It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psy - Gangnam Style plus interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
In case anyone hasn't heard, this Korean artist called Psy has a YouTube video with over 215,000,000 views called Gangnam Style. He release his video on YouTube in July 2012 and has already signed a contract with Scooter Braun, who manages other famous artists.

Here's the viral video. I think it's a happy pumped up club song, but it wears on me after one listen.

From the interview below, Psy seems like a really nice guy to me. The interviewer is a bit irritating, but he seems like a humble guy with a good attitude:

So, now that he is involved with the Western world's music industry, will this nice guy get chewed up and spit out like so many other one-hit wonders? I hope his career goes well for him and the business doesn't eat him alive, steal all his royalties with bad deals, and make him compromise his style to cater to the music industry's cookie-cutter crap music.

Who's a fan? It's not my style of music but I guess I see the phenomenon, sort of.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

LOL

Never heard the original but this parody is everywhere here, clubs, bars, malls and all day on the radio.

Very catchy

S&F for the smiles

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

I am sooooooo ridiculously addicted to this song - its been on repeat for like a week and I don't know what I'm saying but I'm determined to learn the words (then I'll figure out what they mean)

I won't inundate you with ALL my favorite versions but I recommend checking out the flash mobs and the mashups
they're great - this one is my favorite!

new topics

join