It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Proof' Jesus was married found on ancient papyrus that mentions how son of God spoke of his wife

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

There ya go.
When you get rewarded for being a good little mouse and doing the maze as best as you can, or punished for trying to climb or chew the walls or attempting to break out...well, it isn't hard to figure out which way we'll go in the end.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

don't you find the denial of jesus being married amusing? and all the hoops and gymnastics.

Yes, totally. It's in our genes to think and want sex either with or not with the opposite sex? To think that Jesus (if real) would not want to do this is such a silly idea. Gosh even priests have nasty little habits....don't they? But yes, I agree to think that marriage was in some way not allowed or he didn't do it is just silly in my view. Those who hold him in such high esteem to think that he was so pure and clean are silly also. You have no way of knowing.......at all. True, I have no way of knowing either, but I'm afraid we are all human and I know 7 billion people used as an example can't be wrong hey?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

in voodoo and other traditions a priest[ess] is often often given the title:
"Son[Daughter] of [insert name of God[dess] here]

the big conspiracy of xtianity is to prevent folks from following Jesus' true path
from [wo]man to Divine Child

remember that guy who got committed to a loony bin by his "loving family",
for actually trying to live the life of St. Francis after reading a biography.
he went to the bank, took out all HIS money in 20's and started handing them out to any homeless person
he met on his way.

obviously he was "crazy"

regarding why a child of jesus and mary wasn't special,
the children of genius parents, though highly intelligent themselves, tend closer to the norm
it's called "the Leveling Drift".
then there's what i call "The Albino Effect" when the sum/product of the value of a particular trait inherited from both parents rolls over and resets to the lower values [like an odometer returning to 000000]

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by davenport

As I stated earlier:

I post this as "Information only". I do not wish to upset anyone.

Yes, I find it interesting also!

edit on 19-9-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This could be nothing more than a gnostic scripture which 'allegorizes' Jesus's wife as some important metaphysical principle; maybe the prima materia, the "natural state"

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I hope you understand I wasn't really trying to say I knew more than you, but that the Church tried to hide from people the true message of Jesus, that we are all Sons and Daughters of God with the same potential as he had. He even told us of our potential as being similar to his
King James Bible

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

bible.cc...

Psalms and Isaiah

KJV Psa 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. 7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes. 8 Arise, O

Isaiah45:9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? 10 Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth? 11 Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me. 12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded

goodnewsinc.net...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

82:6 was directed toward the priests. That's who he was talking to at that exact point in time. There's a big difference between the priests and the common folk. Again, scripture taken out of context...and I say it not out of reverence for the Bible, but because I don't like anything taken out of context. Context can save lives.

edit on 19-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

This is a late fourth century fragment. Fragments are by their nature lacking in information. Considering history and the Church consistently back the view that Christ wasn't married (except to the Church, which is described as a bride), speculation to the contrary is a little late to the game, and likely wishful thinking on the part of the writer. Late fourth century Coptic means it is likely gnostic in origin. Christianity and its non-married Messiah had been around for quite a while by that point. So, a fourth century fragment doesn't equal the first century Church or the 'historical' Jesus.

Christ had women disciples. In the Orthodox Church we refer to her as the Great and Holy Myrrh-bearer, Mary Magdalene, Equal to the Apostles. We also say that she was the apostle to the apostles, as she proclaimed the resurrection to the apostles themselves.

Here's who Mary Magdalene wasn't: She wasn't Mary of Bethany (sister of Lazarus), neither was she the prostitute that anointed Jesus' feet and wiped them with her hair. The Eastern Church has always known these three women to be very different people.

The Church Fathers have always maintained that Mary Magdalene helped John the Theologian as an evangelist, and that she died in Ephesus.

