It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Early Christian Text, Indicates Jesus May Have Been Married

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I always assumed that he would have had to been married.
How can he judge us for adultery if he was never married and never tempted by adultery?
It`s easy to be perfect if you are never faced with the temptation to do wrong.

he wouldn`t be qualified to pass judgement on us if he didn`t face all the temptations we face and not succumb to them.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
I always assumed that he would have had to been married.
How can he judge us for adultery if he was never married and never tempted by adultery?
It`s easy to be perfect if you are never faced with the temptation to do wrong.

he wouldn`t be qualified to pass judgement on us if he didn`t face all the temptations we face and not succumb to them.

He is here now if what you say is true.
It does make sense to me.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I heard about this on the CBS Evening News this evening. Of course those of us who have thoroughly researched the the stories and searched for the Grail already knew this. They had a daughter too, named Sarah, who married a French King, this beginning the bloodlines that run the world today.

Jesus Genealogy and The Meeting of Jesus and Nicodemus

The Rothschild Bloodline

Sinclair Bloodline

Real History, Dragon Philosophy and The Importance of Royal Bloodlines Monarchy

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

John 2:1-11 should be read before making a statement regarding it. Hint: It was not Jesus hosting.......

Jesus, when told that the wine was running low said to his mother..... "What have I to do with thee woman? My time is not yet come." (KJV) Doesn't really sound as if he cared to much about the wedding.
Jesus had brothers, perhaps one of their weddings?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

He does have a wife/bride. It's called the church. Many verses explain this outright.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

all written text (artifacts) from jesus was the size of a business card, hope you knew that
edit on 18-9-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I just heard the news and came over to ATS to see if I could find a post.
Thanks for posting and I find that phrase very interesting.

I think this is something that tends one to think that he is not a God, such as being as God of all living things. Such as that one original divine intelligent entity. That all supreme creator.

I think Jesus is a being that set the greatest of all examples for human kind and if so it would only be natural that he would be married because he is male. I think Jesus stood for the highest elevated level.,

I think christians that think of Jesus as being not married are thinking along the lines of a GOD equal to God the father of all living. I think Jesus does not want to be called The God. At least when I read James Padgett who claims that Jesus and many of his apostles visited telling him that the bible has a bunch of things wrong with it.

The one thing I LOVE about James Padgett, is that he didn't make money off his communications with Jesus.and his chosen. At least if you find James Padgett true. I really think people are going to find (in time) that the rapture, the second coming are not what they expect it to be. But I do think that Jesus is more than likely in the highest of realms on the other side as for as humans that ever lived on this earth.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

BOSTON – A Harvard University professor on Tuesday unveiled a fourth-century fragment of papyrus she said is the only existing ancient text quoting Jesus explicitly referring to having a wife.

Karen King, an expert in the history of Christianity, said the text contains a dialogue in which Jesus refers to "my wife," whom he identifies as Mary. King says the fragment of Coptic script is a copy of a gospel, probably written in Greek in the second century.

King helped translate and unveiled the tiny fragment at a conference of Coptic experts in Rome. She said it doesn't prove Jesus was married but speaks to issues of family and marriage that faced Christians.

Four words in the 1.5-by-3-inch(3.8-by-7.6-centimeter) fragment provide the first evidence that some early Christians believed Jesus had been married, King said. Those words, written in a language of ancient Egyptian Christians, translate to "Jesus said to them, my wife," King said in a statement.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

The fragment belongs to an anonymous private collector who contacted King to help translate and analyze it. Nothing is known about the circumstances of its discovery, but it had to have come from Egypt, where the dry climate allows ancient writings to survive and because it was written in a script used in ancient times there, King said.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Egypt started a riot with a movie now what????

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
I think this is something that tends one to think that he is not a God, such as being as God of all living things. Such as that one original divine intelligent entity. That all supreme creator.

You base that conclusion on a scrap that is smaller than a business card, is incomplete, has yet to be confirmed as an antiquity, and if it is, dates back to a time, in a place, in a language, not of Christianity, but of an offshoot with radically different views?

Put another way, this is comparable to someone finding a small scrap 1,600 years from now, written by a member of the John Birch Society, claiming that the president in 2010, Barack Obama, was a white man.

Not the same thing, obviously, but this is almost certainly just as false.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

It had to have come from Egypt, where the dry climate allows ancient writings to survive and because it was written in a script used in ancient times there, King said.
First a Egypt movie maker now ancient writings ........

