It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt charges Coptic Christians linked to infamous video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I'm pretty sure it's because they are arguing about an imaginary being? How can you involve feelings and imaginary beings in world politics?

Surely there has to be some cut off point? I thought we had learned our lessons from the past?

"No, my God is better than yours!"..........................."No, my God is better than yours!"

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
These Children are getting all upset over a 14 min. video made by some group in mommys basment?

FREAKING GROW UP ALREADY!!!!!

So they made fun of your god, who cares get over your self.
You are making your self look like a A$# by carrying on over something so pathetic.

No wonder they are always in turmoil and fighting, someone send them to the corner for time out.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
how anyone could have watched more than 3 minutes of that crap film trailer is beyond me
if Muslims had any sense of taste they would not have been able to get to the supposed bad bit LOL

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
wasn't the film made in the states? if so, they weren't breaking any laws here, other than good taste laws by producing the worst bit of filmmaking I've ever seen.

Actually laws may have been broken. The filmmaker lied about what the movie was about and then dubbed over the actors. That is here nor there in regards to the Egyptian outcry though, they haven't a leg, or a stump, to stand on.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
this is cleary a move to appease the extremists.

Any parent worth his/her weight in peanut butter knows that 'appeasing' bad behavior, i.e. a hissy fit, only feeds such behavior ...

Toned down, the two compare quite nicely, parenting and extremists ...

If you serve your child green beans for dinner, and the child throws the plate against the wall to express his distaste, do you apologize for serving green beans?

Or do you discipline the child for throwing the plate?

A hissy fit is a hissy fit ... Sometimes it's plates against the wall, and sometimes it's setting fire to an embassy and killing an ambassador ...

Governments world wide are run by horrible parents ...

Would you discipline your child if you thought you might wake up to a bomb strapped to your car in the morning? Other than that I agree.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
bloody typical ... they protest the film westerners complain... they file charges against the film makers westerners complain and laugh ... then westerners wonder why the rest of the world has little to no respect for them ...

at least egypt is making an effort to solve the problem in a more civilized manner now rather than continuing with violence..

So you believe the solution is to remove free speach? That's kind of scary.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Well the US charges peole for crimes not comminted on US soil, the Spanish charged Allende, all sorts of people are making complaints about miscellaneous dictators and other bad dudes to the ICC, etc.

Why should moslems miss out??

As soon as they come up with actual crimes I am sure we will be happy to help them out.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Idiots...what a waste of time
After knowing the stance of the US public, they finally decided to charge ?
Talk about egyptian politics (domestic & international) to appease.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 U.S. 444 (1969), was a landmark United States Supreme Court case based on the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The Court held that government cannot punish inflammatory speech unless that speech is directed to inciting, and is likely to incite, imminent lawless action.

So did they incite imminent lawless action with this movie?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join