It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-D, the only dimension possible.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Now, I've heard people say, "I'm in the 4th dimension!" or "In order to travel time, you need to be in *whatever* dimension"

To me, it sounds like they are either confused or they don't know the truth or believe what they have been told is truth when it turns out to be a lie.

Now I may get shot down for this, but at least it's worth it.

He's the only truth, there is only one 3-D.

Don't believe me? Have you ever, in your lifetime, been in any of the other dimension? What does it look like? What's the taste like there? What are you feeling there?

Because let's think, what are three things that makes us, us? Mind, body, and spirit.

What makes the universe turn? Electro-motive force, Magnetic Flux, and Inertia.

What kinds of particles are there? Proton, Electron, and Neutron.

What are the parts of the story? Beginning, middle, and End.

A lot of areas are made of three things, and to me, that is the way it's suppose to be.

Those that think there is something more than 3-D, it's will forever be limited to only the idea.

People that live in the 3-D, would be considered someone that lives in reality, and they stick to it, not because it's what they were taught, it's what they have found it to be.

Thank you for your time.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Fortunately The mind is dimensionless and can explore concepts we can't physically touch.
"plenty of very smart people disagree with you : here's one explaining "4 dimensions"

partII:

and slightly more advanced yet: 10 dimensions! two parts

and

Enjoy:

edit on 18-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
As I understand it we live in the 4th dimension. One must be one higher to perceive the one before it. Ist = plane, 2nd = height and width, 3rd = Height, width, and depth. 4th = height, Width Depth and Time. As we live in the 4th we can not perceive the 4th to its entirety nor can we understand the 5th. That's how I understand it anyway.

Edit to add: In contrast because we live in the fourth we can not understand the complexities of existing in the 3rd dimension or lower due to having the understandings of the 4th.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
"plenty of very smart people disagree: here's one explaining "4 dimensions"

partII:

beat me to it...I was going to post that exact same video as its perfect for this thread..

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
As I understand it we live in the 4th dimension. One must be one higher to perceive the one before it. Ist = plane, 2nd = height and width, 3rd = Height, width, and depth. 4th = height, Width Depth and Time. As we live in the 4th we can not perceive the 4th to its entirety nor can we understand the 5th. That's how I understand it anyway.

Edit to add: In contrast because we live in the fourth we can not understand the complexities of existing in the 3rd dimension or lower due to having the understandings of the 4th.

Replace the word time with the word movement. Motion of mass through void in relation (relativity) to other mass through void is what makes the 4th dimension.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

I'm sure you've heard of Membranes as it relates of M-Theory, String Theory and the like.

If not, I suggest you elevate your level of education regarding the matter.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Thank you, that fine tunes my understanding vastly. It makes more sense to me now.

Edit to add: I saw "Time" as the movement but your description is "cleaner"

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think the OP is referring to dimensions in terms of spiritual level and not physics. Two very different concepts.

Both are highly theoretical and not fact.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Time does not have a factor, movement does not have a factor.

So the only thing that I can say about 4th dimension is that it's an idea. Emphasis on idea, since this Carl Sagan guy that was mention said "imagine that there is a 4th physical dimension."

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

This Carl Sagan guy is one of the most well respected scientists ever.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

No, to all things, physical, mental, and spiritual.

And for this Carl guy, in your opinion, respected in what way?

If your still reading this, there is another thing he got wrong, it's Venus. I know what it really looks like and how it functions thanks to other scientist that found the truth.
edit on 18-9-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

If this is true than planes of existence should have been used not dimensions, right?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

When referring to the 3D,4D,5D,6D... spiritual evolution concept, I usually refer to the D as density and not dimension.

Either can work, though, as can planes of existence.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Realms. We can go there, literally, and there were accounts give that time there moved faster because in that realm, must be higher than us, moves so fast that we, the ones typing our words, won't be able to see it.

