It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There has to be something we can celebrate today??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
18th September 2012

It is often overlooked that, being the worldwide community that we are, some of our fellow members might be celebrating something that the rest of us is missing out on.

So don't be selfish and share your celebration today!!

Here's a few...

- Today in 1870 Old Faithful got it's name, so I guess it's his (her?) birthday!! Happy birthday Old Faithful!!
- Today in 1919 The Netherlands gives women the right to vote. Yay!!
- Today in 1947 the NSA and CIA are born!! Happy birthday NSA and CIA.. (I wonder if there will be cake and funny hats today in Langley and Fort Meade?)
- Today in 1981 capital punishment was abolished France. I guess that's reason for a party if you were on that list.

So ATS, what are you celebrating today?

Peace

PS: whoops...forgot about that time difference.....again. 19th is coming up....
edit on 18-9-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
19th September 2012

Arrr "Blistering Barnacles!" me hearties, it be international talk like a pirate day!!! Should make fer some interest'n post'n today I'd say

Nay a lot o' celebrat'n today unless ye count th' discovery o' Ötzi th' Iceman in 1991 as a kind o' second birth fer poor old Ötzi. Which would make today his 3,321th birthday!! Happy birthday Ötzi!!!

O' course all New Zealand lasses fer hav'n th' salt-blastedly right t' vote since 1893!! Ye go lasses....

Italy be celebrat'n St. Januarius Day! Guess a lot o' traffic jams in New York today, statues have the-blistering right-of-way!!

Moscow Day in.....you guessed it....Moscow. Take it blistering easy on th' vodka ye guys!!

An' did ye know today be Independence Day!!.......in St. Kitts & Nevis.?? Say what? aye, St. Kitts & Nevis...it's somewhere in th' Caribbean. That's a lot o' happy pirates in one day!!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Its another day we are still alive. Cause for celebration every morning! I like where you are trying to go with this thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

Of course you mean:

Its 'nother day we be still blunderingly alive. Cause fer celebration ere morning! I like where ye be try'n t' go wi' this thread.

Arggggggg

PS: thanks.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
How about Leaf Ericsson day, we all know the Vikings got here before Columbus.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
How's about my 14th wedding anniversary

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Congratulations!!! 14 years!!

Big party?

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I learned of this day of celebration through modern media (aka SpongeBob Squarepants)

But was it today? Ahhhh...who care. Happy Leaf Ericsson day!!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Happy days!! It actually is National Cheeseburger Day....

Although it is already 23:13 in the evening here, I will prepare myself a cheeseburger now in honor of this festive day!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
www.checkiday.com...

A bunch of things today.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Thanks

But that site says it's the 18th, while we are already posting on the 19th......

Happy time travelers day!?

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Nope just a quiet one

Just happy to be together for a change

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have been celebrating the music of this man today. It is the anniversary of his death, but the life goes on immortal.

1970 UK Jimi Hendrix 18th Sept. 1970 : Jimi Hendrix died in London of a suspected drug overdose but the actual cause of death was he had asphyxiated in his own vomit, mainly red wine. Many do not realize that Hendrix did not make it his home country ( Born in Seattle, Washington, USA ) until he had made it internationally specifically in England and Europe. Only when he appeared at the Monterey International Pop Festival in 1967 did he gain a following in the US. Amongst the many accolades Hendrix has received Rolling Stone Magazine named Hendrix the Greatest Guitarist of All Time in 2003

And how about this, quite fitting don't you think?

1973 U.S.A. Jimmy Carter Files UFO Report 18th Sept. 1973 : Future President Jimmy Carter files a report with the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP), claiming he had seen an Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) in October

SOURCE - on this day....
edit on 18/9/2012 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
When's Toilet paper day???

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It's September 18 and it only comes once a year

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Thanks

But that site says it's the 18th, while we are already posting on the 19th......

Happy time travelers day!?

Peace

Still the 18th in the US

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
National Cheeseburger Day !!!

That's the second time I heard that today, it must be true!!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Happy ventriloquist day....................

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
21st September 2012

- Big day today.......if your a pagan. Apparently it's party time for all the pagans in the northern hemisphere as today is Mabon - Autumnal Equinox (Northern Hemisphere). Have a good one you guys!!

But that's not all, since they didn't want to leave out there brothers and sisters in the southern hemisphere, today is also Ostara - Spring Equinox (Southern Hemisphere). I reckon if you're a pagan and you life on the equator it's twice as good!

- Today in 1981 Belize is granted full independence from the United Kingdom thus giving way to independence day in Belize. activities include flag raising ceremonies, carnival and music making. Street dancing and the coronation of Miss San Pedro. So if your in the neighborhood, pop on over and have a blast.

- Ten years later, in 1991, Armenia also declared independence so both Belize and Armenia are celebrating their independence day today. Congratulations to all Armenians!

- Mala gospojina is celebrated today in Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Apparently they do not seem to have a shortage in stereo equipment!

- Did you know up until 1998 the Earth didn't have an official day of peace....me neither. Somebody did and declared today "Peace One Day". Let's make the most of it....

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join