Chinese General: Prepare for Combat with Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
As if the world needs yet another heated conflict, China and Japan are on the brink of war.

SOURCE

China’s most powerful military leader, in an unusual public statement, last week ordered military forces to prepare for combat, as Chinese warships deployed to waters near disputed islands and anti-Japan protests throughout the country turned violent.

Protests against the Japanese government’s purchase of three privately held islands in the Senkakus chain led to mass street protests, the burning of Japanese flags, and attacks on Japanese businesses and cars in several cities. Some carried signs that read “Kill all Japanese,” and “Fight to the Death” over disputed islands. One sign urged China to threaten a nuclear strike against Japan.

So now that the middle east is erupting, and the entire world is going insane, we have China and Japan at each other's throats.

Iran and Israel are ready to square off. And add Syria to the mix.

How is Russia going to play its cards?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

How is Russia going to play its cards?

They will join the US/UK in a hidden activity as everyone destabilizes smh.. Also with Japan just going thru Fukushima what is the reason to cause further harm there. Seems as if certain nations were given self destruct buttons and are pushing them all at the same time
Antarctica is probably nice this time of year.
edit on 9/18/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
A general says, be prepaired for combat ... is nothing new. Soldiers should always be prepared, and in a situation as this one ... especially.

However, there isn't going to be an outbreak of any kind. Not now, at least ...

But China's future goal, is to relieve the US of it's duties in the pacific.

The Russians, having long term ties with China and long term interrests in Asia. Will stand by the sidelines.
edit on 18/9/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Isn't this like reading a twisted history book of WWII... same story, but someone hit the random button, and all the characters are different.

I saw last evening that India has moved a couple of hundred thousand troops up along the border with China.

The US is just sitting here with an impotent president and a sinking economy. Japan has suffered a terrible and costly disaster. China has it's money strings all over Europe and the US.

And the US is caugfht up in a series of no win incursions in the middle east...

If I was China, it would be a good time to attack... distract the uppwardly mobile masses now going unemployed, finally sever economic ties from an "anchor around the neck US"

Next up Taiwan and the Phillipines

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
And the US thought it was a sleeping giant prior to 9-11. I am afraid that China, if able to fully mobilize could conquer the entire planet. The west's addiction to consumerism has fed that country into a rather hefty opponent.

I say we just call a global truce... remove all borders and just share this rock we're on for the betterment of all its inhabitants instead of letting these bullies murder millions all at the whim of greed and control.

Where has all the empathy and mutual respect gone?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Japan isn't at anybody's throat. China is clearly the aggressor. These islands haven't been disputed until China decided they have the power to dispute them. Japan isn't burning Chinese cars and Chinese businesses its clearly one sided so far.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I fear that Russia may join sides with those against Israel AND play friends with the obvious choice, China.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TommyG

And the US thought it was a sleeping giant prior to 9-11. I am afraid that China, if able to fully mobilize could conquer the entire planet.

Moving China's standing force is a logistics nightmare.
The US was a sleeping giant prior to Pearl Harbor and hasn't returned to slumber since.
China's generals are known to shoot their mouths off from time to time, remember this guy?Gen Zhu
This reminds me of when the daily (a chinese state owned paper) called for a "small scale war" on the Philippines.
Barking dogs seldom bite.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
China is facing a "China Spring" due to the slowing economy and massive disparity in wealth between the richest and poorest (NB this is a communist country in name only, in reality it is a military dictatorship). All this posturing about Japan is a way to distract the population from their real concerns. Classic stuff, appeal to historic racism to get the unthinking majority to buy "tabloid newspapers" and get all riled up whilst the rich suck the wealth out of the country.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
China is facing a "China Spring" due to the slowing economy and massive disparity in wealth between the richest and poorest (NB this is a communist country in name only, in reality it is a military dictatorship). All this posturing about Japan is a way to distract the population from their real concerns. Classic stuff, appeal to historic racism to get the unthinking majority to buy "tabloid newspapers" and get all riled up whilst the rich suck the wealth out of the country.

No different to the USA or any other country who hide behind the word "Democracy".. Pull the right strings and your government would become a military dictatorship overnight.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
sorry.
edit on 18-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It would send out a message loud and clear to the rest of the world. Kick em when they're down.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Indeed, not good news, and in fact, I wonder whether this may, as I think others have also said, be in some way a reaction from China TO what is building up in the Gulf/Med, as they have strong ties with Iran, and want oil/gas there?

This Japan/islands (for oil/gas) might be argued to be a protest/threat/retaliation (to the USA/allies) to NOT disrupt that Iranian supply, i.e. 'or else we'll maybe have to source alternatives, like for example from Japan, who we will hit hard economically and militarily if required, and will in doing stretch you too just when you don't need it'???

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

IMO, having followed somewhat what China is aiming to do militarily, and the development schedule for example of their Sea/Air power (including carriers, stealth fighters, etc), I think China won't be attacking conventionally in scenarios where such assets may be required - although that wouldn't reassure me if I lived in Japan/Taiwan right now.

I do think that they do already possess some formidable alternatives/compliments to conventional weapons, not least economic, resource control, and electronic/computer warfare...

See my recent post/thread here for more:
China: Trade embargo on Rare Earth minerals/metals - What damage could this do to the West?,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If China decides to strike Japan, the U.S will have to get involved....as we always do.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This was 5 days ago and he infact said

A senior Chinese military official has urged the army not to slack off and be prepared for any possible military combat.

a far cry from

Chinese General: Prepare for Combat with Japan

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think China is putting up a strawman for the US and japan to be worried about at this time....
This type of distraction from Iran strengthens its defensive capabilities VIS a VIS the amount of firepower thats diverted to the Japanese threats......
And i am sure that the Abraham Lincoln has in itself more modern aircraft than the entire Iranian air force.
keeping on station in Okinawa would be a help dontcha think?
Other moves and countermoves are being assuredly adjusted to threat level estimates for the near term.......
Still............Theres a couple of other aircraft carriers than US ones in the area right now too......
Its hard to imagine the possible losses that could be inflicted on such a massive combined force of ships....should the Iranians go for an all out balls to the wall missile barrage to kick off things....i fear for the allied shipping if this happens...
Even if the bombs start to fall and the iranians react with this tactic, the texhnology we posses is truely not battle tested yet....anti missile ship defenses, and anti aircraft missile developements are the big questions in this equation....what does Iran really possess?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by damingus

we are obliged to we are allies and we are responsible for the safety of our bases in japan and by extent all of japan

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TommyG
And the US thought it was a sleeping giant prior to 9-11. I am afraid that China, if able to fully mobilize could conquer the entire planet. The west's addiction to consumerism has fed that country into a rather hefty opponent.

I say we just call a global truce... remove all borders and just share this rock we're on for the betterment of all its inhabitants instead of letting these bullies murder millions all at the whim of greed and control.

Where has all the empathy and mutual respect gone?

China couldnt conquer the planet.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
America protects Japan. They have no real military. America feeds China. The amount of wheat alone that we send to China daily is staggering. America is the bread basket of the world and China knows it. I seriously doubt they will attack Japan and risk millions starving in China. Starving people revolt to change their situation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join