It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every picture tells a story.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So what's the story behind this one?

www.reuters.com...=35" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

* Please note, this isn't a post about race or racism, it's more about demographics and implied consent. What I ask you to focus on is how unusual the group of officers in the picture is when compared to other pictures from the same event. I believe the picture is a staged "photo op" to imply minority support for JP Morgan.*

The photo is from yesterdays Occupy Wall Street protests in NYC, this one was taken in the lobby of JP Morgan's building after protesters tossed confetti around the lobby.
I have seen a hundred Occupy pictures in the last year, NEVER have I seen a group of all black officers like this. Your mind will fight the logic, there is no way this was planned, no way a group of officers was hand picked based on the color of their skin. There is NO WAY someone planned this to look like Afro american police support and condone the actions of JP Morgan.
Prove me wrong. Show me another picture from that protest like this one.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Trublbrwing because: clarify post

edit on 18-9-2012 by Trublbrwing because: broken link

edit on 18-9-2012 by Trublbrwing because: broken link

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't get it, there are a group of black cops, what is the problem?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Um, I looked at the slideshow. There were police officers of multiple ethnic backgrounds. I'm trying to figure out what being black has to do with not being able to be a police officer doing his/her job. I'm a little confused here?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Interestingly, I didn't notice they were all black until after I read your whole post. Like the other posters here, I'm not sure of your point. And I don't think I want to delve any further into it.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnepropetrovsk
I don't get it, there are a group of black cops, what is the problem?

If you look at any other Occupy Wall Street photo there are different colored shirts (captains etc. in white shirts) and different color skin. You will see pictures with all white officers, all female officers, mixed gender, mixed races etc.
This is the first picture from those protests where a group of 7 police officers, all Afro american, are gathered in a circle like that. I honestly believe that was done on purpose, as a staged photo op to imply solidarity between minority groups and JP Morgan. It really is a difficult concept to get your head around but I think it was done to reinforce the stability of JP Morgan to investors who might otherwise be worried about civil disobedience.
"Look over here, a group of Afro american police offers are protecting your interests and enforcing our right to exploit the masses for financial gain."
What makes perfect sense to the people who think those kinds of tricks up, is completely insane to us, the fact that you don't "get it" simply proves you're a decent person.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Really, what point are you attempting to make here? Seriously, if photo 35/35 has significance to you, please explain, and in comparison, what would be your thoughts on photo 7/35.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Maybe what the OP is saying is... This is an attempt pushing race wars - to divide us?

Hey, don't beat me up, I'm just trying to help out a OP who seems passionate about a point. Wrong or right - We need to help our fellow ATS'ers - especially those who go out on a limb. Period.

If there's a mistake here let's find it - without judging the OP. Maybe there is something to this? If not - we can just walk on by, right? So, how about a little patience people?

I'm not saying crying the 'race card' is right - but there is enough frigged up stuff going around right now to take a closer look at EVERYTHING before judging. Remember - at this point? If you live in the USA? Until the 28th of this month? You can be detained - for anything. Indefinitely. Look here:

Obama wins right to indefinitely detain Americans under NDAA - Muslim Rage Distraction

peace

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Maybe what the OP is saying is... This is an attempt pushing race wars - to divide us?

No, if that was the case it would be white cops beating black people. white people never riot and trash their own neighborhoods over what black cops do.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Sorry, I wasn't really clear on the point apparently, I have added text to first post.
I believe it was a staged photo op to show implied consent and support of JP Morgan by an ethnic minority, this is based on the following.
1. This is the only photo from that day showing a group of EXCLUSIVELY black officers.
2. There were other officers present in an earlier photo of the same scene, where are they?
Please look at all 35 pictures, this one is highly unusual.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh
Um, I looked at the slideshow. There were police officers of multiple ethnic backgrounds. I'm trying to figure out what being black has to do with not being able to be a police officer doing his/her job. I'm a little confused here?

This isn't a race thing, it's a law of averages, possible scenario, random chance thing. The picture is a staged photo op to imply consent and support of JP Morgan by minority group.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Sorry, don't buy it.

In the chaos of the moment - arresting some peeps in the middle of a protest march - no way were they able to stage a photo op.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Also, there is a pic of all white officers, was that planned too?
edit on 9/18/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Hey, don't beat me up, I'm just trying to help out a OP who seems passionate about a point. Wrong or right - We need to help our fellow ATS'ers - especially those who go out on a limb. Period.

If there's a mistake here let's find it - without judging the OP. Maybe there is something to this? If not - we can just walk on by, right? So, how about a little patience people?

I'm not saying crying the 'race card' is right - but there is enough frigged up stuff going around right now to take a closer look at EVERYTHING before judging. Remember - at this point? If you live in the USA? Until the 28th of this month? You can be detained - for anything. Indefinitely. Look here:

Obama wins right to indefinitely detain Americans under NDAA - Muslim Rage Distraction

peace

Thank you, I appreciate the support and I will try to clarify it for everyone.
If you review the 35 pictures in the Reuters photo essay, or any other photo essay from that demonstration, this is the ONLY one I have seen with a group of exclusively black officers in the shot. If it helps take the stigmata of racism out of the equation (I don't support racism or condone it) imagine this is a group of all female, all Eskimo officers etc. If this was a normal occurrence, something that is not at all unusual, there would be other photos like it. There are not.
I believe it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE that this was a "staged photo op" with the intent being to show "Implied Consent" and 'Solidarity and Support" by minority groups with the activities and agenda of JP Morgan.
I believe this staged photo op, if that's what it is, also reinforces the perception that JP Morgan is supported by, and therefore safe from, civil disturbances due to socioeconomic factors.
I hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by InitiumArietis
Really, what point are you attempting to make here? Seriously, if photo 35/35 has significance to you, please explain, and in comparison, what would be your thoughts on photo 7/35.

The only thing I noticed in photo 7 was the smirk on the protesters face, and I also thought the female officer was kind of cute.
Compared to other photos in that series it isn't all that unusual, there are other photos with white officers, female officers, male and female officers etc. Photo 35 is the only one in that series, and the only OWS photo I have ever seen with a group of 7 exclusively Afro american officers in one scene.
I think the photo is staged to imply consent and support of JP Morgan's business practices by Afro Americans.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto
Sorry, don't buy it.

In the chaos of the moment - arresting some peeps in the middle of a protest march - no way were they able to stage a photo op.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Also, there is a pic of all white officers, was that planned too?
edit on 9/18/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

I know it's a difficult concept to swallow, I also know, based on the response, I'm the only person who feels this way.
I'm not going to keep selling the idea, as the thread has mercifully died a quick death, but please consider the following...
1. The protest has been on the calendar for quite some time, while chaos is the right term for the protest, being forewarned allowed them the opportunity to plan different scenarios well in advance. It is well within the realm of possibilities that certain officers were assigned to a particular building in advance.
2. As you pointed out, there is a picture of all white officers, in fact, there are several, but there is no other picture of all black officers. The photo stood out from the others because it was something I had never seen before in any of the protest photographs.
I would challenge you to find a similar picture among all the images of Occupy Wall Street, this includes the entire one year time span and all protest locations.

new topics

top topics

join