'Proof' Jesus was married found on ancient papyrus that mentions how son of God spoke of his wife

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The paper they found was dated around 300 years after Jesus' death. Considering how unreliable "history" was back then, I would dismiss this finding completely.

I'm no fan of religion, but I'm no fool either.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by MamaJ

Research shows he was real, reincarnated many times, lived like we all live with a family.

He just so happened to remember his purpose because he was on a mission, to free the fallen

According to your interpretation. The OT clearly states who he is, the physical manifestation of God. The reason he is the First and Last is because only One was needed, and because only One was needed it made him not just the First but the Last :shk:.
edit on 19-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

This is an attempt to turn Jesus into the figure of the quran, a mere prophet who married like their prophet.

Oh I definately agree. By the 5th century gnostics were circulating Arius' and Valentinus' garbage. Even the Quran was ripped from the Holy Bible and twisted. This is just like that forged "gospel of Barnabas" from the 15th century that Apostle Barnabas wrote 1500 years after his own death naming Muhammad as Messiah :shk: and it's a fact Muhammad did claim Messiahship by saying he was the Messenger of Allah which translates as "Angel of the Lord".

Dude , tell me where did you get the idea that muhammad claim to be a "Messiah"? this topic is my favourite now and today i will blow some lid.

Messenger of Allah which translates as "Angel of the Lord".

mes·sen·ger (msn-jr)

n.
1. One that carries messages or performs errands, as:
a. A person employed to carry telegrams, letters, or parcels.
b. A military or official courier.
c. An envoy to another person, party, or government.
2. A bearer of news.
3. A forerunner; a harbinger: the crocus and other messengers of spring.
4. A prophet: the messenger of Allah.
5. Nautical A chain or rope used for hauling in a cable. Also called messenger line.
tr.v. mes·sen·gered, mes·sen·ger·ing, mes·sen·gers
To send by messenger.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Muslims identify the prophets of Islam (النبوة في الإسلام) as those humans chosen by God in Islam (Allah) and given revelation to deliver to mankind. Muslims believe that every prophet was given a belief to worship God and their respective followers believed it as well.[1] Each prophet, in Muslim belief, preached the same main belief of worshiping God (which in Arabic is translated as Allah) and in the avoidance of idolatry and sin. Each came to preach Islam at different times in history and some, including Jesus, told of the coming of the final prophet and messenger of God, who would be named Muhammad. Each prophet directed a message to a different group of people, and thus would preach Islam in accordance with the times. Although many lay Muslims and many Western scholars and writers hold the view that Islam began with Muhammad in Mecca, this contradicts the Quran, which says that Muhammad simply was the last prophet who preached the same faith that Adam preached to his children.

Islamic tradition holds that God sent messengers to every nation.[2] Muslims believe that God finally sent Muhammad to transmit the message of the Quran, the holy book which, according to Islam, is universal in its message. The reason the Muslims believe the Quran is universal and will remain uncorrupted is because they believe that previous Islamic holy books, namely the Torah given to Moses; the Psalms given to David; and the Gospel given to Jesus, were for a particular time and community and because they believe that, even if the books were corrupted, many prophets were still to come who could tell the people of what was correct in the scripture and warn them of corruptions. Muhammad therefore, being the last prophet, was vouchsafed a book which, in Muslim belief, will remain in its true form till the Last Day.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 20-9-2012 by shuar911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Does anyone think the timing of the recent French Cartoon of Muhammed have anything to do with this announcement??

I mean it seems like this has been an afterthought to all of the hullabaloo over the Muslims taking offense to various recent Muhammed portrayals.

I wonder if the Vatican may be playing some diversion tactics here?

Just thinking aloud...lalala.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Of course Jesus had a lover, he kissed the apostle John frequently. The apostle John is actually John the Baptist and the man/woman to the left of Jesus in The Last Supper is actually John and so is the "woman" at the foot of the cross.

Take a look at Da Vinci's John the Baptist painting, I think this is what he was hinting at with all his paintings. John and Jesus were lovers.

Oh HECK NO!!! i don't think so. You guys really need to quit!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Can we stop the charade?
Jesus as you know him was not real, all this religions are rip offs based off of the Ancient Egyptian God of "Horus" only each sect slightly changed the stories so the blind that followed would not be suspicious.

