It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese General: Prepare for Combat with Japan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TommyG
And the US thought it was a sleeping giant prior to 9-11. I am afraid that China, if able to fully mobilize could conquer the entire planet. The west's addiction to consumerism has fed that country into a rather hefty opponent.

I say we just call a global truce... remove all borders and just share this rock we're on for the betterment of all its inhabitants instead of letting these bullies murder millions all at the whim of greed and control.

Where has all the empathy and mutual respect gone?

Really? The entire planet? I don't think so.

You people need to wake up and realize that china can be defeated just like any other country.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There has been fighting going on over islands in that region for a long time, and it hasn't brought about an outbreak of war yet. The islands in question have been disputed since the early 1970s, and they haven't gone to war over them yet. The Spratly Islands have had actual shooting incidents, and a war hasn't broken out yet there either.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So..... the consensus here so far is that there is not a real threat?

My brother is currently on a business trip in Japan, so I find myself worrying at this news!
I haven't been paying enough attention to what is going on there- is this just typical saber rattling, ya think?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

The dispute over these islands has been going on since the US handed them back over to Japan in 1972. There was a mineral survey in 1968 that founds lots of oil under them. All of a sudden China decided that they wanted them, and had a claim to them.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Bluesma

The dispute over these islands has been going on since the US handed them back over to Japan in 1972. There was a mineral survey in 1968 that founds lots of oil under them. All of a sudden China decided that they wanted them, and had a claim to them.

But you don't think they are planning on really starting war at this time?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

It's just more sabre rattling I'm willing to bet. There may be a few incidents, but I don't think we're going to see a war start over them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join