It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney takes hit over Palestine gaffe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

www.theaustralian.com.au

MITT Romney's electoral chances have taken another hit as secretly-shot video footage showed him dismissing Palestinians and saying there was no point in pursuing Middle East peace.

Asked at the fundraiser if the "Palestinian problem" can be solved, Mr Romney said the Palestinians have "no interest whatsoever in establishing peace, and that the pathway to peace is almost unthinkable to accomplish."
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/19/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Displaying little nuance about the attitude of different factions in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, he showed disdain for the Palestinian cause and indicated he would not make a serious Middle East peace bid as president.

"I look at the Palestinians not wanting to see peace anyway, for political purposes, committed to the destruction and elimination of Israel, and these thorny issues, and I say there's just no way," Mr Romney said.

Well, what have we here? Another video leaked of Romney, this time stating that there is not point in pursuing Middle East Peace. Furthermore, he is still displaying his wholehearted support for Israel.

This is a serious question. After these videos (which prove Romney will be destructive as POTUS) why would anyone still vote for him?

I'm expecting the knockout punch to come soon

[url=http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-depth/us-election/romney-takes-hit-over-palestine-gaffe/story-fn95xh4y-1226476997131]www.theaustralian.com.au[ /url]

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

[url=http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-depth/us-election/romney-takes-hit-over-palestine-gaffe/story-fn95xh4y-1226476997131]www.theaustralian.com.au[ /url]

MITT Romney's electoral chances have taken another hit as secretly-shot video footage showed him dismissing Palestinians and saying there was no point in pursuing Middle East peace.

Asked at the fundraiser if the "Palestinian problem" can be solved, Mr Romney said the Palestinians have "no interest whatsoever in establishing peace, and that the pathway to peace is almost unthinkable to accomplish."

I have a solution...we tell the Israeli's to behave or we are bombing THEM next.

Problem solved. F^ck 'em.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder
the pathway to peace is almost unthinkable to accomplish."

I have a solution...we tell the Israeli's to behave or we are bombing THEM next.

this is what creates wars and hatred, this comment above

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It's well know Romney is just another bought and paid for Zionist tool. He just overlooks the fact that it's usually Israel that breaks the peace agreements.

Here's the video

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

This is a serious question. After these videos (which prove Romney will be destructive as POTUS) why would anyone still vote for him?

I asked that question many time before the videos. The bottom line is that no one likes Mitt Romney as a candidate, especially now - his supposed supporters are only anti-Obama. That's the reason why his campaign is in such a shambles - I can almost guarantee there is no passion in his campaign on the part of his staffers - and why his fate is essentially sealed now.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This the world that we live in.

Telling the truth is no longer a virtue.... It's a gaffe.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by milominderbinder
the pathway to peace is almost unthinkable to accomplish."

this is what creates wars and hatred, this comment above

Really? Isn't that the same requirement we have for the rest of the world? Why does Israel get a free pass to unlawfully occupy land that does not belong to them?

I'm just looking for consistency here.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455

It is a gaffe, because the video was not meant to be made public. So your saying that Romney is telling the truth when he states that the US shouldn't be pursuing Middle Eastern peace? Yes, what he is saying about Israel may be true (the patrolling off the borders and general controlling off the independent nation). It is what Israel does, they tend to be an arrogant and controlling nation.

Still, what President states that they wouldn't try and pursue ME peace? I mean, if he wins, he will hav a crap load to deal with over there...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Tell me about it.
Someone gives a realistic and grounded description of the problem over there, and the media acts like they just seen him cooking kittens alive!

edit on 18-9-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

eh seems to work for china with tibet.....until some one is willing to remove them (good luck with that on either count ) i dont think they will be going any where i wouldnt call it a gaffe exactly just his opinion....and i think in the term of wooing voters i think he might have added more (the ones that would have voted for him or were on the fence) as im pretty sure their are more Israeli lobbyists then Palestinian ones in america and quite possibly more pro Israeli voters vs pro Palestinian ones.so i think its more his opinion then anything else and besides with all the things people give Romney crap for you think this is the "scandal" thats gonna loose him the most votes?(id wager he lost more Americans with the dog scandal then this)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I guess some people are so used to lies they dont know how to react when they finally hear the truth.

Example, once again Romney tells it like it is and people freak out.

Yes, he's right, most of those radical Muslim fundamentalists don't know the meaning of peace, they don't even have a concept of what peace means.
Every major conflict in the Middle East once again involves the Religion of Peace.
And don't forget, bowing is worse than an actual "gaffe"

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
380 million people in the U.S., and we have the "choice" between two morally bankrupt morons.

I wouldn't hire this guy to cut my grass, and he's an election away from having the top spot. Excellent.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Yes, he's right, most of those radical Muslim fundamentalists don't know the meaning of peace, they don't even have a concept of what peace means.

How would you react if you were being bombed for close to 70 years? Eventually, the idea of peace fades away if you are subjected to the same things that the Palestinians are.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Example, once again Romney tells it like it is and people freak out.
Here's Mitt , telling it like it is

"Corporations are people, my friend" Mitt Romney

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by milominderbinder

eh seems to work for china with tibet.....until some one is willing to remove them (good luck with that on either count ) i dont think they will be going any where i wouldnt call it a gaffe exactly just his opinion....and i think in the term of wooing voters i think he might have added more (the ones that would have voted for him or were on the fence) as im pretty sure their are more Israeli lobbyists then Palestinian ones in america and quite possibly more pro Israeli voters vs pro Palestinian ones.so i think its more his opinion then anything else and besides with all the things people give Romney crap for you think this is the "scandal" thats gonna loose him the most votes?(id wager he lost more Americans with the dog scandal then this)

Unfortuantely...you're probably right about the dog thing. But really...what could POSSIBLY be more loathsome and unforgivable than a guy who supports Israel? Whether it's his personal opinion or not...there are some things that I find to be just unforgivable...and this is one of them.

I would have an easier time voting for a guy who had a "gaffe" video of him torturing small woodland animals for sheer amusement than voting for a guy who backs the Israelis.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

Tell me about it.
Someone gives a realistic and grounded description of the problem over there, and the media acts like they just seen him cooking kittens alive!

edit on 18-9-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

Actually...I would vote for a guy who DID cook kittens alive and was a self-admitted cannibal before I voted for a guy who supports Israel.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Based on your logic, one would assume Obama would have solved all the problems Middle East by now, but clearly his pacifist ways have only made things worse.

I don't know where you've been in the last two three weeks but,..

NEWSFLASH:
There is destruction currently in the Middle East and people there still hate us.
What's worse, they laugh at our so called leader.

I won't even bring up Obama's War.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Based on your logic, one would assume Obama would have solved all the problems Middle East by now, but clearly his pacifist ways have only made things worse.

I don't know where you've been in the last two three weeks but,..

NEWSFLASH:
There is destruction currently in the Middle East and people there still hate us.
What's worse, they laugh at our so called leader.

I won't even bring up Obama's War.

Huh? his WARMONGERING ways have made things worse. If you think Obama is a pacifist you haven't been paying much attention.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Logic 101….
Corporations are comprised of groups of people.
Those groups of people have a right to speak individually, or as a group.
Those people have a right to speak as individuals, or as a group.
If the group speaks, then they speak through the corporation.
If a person does not like what the group is saying, then he can leave that group.
There is nothing forcing him to be part of it.

Just because you join into a group, does not mean you loose your right to speak.
So the corporation has the same freedom of speech as a person does.

So, yes, corporations are people…. groups of people.
They have a right to speak.
If you don’t like the freedom of speech, then pound sand.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join