Where Mary Magdalene appears in the Christian scriptures: Luke 8:2,3; Matthew 27:55-61; Mark 16:1-10; John 20:1-18

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

82:6 was directed toward the priests. That's who he was talking to at that exact point in time. There's a big difference between the priests and the common folk. Again, scripture taken out of context...and I say it not out of reverence for the Bible, but because I don't like anything taken out of context. Context can save lives.

What part of "all of you are children of the Most High" don't people get? What difference if he says it to a priest or a non-priest? My statement stands. You are perpetuating a myth that a priest is necessarily more holy by way of celibacy or some other means of accruing specialness above others.
Why do you think the Sanhedrin raged against Jesus and condemned him and beat him? And for that matter, why do you think Jesus went out of his way to cleanse the lepers? Think about it.

edit on 19-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
*head explodes from all the incorrect statements in this thread*

UGH. In how many threads do we have to debate the historical existance of Mr. ben Joseph?

For all those saying there is "a mountain of historical evidence proving the existance of Jesus"

No. No there isn't ANY historical evidence proving the existance of Jesus outside of the bible. All the third party testimony (as in non christian testimony) concerning "Jesus" was written by people LONG after Jesus supposedly died. The closest thing to a contemporary account would be Josephus, and that was written in 1 CE They are also hotly contested because he mentions Jesus twice and one of those mentions he identifies him as the son of Damneus and that he was made high priest.

Look, if you guys wanna believe Jesus is your personal savior that's fine and dandy and I have no problem with that. But when Christians try to prove their rightness to me using "historical evidence" that doesn't exist I take extreme exception to that.

Now I will leave this thread before the frustration due to blind repetition of falsehoods drives me mad.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

...Sources?

Seriously, everyone is saying everything without providing anything that backs their beliefs. Well, there have been several members who have provided proof, but not nearly enough of these claims have been backed with credited sources.

Can we have some professional opinions? Like, from people who are PAID to do their research, and do it RIGHT? People who stake their careers and reputations on being ACCURATE with their work?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

I see you are steeped in the secular scientific tradition of empirical knowledge. And that's fine. Just don't expect science to ever explain the indwelling spirit. You will never understand the mystery of the incarnating soul using this method.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

No. No there isn't ANY historical evidence proving the existance of Jesus outside of the bible. All the third party testimony (as in non christian testimony) concerning "Jesus" was written by people LONG after Jesus supposedly died. The closest thing to a contemporary account would be Josephus, and that was written in 1 CE They are also hotly contested because he mentions Jesus twice and one of those mentions he identifies him as the son of Damneus and that he was made high priest. Look, if you guys wanna believe Jesus is your personal savior that's fine and dandy and I have no problem with that. But when Christians try to prove their rightness to me using "historical evidence" that doesn't exist I take extreme exception to that.

I have just fallen in love

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Now I will leave this thread before the frustration due to blind repetition of falsehoods drives me mad.

No no don't go.........we were just getting to know each other!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This is absurd, truth the mail to put up a sensational story like this. Some old piece of papyrus is found with stuff written on it, therefore Jesus must have written it?! RIdiculous.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kamza

This is absurd, truth the mail to put up a sensational story like this. Some old piece of papyrus is found with stuff written on it, therefore Jesus must have written it?! RIdiculous.

You obviously didn't read the "whole" article.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
This is correct.
We're not going to buy into a 5th Century fragment from a gnostic community in Egypt.
The dreams and visions of gnostics are no basis for faith; they have no more validity than the dreams of anyone else.

Ohhh the irony

So let me see if I understand you correctly....

You won't buy into a 5th century fragment from a gnostic community in Egypt, but you will buy into a 5th century fragment from a Christian Judeo community in Egypt?

Dreams and vision of Gnostics are no basis for faith, but the dreams and vision of those who have embraced the christian judeo values are a basis for faith?

Do you not see the complete double standard here?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

JESUS FACEPALM!!! Brilliant!!!

The "Apparent" ultimate in facepalms. They can't argue with that. It's there, in a picture

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Here is a link on the Beeb today:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Video on link.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join