It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There has to be something we can celebrate today??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
22th September 2012

- Hooray!!! Today is American Business Women's Day.....apparently it's all about "to bring together businesswomen of diverse occupations and to provide opportunities for them to help themselves and others grow personally and professionally through leadership; education, networking support and national recognition"

on a Saturday?? Anyway, to all the hard working women of America, congratulation!!

- If you're going anywhere today, don't take your car because it's World Car-Free Day!!

- Mali celebrates it's Independence Day today to commemorate its independence from France in 1960. Mali and its people celebrate Independence Day with parades, political speeches, performances of traditional dances and patriotic hymns. It's a bit of a mess right now in Mali so if you are planning on participating in the celebrations today....wear something bullet-proof!!

- Bulgaria is celebrating it's independence day today. Congratulations you guys!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
19th September 2012

international talk like a pirate day!!!

This has got to be the stupidest idea since the invention of Spam in a can.

What's next? 'Talk to everyone like they're babies' day?

How about 'Talk like a politician' day, also called 'Lie through your teeth' day.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

When is "int. Spam-in-an-Can-day" anyway??

Better brace yourself for the 22th of October......International Caps Lock day!!!!

Can't wait!! Whoopie.....

Peace

PS: That guy in your avatar, it's from "grumpy old men" isn't it? I understand why you choose it....
edit on 22-9-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I'm not getting much on this but we do have a "Talk Like William Shatner Day"!!

But that won't be around until March 22nd......

Will keep you updated.

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

When is "int. Spam-in-an-Can-day" anyway??

Well, it better not be on Wednesdays because I am NOT giving up my Prince Spaghetti Day!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I'm not getting much on this but we do have a "Talk Like William Shatner Day"!!

OH, look honey! He's trying to say William Shatner! Who's a good boy! You are! No, YOU ARE! Goo-goo gaga goo-goo.

Ugh, Baby Talk Day could get people killed...by ME!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Baby Talk Day

Nope....nothing.

I found:

- Talk Like Shakespeare Day

- Talk Like A Sports Celebrity Day

If you'd like I can start up an initiative to get Talk-Like-A-Baby-Day going. With the social media of today it should be a breeze....

Until then here's something to keep you occupied...

Peace
edit on 22-9-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

If you'd like I can start up an initiative to get Talk-Like-A-Baby-Day going. With the social media of today it should be a breeze....

Actually, can you get 'Talk like Sylvester the Cat Day' going? You know, to show some long overdue respect for those with a lisp, and of course to honor Sylvester.

Thankth tho much!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Easter is always Purple Chiten Day, since I was hatched out on that day
....from an easter egg

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
September 23rd 2012

- Attention all gamers, today in 1889 the Nintendo company is founded!! Happy 122th bithday Nintendo!!

- Today in 1932 the Kingdom of Hejaz and Nejd is renamed the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is the reason why today Saudis all over the world celebrate National Day. Have a good one.....

- Mozilla Firefox was "born" on this very day 10 years ago!!.......well actually it was Phoenix 0.1 but when looking for celebrations one should not be picky.

- Bisexuality Day...is it that time of year again?...yes it is!! Anybody can join in the festivities....

- All shintoists off the world, congratulation with Shubun no Hi. Not really a festive thing but it is the Autumn equinox and a day on which to honor one's ancestors and remember the dead.
(Interesting side note: Japan policy - when a national holiday falls on a Sunday, the next working day shall become a public holiday) I'll celebrate that idea
!!

Peace
edit on 23-9-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join