It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very plausible reason for FEMA camps, the NDAA detainment and the stock piling of ammunition.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
People would not buy a car cover, unless they owned a car.

They wouldn't buy bullets, unless they wanted to shoot them.

They wouldn't build Concentration, uh-hem...., "relocation" camps, unless they intended to use them....

Your thinking is very logical, and probably accurate.
edit on 18-9-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

Nukes weren't built just to be decomissioned either, someone built those with intentions to use them someday, and last year 3000 more were ordered.

I dunno who the camps are going to be for, except maybe political prisoners, possibly PoWs

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

I would say the camps could be used for many things. Say an all out war with the Nations of Islam happened. All Muslims would no doubt face the same fate as the Japanese during WW2. And what if the Mexican Drug Cartels, flush with money and superior weaponry, decide to declare war on America? Again, the camps would be filled with Mexican citizens, but legal, and illegal. Say that Religious groups in America, tired of waiting for the Apocalypse, decide to make war on the American government, seeing them as the Anti-Christ? Some already see Obama as that right now. Some Christians in ATS think the camps are for them, and they could be in this instance.

Nothing is build by the government once, nor is anything built without good reason, and multiple plans.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by deckdel

As long as they do not order body bags in equal amounts - no worries...

But they did a couple or few years ago, around the same time FEMA ordered millions of freeze-dried meals.... oh, and they were "under water" body bags, if that makes a difference.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by hesse
reply to post by butcherguy

Yeah but dont you think in the days of mass media and internet the US would recieve massiv international criticism? The US does still have a face to loose, that would be gone for sure. Back in FDR´s days, like another poster said, people trusted the gov. more. Today it would make America the new Reich... But that could just be it... I have read a lot of Joseph P. Farrell, so it could be the nazis never "really" died out anyway. Since I live in Germany, FEMA Camps smell a lot like concetration camps to me. If something like that does happen, some massiv terror attack or something would have to happen, so people would somehow support such action.
edit on 19-9-2012 by hesse because: (no reason given)

Maybe that's what the whole internet kill switch is for? If we were "under attack" by foreign countries, compromising our infrastructres, they have the right to shut it all down. SHutting it down means phones, too, all social media, etc., and we cannot verify situations across the world or even across our state or cities too easily. There has been a move toward this: protestors' planning using social media, etc., to perpetrate, etc. Look at all of the cases of this being shown in the news in a negative light, leaning toward terrorism bends, then look at the laws that have been put in place in the interim. They go hand-in-hand. Without the internet, there's no way to circulate things quickly and thus, make life easier for governments doing sneaky, underhanded things.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think that they are for "terrorists" as defined by the department of homeland security. You know that list, the one that basically everyone on this forum that doesn't work for the government is included on.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

All we can do is hope that if something like this becomes a reality, it IS for the criminals, and not for the common citizen what only wants to be left alone

When one group can arbitrarilly decide, by their own standards, who is or is not a criminal; we all become potential criminals.

According to the "patriot act", any law enforcement officer can lable any "common citizen" a "terrorist" and have them detained. The burden of proof is then placed upon the detainee and they are not allowed to review any evidence against them.

So much for the protections of the citizens by the Constitution.

Is this still your hope for this to become a reality ?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

You haven't posted any links thus far in this thread, perhaps that was on The Gut's thread? Please stay focused if you're serious about debating/debunking a topic. But as I said the topic is really about laws and the frameworks in place for interning American citizens not the existence of the camps.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

100% correct sir; how many headlines have you read lately, about the government and local law enforcement using social media to arrest people, not just for things they have done and get online and brag about; but arresting or psychiatric evaluations for people that MIGHT be a threat, I have personally read several on the topic, it's mind boggling.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Very true, I think it has also help cover tracks by spreading the activity out over an expanse of time, hoping no one puts 2 and 2 together. Just like when SHTF and they don't want it to be harped on they sensationalize something else to distract people away from what is more important to focus on. This tactic can be clearly seen in the bid for the presidency...weird a Freudian slip; Bid for president, as in who has the highest dollar corporate backing to take the seat.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

I do not mean to disrespect you, when I say I probably won't read what you're asking; if you wouldn't mind expanding on how it ties in to the topic that would be great.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

One can only hope that it is meant to offer a blanket protection for those of us, that mind our business and don't break any laws...hopefully exercising the 1st amendment won't be grounds for internment....if so can I borrow a paddle?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabalis

Not having oversights is a certain way to implement something; so when it is found as being criminal no one serves time because no one was responsible...it is certainly food for thought as the people gathering information on us have no oversight either.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SyxDaliGee

I myself am typically always a cynic, so I appreciate you taking a closer look. I am not one for conspiracy, I don't like far reaching theory. It was just too easy to connect the dots and form a picture on this without trying; as everything is there and in place...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

related article I was just reading but the source I think I have heard has some "credibility" issues:

Last year, Department of Homeland Security chief Janet Napolitano directed ICE to prepare for a mass influx of immigrants into the United States, calling for the plan to deal with the “shelter” and “processing” of large numbers of people.

www.infowars.com...

Dated yesterday

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Water proof would make sense, if the virus theories are correct so the bodies would not contaminate the ground water, the coffin people speak of can hold 3 regular sized adults and have tops like tupperware for them. This is just speculation and does some reaching, I honestly don't know...but that is the most logical reason if body bags are water proof and the coffins are to be used as others state.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hesse

Agreed not without a plan or framework for it and a way to implement it; and that is what I have tried to present here.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

When something has yet to happen it is just speculation; sometimes when people speculate things get dodgy because they can reach too far and leave logic and rationality behind. Trying to stay as close to actual possibility for reasons can be difficult for many in this business of speculation; but it is an absolute imperative to do so if one wants to hold credibility.

Thanks for being objective in your research, it only helps to clarify things which is the best thing a site and topics such as this can have. I hope I am wrong; I hope the Jesse Ventura show on the topic was just some over dramatized drivel...but at the same time a heads up if it isn't, so it can help people prepare and not be caught off guard. I don't mean that as in stock pilling ammo etc. to fight back if this does happen either. Violence begets violence.

Extra: If they are just for training, that's still a lot of rounds, not to mention Hollow points are a specialized round training dummies etc. don't require hollow points.
edit on 19-9-2012 by BigBrotherDarkness because: add extra

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness

You haven't posted any links thus far in this thread, perhaps that was on The Gut's thread? Please stay focused if you're serious about debating/debunking a topic. But as I said the topic is really about laws and the frameworks in place for interning American citizens not the existence of the camps.

Yeah, it may have been in the other thread. Quite easy to get the two confused these days.

If the government wanted to detain people at these fantasy camps, they wouldnt need to pass any new laws to do so. The framework to do so has been in place for many years now. Like I said, Rex 84 has been implemented twice in the last 20 years (LA riots and after 9/11) and I dont see any doomsday having come from it.

Any semi-intelligent government is going to have contingency plans in place for how to handle situations like civil disturbances, natural disaster, etc, etc. I would actually be more worried if they did NOT have something in place.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by docgreen15

The problem with this is; the Average American will see whomever is to go into these camps as "The enemy" just like they saw the Japanese, Italian, and German the enemy in WW2. The rounds I logically assume that have been distributed around the country; are insurance for the just in case scenario.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Please provide links; it's not that your word isn't good, people might like to verify your statements

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join