Was Jesus married?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by new_here
Sex is not a sin within the context of marriage.

Except that there is no indication, whatsoever, that Jesus was married. He asks John to take care of his mother when he is dying on the cross, don't you think that he'd have made similar arrangements for his wife? And if the church "scrubbed the Gospels" to remove statements that Jesus was married, why didn't they similarly remove references to Peter's being married, as he was the founder of the church?

You make some good points, and I will re-iterate that I am not "sold" on the idea of Him being married. I just wouldn't be shocked, and... well let's say I'd be pleasantly surprised. Why? Because it would be one more way He lived the 'human condition' with perfection. (And to all of us married folks, quite a miracle to do THAT one flawlessly.)

There are a few things others have mentioned (like the wedding wine situation, and anointing oil) that lend themselves towards Him marrying.... but admittedly, these are only corroborating evidence.

So who knows? I don't think you or I can convince one another away from our own opinions, but I enjoyed the respectful, enlightening debate just the same. Good day sir...
edit on 9/19/2012 by new_here because: typo

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

No, he was not married, nor did he have kids, as it would have hindered him from his task while here.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by new_here
Sex is not a sin within the context of marriage.

Except that there is no indication, whatsoever, that Jesus was married. He asks John to take care of his mother when he is dying on the cross, don't you think that he'd have made similar arrangements for his wife? And if the church "scrubbed the Gospels" to remove statements that Jesus was married, why didn't they similarly remove references to Peter's being married, as he was the founder of the church?

Paul was not married, but makes no mention of Jesus being married either. Peter was married, Jesus healed Peter's mother-in-law. You would think that if Mary Magdeline was whisked away by Joseph of Arimathea, why not take the mother as well, good point.

The Gospels all indicate the tomb was borrowed to place Jesus in. That indicates that they were not related, people were buried in family plots usually, but this one was borrowed. To borrow something means you intend to give it back, which is exactly what Jesus did.

<< 1   >>

join