Student Loans Could Lead to Holocaust Because of German Americans - GOP

page: 2
11
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


No, it is on topic. There is no deflection, I logically laid out how it is on topic. This GOP person said when you get away from the Constitution you open yourself up for really bad things to happen, things you would expect to see in Nazi Germany.

The NDAA fits that description. So tell me, what do you think of the NDAA, the end result of the slippery slope in the OP. I know you don't want to answer, so I don't expect one, even though I just proved it is on topic.




posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Clearly you must have missed the whole point about German Americans...must be selective hearing.


No, clearly you have selective hearing.

how in the heck could that happen? And when you start down the wrong road, it can be a very slippery slope.


Is your hearing better now? How do you not get what he is saying? It's very simple. He in no way said student loans will cause a holocaust. His point is that even though student loans are good, you should not do a BAD thing (throw out the Constitution) to achieve a good result (student loans). When you start doing bad things, you never know what the outcome will be, you are not a stupid person so I know you understand the term slippery slope.

The NDAA is the result of the slippery slope. Or do you think the NDAA is Constitutional?
edit on 19-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


No, it is on topic. There is no deflection, I logically laid out how it is on topic. This GOP person said when you get away from the Constitution you open yourself up for really bad things to happen, things you would expect to see in Nazi Germany.

The NDAA fits that description. So tell me, what do you think of the NDAA, the end result of the slippery slope in the OP. I know you don't want to answer, so I don't expect one, even though I just proved it is on topic.


The GOP person doesn't explain why the vast majority of GOP house members voted to keep
the indefinite detention when it was slated to be struck down back in May...



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


No, it is on topic. There is no deflection, I logically laid out how it is on topic. This GOP person said when you get away from the Constitution you open yourself up for really bad things to happen, things you would expect to see in Nazi Germany.

The NDAA fits that description. So tell me, what do you think of the NDAA, the end result of the slippery slope in the OP. I know you don't want to answer, so I don't expect one, even though I just proved it is on topic.


The GOP person doesn't explain why the vast majority of GOP house members voted to keep
the indefinite detention when it was slated to be struck down back in May...



The GOP is as bad as Democrats. That is why. However, Obama himself is the one who DEMANDED the indefinite detention clause. So I am wondering how RealSpoke feels about the slippery slope leading to the NDAA, which is EXACTLY what this GOP member was referring to. Not the NDAA itself, but the tossing of the Constitution whenever it is convenient.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Clearly you're still not hearing the German American part, lol.

And no, the NDAA is not constitutional. But America stopped being constitutional nearly ever since it was created. So your argument of a slippery slope doesn't hold water here. America was never really on the slope to fall off of it.

But what are you expecting me to say? Praise the NDAA? It's a horrible law and sounds like something Stalin would make.
edit on 19-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Do you really think that if Romney was backed by the MSM stories like these about Dems breaking wind in their brains wouldn't be "news"? When Arianna Huffington bragged about being Obama's texting buddy I knew what stuff they would be selling - So I expect this stuff from Huff Po.

If you think the Republicans are so nutty, remind yourself of some things that come out of the mouths of the Democrats including one who is Vice President and Nancy Pelosi Minority Leader of the United States House of Representatives that we have to put up with on a daily basis and endear us to the rest of the world.



say eyed lady



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady
 


Expect what? Words from actual republicans mouths?



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Clearly you're still not hearing the German American part, lol.

And no, the NDAA is not constitutional. But America stopped being constitutional nearly ever since it was created. So your argument of a slippery slope doesn't hold water here. America was never really on the slope to fall off of it.

But what are you expecting me to say? Praise the NDAA? It's a horrible law and sounds like something Stalin would make.
edit on 19-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)


I am glad you can see Obama (who is the one who demanded the detention clause personally) is a lot like Stalin. I read the article, I can not listen to the video, the article has quotes of what was said, I do not at all see what you are saying and I posted actual quotes to support my posts, where are your quotes?



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Direct quote


“Not that it’s not a good idea to give students loans; it certainly is a good idea to give them loans,” Bartlett said. “But if you can ignore the Constitution to do something good today, tomorrow you will be ignoring the Constitution to do something bad. You could. There are more people in our, in America today of German ancestry than any other [inaudible]. The Holocaust that occurred in Germany — how in the heck could that happen? And when you start down the wrong road, it can be a very slippery slope.”


wonkette.com...

and lol @ your signature
edit on 20-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
He is right, ignoring the constitution to do good has lead us to do unconsitutional bad things like detaining american citizens indefinitely.


Breaking rules for good sets a precedent of breaking rules in the future. In the future they can be broken for bad reasons and it has happened.

Take the good and leave the bad. Unless the bad is good to support your point then harp on that, but the good that is in there is still relevant and valid.

edit on 20-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Direct quote


“Not that it’s not a good idea to give students loans; it certainly is a good idea to give them loans,” Bartlett said. “But if you can ignore the Constitution to do something good today, tomorrow you will be ignoring the Constitution to do something bad. You could. There are more people in our, in America today of German ancestry than any other [inaudible]. The Holocaust that occurred in Germany — how in the heck could that happen? And when you start down the wrong road, it can be a very slippery slope.”


wonkette.com...

and lol @ your signature
edit on 20-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)


Based on that quote, he in no way inferred that a holocaust would be caused by German Americans. To me it seems he referred to them as an acknowledgment of what happened in Germany when they got away from what we consider constitutional principles.

In other words, you are twisting words and grasping.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Primordial
 


Sure sounds like he did to me, there was no point to mention German Americans unless he was inferring that.



posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Dude, it is so true, and well said. The GOP does seem to hate any change in current upward mobility. They want to keep the rich rich though, for sure, and it is obvious that their bills are designed to do that, although sometimes it isn't as obvious.

And it is true that once you start making concessions on Constitutionality, who knows what could happen in the long run? I don't think the holocaust idea was over the top by any means, but rather it is true.



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Primordial

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Direct quote


“Not that it’s not a good idea to give students loans; it certainly is a good idea to give them loans,” Bartlett said. “But if you can ignore the Constitution to do something good today, tomorrow you will be ignoring the Constitution to do something bad. You could. There are more people in our, in America today of German ancestry than any other [inaudible]. The Holocaust that occurred in Germany — how in the heck could that happen? And when you start down the wrong road, it can be a very slippery slope.”


wonkette.com...

and lol @ your signature
edit on 20-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)


Based on that quote, he in no way inferred that a holocaust would be caused by German Americans. To me it seems he referred to them as an acknowledgment of what happened in Germany when they got away from what we consider constitutional principles.

In other words, you are twisting words and grasping.


Don't bother, he will never get it because he is intentionally deaf to reason. It's very clear what was said and what was meant. RealSpoke has a crush on Obama and continually bashes everything GOP regadless of facts. He has even said in one post he doesn't care if it's true he will post what someone else says even when he knows it's wrong.



posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
What I find interesting is why money is still involved in education in the first place. It seems to me that it is logical sense to provide education to everyone regardless of if they can `afford it` or not. Having a well educated society is key to having a strong unified society.

How can a society be able to progress itself and be able to solve problems logically and scientifically without having a well educated populous? I contend that it cannot; which is exactly why we often end up with half-crazed rich kids running the nation and control freak bourgeoisie getting rich off the backs of the working class. Many of the common people are simply not educated enough to understand the cause of their own material conditions to be involved in discussing how to improve things. This often leads to many people falling though the cracks of the contradictions of capitalism.

If people are more educated, and have open access to education, you will get a society which is more able to progress and be more happy.





new topics
top topics
 
11
<< 1   >>

log in

join