The downside is, we won't be able to stay long there. Part of the rules in the Step-down process.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Sagan's contributions were central to the discovery of the high surface temperatures of the planet Venus. In the early 1960s no one knew for certain the basic conditions of that planet's surface, and Sagan listed the possibilities in a report later depicted for popularization in a Time-Life book, Planets. His own view was that Venus was dry and very hot as opposed to the balmy paradise others had imagined. He had investigated radio emissions from Venus and concluded that there was a surface temperature of 500 °C (900 °F). As a visiting scientist to NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, he contributed to the first Mariner missions to Venus, working on the design and management of the project. Mariner 2 confirmed his conclusions on the surface conditions of Venus in 1962.
Sagan was among the first to hypothesize that Saturn's moon Titan might possess oceans of liquid compounds on its surface and that Jupiter's moon Europa might possess subsurface oceans of water. This would make Europa potentially habitable.[15] Europa's subsurface ocean of water was later indirectly confirmed by the spacecraft Galileo. The mystery of Titan's reddish haze was also solved with Sagan's help. The reddish haze was revealed to be due to complex organic molecules constantly raining down onto Titan's surface.[16]
He further contributed insights regarding the atmospheres of Venus and Jupiter as well as seasonal changes on Mars. He also perceived global warming as a growing, man-made danger and likened it to the natural development of Venus into a hot, life-hostile planet through a kind of runaway greenhouse effect. Sagan and his Cornell colleague Edwin Ernest Salpeter speculated about life in Jupiter's clouds, given the planet's dense atmospheric composition rich in organic molecules. He studied the observed color variations on Mars' surface and concluded that they were not seasonal or vegetational changes as most believed but shifts in surface dust caused by windstorms.
Sagan is best known, however, for his research on the possibilities of extraterrestrial life, including experimental demonstration of the production of amino acids from basic chemicals by radiation.[17]
He is also the 1994 recipient of the Public Welfare Medal, the highest award of the National Academy of Sciences for "distinguished contributions in the application of science to the public welfare".[18] He was denied membership in the Academy, reportedly because his media activities made him unpopular with many other scientists.[19].
en.wikipedia.org...

And, in terms of science, multi-dimensionalism is not a crack pot theory it is more of the accepted paradigm.

Vague stuff, though. Young theory. But in my opinion, a really good one.

I'd recommend reading Michai Kaku. He has some good books including parallel worlds and physics of the impossible.
edit on 9/18/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Comprehended, understood, and agreed. It is not foreign to me.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
Time does not have a factor, movement does not have a factor.

So the only thing that I can say about 4th dimension is that it's an idea. Emphasis on idea, since this Carl Sagan guy that was mention said "imagine that there is a 4th physical dimension."

Here's a bummer of an idea for you.

We only see in 2 dimensions.

It's a flat image that we see.

It looks '3 dimensional' because when we focus on something, everything else goes out of focus.

Look at your hand and try it out. Now look at the wall and hold up your hand. Look at the wall still.

Out of focus.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Well, that's the problem, it's vague. Theories are theories, laws are laws. It's just me, I have a hard time accepting theories as laws and treating them as such.

He maybe a well respected man of science, but is truly considered a scientist? Has he traveled to and fro and find what truth he seeks? Is he a man that thinks way outside the box of academia?

There was a NASA mission in which they sent a rover to the surface of Venus. Instead of finding boiling bubbles of acid and goo on the ground, they found that the planet was Earth like.

What we see in those pictures are really rain clouds, H2O composite clouds of rain, designed such to keep the planet cool else, the planet will not be able to hold it's structure. But that isn't all, it's alive, as in it's designed to take care of itself regardless of what's on it.

How do they know the heat in degrees when they haven't been there?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Oh, here's something you might not have direct experience with.

Before and after an Epileptic seizure, my mind goes into over-drive, and the dejavu I experience is more powerful than anything a normal person experiences.

The things I see, how I see them and how it feels makes me wonder about other places.

It's like every time I have a seizure, I time travel.

You'll just say I'm being silly and believing in something that can't be proven by Science.

You have one seizure, if you dare, and tell me what you think.

You'll agree with every thing I've said.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

As far as scientists go, he's pretty far outside the box. He was one of the first proponents of ET life.

Anyway, this is a good thread and you're right about being stingy when accepting scientific theory.

The thing about string theory, though, is that it provides the possibility that our own laws of physics are not universal but limited to our own small portion of total existence. So, fact becomes very relative. It is not necessarily true that all matter is composed of protons, neutrons, and electrons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join