01 or 12:45. Every time, it is different. I remember the other night I looked at the clock and it read 8:48. !!!

I have no idea what it means, but it's bugging the hell out of me. Does anyone know what it means??

cheers

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

The bioclock can be accurate to within a hundredth of a second if needed. No computer made by man can be so precise as a human mind. Just because we don't realize that our clock can be this accurate doesn't mean it can't be. Think about it, when you swing your arm and grasp something. The precision of the mind and nerve endings coupled to the grasp response supersedes anything present science can make. This is automatic, the computation is blindingly fast. Our whole body is a super computer all tied together. Same with many other life forms. To say that the brain is only needed to think is crazy. Our consciousness is comprised of every cell of our bodies working together.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I don't see 9:11 but I see 11:11 :/

Usually in a very weird coincidences....

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I look at the time at 9:11 nearly everyday and always point it out, Glad someone made a thread on this! Its nothing supernatural but it could easily be something subconscious in all our brains.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I think that sometimes we just find an important number and then look for proof of its importance.

I was stationed in Germany at 1st Bn, 46th Inf (before regimental (early 80's), now its 2nd and 6th for those who look up such things) and for years afterward I would always look at the clock at 1:46.

Another number that always seems to stick with me is 1234 as I am always spotting the time 12:34.

I just think we tend to spot things that are important to us subjectively. Just my personal theory on that anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join