It's a Hoax, the idea of Jesus existing is true, but not in the way you view him, and it scares you to death it may not be real.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
WOW THATS AWESOME its totally going to change the way mankind thinks , wow all the mysterious untold stories will revolutionize mankind and it will bring us all together holding hands and singing love songs

it doesnt even say anything about sex , cannot one be married and not have sex? and with 25 different off chutes of the same damn religion does it even freakin matter, you dont like a way a religion is going, make your own up yay, it will only be a matter of time before there is the gay church of christianity

why people still cling to this $%^& is beyond me

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I am going to write in a *.txt file that the OP lives an alternative lifestyle and eats babies. so when someone finds it and reads it, it will be "proof" of who the op really was. I will also draw pictures with subtleties expressing this to further support my claims.

discrediting religion is fine but man this is really reaching
edit on 20-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This could be the partf of BlueBeam project!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Christianity is simply a retelling of the same mythos and legends that were already around long before Jesus was even born. Christianity has many similarities to the Pagans, who were around long before Jesus. I am not saying Jesus was not a real person, but he may not have been as magical as he is portrayed to have been. As previous posters have stated, for example, Horus (Egyptian) was also born of a virgin mother, Isis. Horace was "born" at the time of the winter solstice (Dec 21), was said to have walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. Sound familiar?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Menrva
Christianity is simply a retelling of the same mythos and legends that were already around long before Jesus was even born. Christianity has many similarities to the Pagans, who were around long before Jesus. I am not saying Jesus was not a real person, but he may not have been as magical as he is portrayed to have been. As previous posters have stated, for example, Horus (Egyptian) was also born of a virgin mother, Isis. Horace was "born" at the time of the winter solstice (Dec 21), was said to have walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. Sound familiar?

If this is true, then why don't we have a world full of horustians?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Let me know when the easter bunny reveals his wife.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Why would Jesus say "My wife the church" --- When he opposed organized religion?

Where did I say that he opposed religion?

You may be confusing his opposition to some of the views and behaviours of some religious leaders of his time, but he most certainly was an observant Jew.

You're confused because you didn't say it... I did.

I've spoken to many religious folk, they always respond to me when I tell them I am not religious: "Well neither was Jesus, and he still loves you."

So why... Would he refer to the Church as his Wife.......

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Mr. and Mrs. Jesus Christ?
www.nytimes.com...

love how he ends it:

If I make it to heaven and Jesus introduces me to his wife, I’ll be happy for him (and her). But then I’ll track down Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, who wrote so soon after the time of Jesus, and ask them why they left out something so important.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I don't know. Is this information or propaganda?

Hmm? You decide.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

That thought did cross my mind

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

That's because Jesus' life was modeled, in the scriptures, after some of the more important mythologies from ancient pagan history. If they had allowed those pagan faiths to die completely, there would have been a ton of secrets lost that we're only just rediscovering today...secrets that reveal more about the universe than we ever guessed at. Hell, we're inventing stuff that the Egyptians and the Mayans had already drawn rough schematics for.

We're like Peter Parker; he found some of his father's stuff, traced it back to the original source, and built from there using ideas that were already old. And since Christianity didn't include any of the old ideas, restricting itself to pure philosophy, Constantine decided to throw in some clues, like arrows saying, "Hey, if you like this, there's even better stuff in this basement over here. Come on, have a look!" Not to mention trying to give every faith a chance at the pie, so that there wouldn't be blood shed over anyone's deity or anyone insulting another religion.

That's how I see it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Technically we do, under a different name.

Try again.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I'll be watching for the answer to that one. Should be interesting, eh?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is no proof of anything,

This myth has been thoroughly debunked,

There are entire books dedicated to debunking the "da vinci code" myth.

Jesus the Christ was never married.

Even if He was, which He wasn't, it wouldn't make any difference, but that's a whole nother explanation in and of itself,

God bless

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Technically we do, under a different name.

Try again.

I'm sorry, but your response is quite absurd!
It's the NAME that I was referring to! How can it be different, and still be in the context that I pointed out?

Try again...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join