It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just how wrong was Mitt with his 47%

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Of the fifty three percent that are paying taxes, most of them will be retiring someday and not be paying taxes themselves. If these people can't see their own future, something is wrong with their perception. They are cutting their own throats.

Perhaps the next step for re-assuring our watchful "patriots" that everyone is pulling their weight would be to impose an annual "Be" fee, a minimum federal tax for the privilege of being American or living in the United states. Parents would be responsible for the taxes on their minor children, seniors could pay it out of their retirement savings. This fee would provide an incentive for the President and elected officials to take an active interest in their "non-productive" members of society. Failure to pay of course would lead to a debt prison of forced labor stamping out license plates and military gear.

Posed earlier was a question, "If we print our own money then why not print the interest too?" I suppose the reason we don't is that it would just not be "interesting" to those who receive the interest payments. As it is I suspect those interest holders are just acquiring more "ownership" of the United States as debt-prison payment of the nation's Be fee interest money to the... mother corporation owners?? Our owners?? I wish I understood this better.

The US Federal Reserve Bank is privately owned and not by the US government. I believe the list of owners and controllers is secret, along with their salaries and bonuses too I suppose. Our income taxes largely go to making that interest payment? - This interest being dividends paid to the bank owners? Are these bankers part of that contributing 53%? - Anyone can explain how this works or provide a nice link that de-mystifies it a bit?

edit on 19-9-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I love how the more honest and truthful Romney is the more people trash him. Let's vote 4 more years of Obama's hope, change, and lies!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.

Romney went on: "[M]y job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

'47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government'
Nope! I don't think so. Prove that Rmoney (or Rmoney supporters). The facts and numbers please.
(OR - all 100% of americans are dependent upon government, in one way or another.)

'who believe that they are victims'
And they are victims. They are not at fault when it come to the economy. Bush and republicans and their greedy friends at wall street are!!

'who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement.'
2 things here.
1. Hypocracy! This from Rmoney who couldn't do the crimes he does without a corrupt government turning it's back?! OMG! He really is an idiot!! Or just evil.
2. When the government no longer safeguard the rich and ownership of land - then people actually could do for themselves! But as long as land is owned by corporate and privat interest, damn straight the government owe the people!! Can't just take away the right to farm, hunt and fish for some and give it to others without compensation.

'And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.'
Nope! I don't think so, again. Prove that Rmoney (or Rmoney supporters). The facts and numbers please.

'My job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.'
Don't vorry Rmoney, there's not a person on the planet who think you care about anyone, but yourself and money.

Take personal responsibility they say... these people with WMD:s in Iraq and telling the world the economy is fine just before the housing bubble pops. Yeah, right...

<< 1   >>

join