Do they want use to go out in the street & burn building???
watch what you say about Jesus

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

All translated from a language that had many words for love, companion, friend, lover.... etc. The love you had for your pet was not the same love you had for a spouse. Not like in English were we love our kids, pets, food and spouse with the same word. Companion was not a wife in Greek. I think a few words have been lost in translation and meaning from Hebrew and the Greek.
I think people look to find a crack in the bible.... Have fun with that.

You'd think there would be more "proof" If he had a wife.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa

It had to have come from Egypt, where the dry climate allows ancient writings to survive and because it was written in a script used in ancient times there, King said.
First a Egypt movie maker now ancient writings ........

Well, I wouldn't read a whole lot into that -- Coptic Christians aren't Gnostics, and Gnostics weren't Egyptians (for the most part,) it's just that Nag Hammadi is the largest source of Gnostic documents, and they happened to have been translated from Greek into Coptic before being buried.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Christ had to have been pure otherwise the sacrifice would not have been made and there would be no redemption.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I don't think Mary Magdalene was a woman at all, I believe "she" was John the Baptist and John and Jesus were lovers.

Jesus had an apostle named John who he kissed regularly, this apostle was John the Baptist in my opinion. The writer of the book John and Revelations was also John the Baptist. I think the reason they almost entirely removed him from the story was because he was gay.

I'd even go as far as to say that "Jesus" was actually John, the Romans just switched his name out with Jesus. Both Jesus and John both had miraculous births around the same time and both escaped Herod from the same city while he was searching for Jesus. Coincidence? I don't think so.

The reason there is no historical evidence for Jesus until 100 years after he died is because Jesus never lived, it was John the Baptist who lived.

Same story, different name.

Why is John pointing at himself and the sky? Because he is the real Jesus. Why does he have feminine qualities? Because he was gay.

He also has almost the same smirk on his face as the Mona Lisa, almost like he knows something no one else knows about.

The Mona Lisa is speculated as being a self-portrait of Da Vinci and Da Vinci is speculated as being gay himself. Is his self-portrait as a woman with the same kind of smile as John the Baptist a hint to Johns sexuality? Maybe.

It may be a little out there but I like the speculation.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The bible is missing some twenty years of Jesus' life, so no reason to think he wasn't married.

That, or he spent a lot of time masturbating!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Exactly.

The document in question is not even a historically accurate source.

Professor King downplays the fragment's validity as a biographical document, saying that it was probably composed in Greek a century or so after the Crucifixion, then subsequently transcribed into Coptic.

If it were, this would have been the first historically accurate source for the mere existence of the biblical figure Jesus whatsoever.
edit on 18-9-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That has got to be the most idiotic post that I've seen on ATS.

The reason there is no historical evidence for Jesus until 100 years after he died is because Jesus never lived, it was John the Baptist who lived.

All of the texts of the New Testament are dated within 60 years of when Christ died, and the non-Christian, Josephus, also wrote of Christ's followers within that timeframe. There is zero evidence that "Jesus was John the Baptist", I can't even begin to guess where you're coming up with that.

You're basing all of this on your sexual perceptions of paintings made a thousand years after these people lived and died? Wow. Just... wow.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Oh boy, its going to be a rough week for US embassies all over the world.

First the muslims tried to burned down US embassies because some guy in California made a low budget video insulting the prophet Muhammed. Now, professors at America's most prestigious university are saying Jesus had a wife! I hope Christians don't riot...not.

In all seriousness, is there some middle ground. Maybe Jesus had a wife and lived a "normal" life for some time until he had his religious calling at which point he went celibate. The fact that Jesus had a wife is not fatal to Christianity. Many religious figures had wives. Most of the old testament figures like Moses, Abraham, etc. had wives and some had more than one wife. Muhammed had several wives.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Did I ever say it was true? I don't think I did.

Da Vinci was a very smart man and had very close ties to the Catholic church and was in the know about many things that not everyone knows. Why was the cross from 'John the Baptist' added in later by someone unknown? Because they were trying to take the focus away from John pointing to the sky.

He points to his chest saying "I am" and points to the sky saying "god". Who was Jesus supposedly? God.

That is my interpretation at least, I don't really care if you think it's stupid or not, I know you'll think it is because you believe what the church has taught.

One wonders why you seem to be so offended by something so "idiotic".
edit on 18-9-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Da Vinci was a very smart man and had very close ties to the Catholic church and was in the know about many things that not everyone knows. Why was the cross from 'John the Baptist' added in later by someone unknown? Because they were trying to take the focus away from John pointing to the sky.

He points to his chest saying "I am" and points to the sky saying "god". Who was Jesus supposedly? God.

So who's more likely to be up in the sky, gay people or space people? It's entirely possible he pointed to his chest saying "I am" while pointing to the sky saying "ET".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join