It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Official Movie - Free to Watch on Youtube) THRIVE: What On Earth Will It Take?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Originally posted by BIGPojo, this movie is really good to watch...talks about anything and everything from quantum to federal reserve to people power in fighting for freedom.

Link to first thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy the video...good eye opener to the world

edit on 18-9-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Why make a thread that makes a link to something that's already out there for free, something that many threads have already covered in depth?

Also, way too much BS in this movie, was really disgusted by it. I mean, I watched it first, and was impressed and blown away, but I had this feeling I was being lied to a lot. So, I did some research, and found yes indeed, it is full of lies and half-truths. It could have been something much more profound, if it weren't for this guy's ulterior motives.

He screwed it up, and even interviewees are pissed at him, for twisting what they interviewed on into something of an agenda.
edit on 18-9-2012 by fourthmeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Watched this a while ago and I recall really enjoying it

It is a breath of fresh air after constant fear-mongering and hoplessness-rhetoric spewed by Alex Jones and the like, to see a film with a positive spin, and an enlightening message for humanity.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
Why make a thread that makes a link to something that's already out there for free, something that many threads have already covered in depth?

Firstly, those links ended up not working properly or you had to pay to see the entire movie.

Secondly, I didn't see these "many threads" you claim there are. Please post them!

For example...this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... posted this on Youtube...now that link is NOT WORKING!

So this thread is continuing to push for making it visible to the public and not buried in dead threads. Got it?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yeah I got it but I always considered that a violation of T&C.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
For the record, I LOVE the positivity and I like the message, and I like the direction it TRIES to go.

But make no mistake, it is absolutely full of lies and half-truths, and a lot of the folks that were in it DISAVOWED it because the final movie was built on a spin. In other words, it has an agenda.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Every film/documentary has an agenda. You also have to make sure you observe each one objectively.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wow, I JUST watched this last night and was gonna post a thread here if no one else had. It might have been the best documentary I've seen as far as covering such a wide range of things.....tetrahedrons, federal reserve, false-flag terrorism, tesla, love not fear..........Hey all, exactly what is this alleged "agenda" you're b1tching about? Instead of, "this film makes some good points, but it has an agenda!"........."A lot of the people interviewed are pissed because this movie has an agenda!!!" ELABORATE for crying out loud. I thought it was great and yeah....I swear I was just about to start a thread on this too!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Exposing TPTB is a great agenda, better than staying in the darkness.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenWeenie
Wow, I JUST watched this last night and was gonna post a thread here if no one else had. It might have been the best documentary I've seen as far as covering such a wide range of things.....tetrahedrons, federal reserve, false-flag terrorism, tesla, love not fear..........Hey all, exactly what is this alleged "agenda" you're b1tching about? Instead of, "this film makes some good points, but it has an agenda!"........."A lot of the people interviewed are pissed because this movie has an agenda!!!" ELABORATE for crying out loud. I thought it was great and yeah....I swear I was just about to start a thread on this too!

I watched this months ago, and had a similar attitude, show everyone, talk about it, best thing ever, etc.

And, if it weren't for the huge glaring lies in it, then it would probably be the best thing ever. But,
thrivedebunked.wordpress.com... usly-misguided-ideas/

and websites like it prove otherwise

"Yesterday, nine of the people interviewed in Thrive—John Robbins, Deepak Chopra, Paul Hawken, Elisabet Sahtouris, Duane Elgin, Vandana Shiva, Edgar Mitchell, Amy Goodman and John Perkins—issued a public statement denouncing the film and stressing their profound disagreement with it. "

“We are a group of people who were interviewed for and appear in the movie Thrive, and who hereby publicly disassociate ourselves from the film.

Thrive is a very different film from what we were led to expect when we agreed to be interviewed. We are dismayed that we were not given a chance to know its content until the time of its public release. We are equally dismayed that our participation is being used to give credibility to ideas and agendas that we see as dangerously misguided.

We stand by what each of us said when we were interviewed. But we have grave disagreements with some of the film’s content and feel the need to make this public statement to avoid the appearance that our presence in the film constitutes any kind of endorsement.

Signatories (in alphabetical order)

Deepak Chopra

Duane Elgin

Amy Goodman

Paul Hawken

Edgar Mitchell

John Perkins

John Robbins

Elisabet Sahtouris

Vandana Shiva”

And it goes on.

Point being, there is truth in there, and yes it is a good message. But doing the wrong thing (like manipulating an interview to suit your needs) is still wrong, even if you do it for "good" reasons.

Mind you, I'm all about the topics discussed in the movie. What I'm not about is the way it was portrayed to the participants only to be spun into something else.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Thanks for backing up what you were saying (fourthmeal). I just get annoyed with the people who show up in a thread and say things like, "You're a noob OP, this has all been debunked." with no evidence.

However these guys trying to distance themselves from the movie doesn't mean the movie is full of lies or half-truths. The only one of them who gave a reason for doing so (that I read....I could be wrong though) was John Robbins who wrote a loooong blog about it here.

Basically he signed the statement because he did not like David Icke being prominently involved and he (Robbins) believes in climate change being a fact and being caused by humans.

I think:
In David Icke's case, just about everything I've heard from him has felt true. I like him. I guess a lot of people even on this site bash him and say he's too far out there. Look I don't know if the world is run by reptilians or not...so I keep an open mind about it because NOTHING would surprise me at this point.

In climate change's case.......anytime some major issue is explained to us and pushed by the media, and the government's soultion is more regulations and more taxes.......I have my doubts.
edit on 19-9-2012 by greenWeenie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join