It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations Launches First Small Arms Control “Standards” While you were distracted....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think it's interesting that in these debates most people seem to ignore the number of illegal guns already on the streets. Enough to equip several small armies. It would take a while to get all of those out of circulation.

Maybe they're actually just trying to create another big black market as another revenue stream or ten. Money for gun runners and dealers, the task forces to hunt them down, the money made by private companies jailing them...

Or maybe one of the reasons for the camps is people who violently resist or protest stricter gun control.....

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

I'm not imposing laws on anybody; I just want to be left alone.

And so do the people that america and the UN keep trying to dictate. No one from america tried to help stop the gov disarming other countries ,but they scream like theyre being oppressed and dictated to when a law might affect an american person instead of some "lower class" society. You have no more right to weapons than anyone else.

I am against weapons being taken off the citizens but i hate hypocrisy. Everyone in the US was all for disarming people in OTHER countries, it didnt affect them so no one cared.. lol

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Time to buy more guns.

And then more after that. And ammunition.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666

And so do the people that america and the UN keep trying to dictate. No one from america tried to help stop the gov disarming other countries ,but they scream like theyre being oppressed and dictated to when a law might affect an american person instead of some "lower class" society. You have no more right to weapons than anyone else.

I am against weapons being taken off the citizens but i hate hypocrisy. Everyone in the US was all for disarming people in OTHER countries, it didnt affect them so no one cared.. lol

"Everyone in the US "
ALL 320 million of us?

I'm going to assume"you have dog in this fight": So who was disarmed by the U.S..? the"Brits"?
You're accosting me personally because we as a country didn't help you keep your gun rights??????
typical...

I'm going back to the thread where the comi-con superhero moron is using Japanese childrens cartoons as thinly veiled threats and insults..

(editby]edit on 19-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666

And so do the people that america and the UN keep trying to dictate. No one from america tried to help stop the gov disarming other countries

OH OH OH... So wait, now YOU WANT American intervention??????????????????????

feel that?Did theIQ just drop in the room?

Well Make up your mind: "Sunny -Jim"

but they scream like theyre being oppressed and dictated to when a law might affect an american person instead of some "lower class" society. You have no more right to weapons than anyone else.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Time to buy more guns.

That's exactly what they want you to do. The gun industry is booming lately thanks to propaganda about the big bad government taking your precious weapons away from you which isn't going to happen.

Ever.

Good job on feeding an industry designed to exploit.

Perhaps a few less muggers and rapists in the system
..Win..win...

Good joke, but this is serious I thought.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think I will go down to Gander Mountain and buy me a 50 cal.

Just for fun of course

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

You are correct. Most will give up there arms and surrender there rights to avoid being killed but it's the small pockets of resistance over a long period of time that fight the cell oriented operations that make the true insurgency difference. And those that fal within that statistic are well trained and well prepared for such events if they unfold. It does in the end make all of the enduring difference. History of war and invasion has proven it time and time again just in the 20th century alone.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Time to buy more guns.

That's exactly what they want you to do. The gun industry is booming lately thanks to propaganda about the big bad government taking your precious weapons away from you which isn't going to happen.

Ever.

Good job on feeding an industry designed to exploit.

Perhaps a few less muggers and rapists in the system
..Win..win...

Good joke, but this is serious I thought.

I am serious gun sales are not BAD as you implied.
Economic activity of any kind is sorely needed in this country.
Criminals get their "comeuppance";I have little empathy for miscreants...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011
reply to post by LeSigh

You are correct. Most will give up there arms and surrender there rights to avoid being killed but it's the small pockets of resistance over a long period of time that fight the cell oriented operations that make the true insurgency difference. And those that fal within that statistic are well trained and well prepared for such events if they unfold. It does in the end make all of the enduring difference. History of war and invasion has proven it time and time again just in the 20th century alone.

3% of the colonist actively participated in the revolutionary war against the most powerful modern military of the time..

he Three Percent in 1775.

During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Three Percenters today do not claim that we represent 3% of the American people, although we might. That theory has not yet been tested. We DO claim that we represent at least 3% of American gun owners, which is still a healthy number somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 million people. History, for good or ill, is made by determined minorities. We are one such minority. So too are the current enemies of the Founders' Republic. What remains, then, is the test of will and skill to determine who shall shape the future of our nation.

The Three Percent today are gun owners who will not disarm, will not compromise and will no longer back up at the passage of the next gun control act. Three Percenters say quite explicitly that we will not obey any further circumscription of our traditional liberties and will defend ourselves if attacked. We intend to maintain our God-given natural rights to liberty and property, and that means most especially the right to keep and bear arms. Thus, we are committed to the restoration of the Founders' Republic, and are willing to fight, die and, if forced by any would-be oppressor, to kill in the defense of ourselves and the Constitution that we all took an oath to uphold against enemies foreign and domestic.

We are the people that the collectivists who now control the government should leave alone if they wish to continue unfettered oxygen consumption. We are the Three Percent. Attempt to further oppress us at your peril.

To put it bluntly, leave us the hell alone.

Or, if you feel froggy, go ahead AND WATCH WHAT HAPPENS.

sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Good luck to them, revolutionary/civil war II. We'll probably wipe each other out making it easier for china to take what they payed for.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Or rather, you should go through Alexander Arms, and get their .50 Beowolf upper for the AR platform.
Then with other uppers for your AR you could shoot whatever round you can find.

If the S ever HTF, ammo will become quite the commodity. Just saying...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

Perhaps, we have both mis-understood each other then.
My guesses were based on very similar responses, I've encountered on other threads.

My argument is that, while it's obvious that the world's media loves to pitch one nation against another, the truth of the matter, is that the vast majority of humanity, is human. We enjoy the same right to life, liberty and the pursuit of hapiness, as any of our fellow humans.

The atrocities, commited by a handful of religious zealots, who reside in every nation, do not portray the common views of those nations, regardless of what the media depicts.

I, happen to be American. I see, first hand, what takes place in my country. I don't have the luxury of seeing it, through another country's newscasts. Therefore, it is difficult to understand the animosity, that I feel from residents of other lands.

How I see my own views, are definitely right, in my eyes. But, without all of the knowledge and specifics, I can see how someone from another country could take offense, by them.

Rest assured, we believe in the same thing! No law-abiding citizen, in this nation wants criminals to have guns. But making them more difficult to obtain and possess for those that do follow the law, has virtually NO affect, on those that do not!

Bad guys will acquire whatever it is that they want, when they want it. Guns = power. Bad guys like to feel powerful. They like to incite fear, and cause the strong and weak alike, to cower to their unpredictable ways.

But, power mind you, is a drug that is not exclusively reserved for the lawless. It can also be craved by people that have been put into positions of representation, to the masses.

And that, is the biggest reason that Americans want to continue to maintain our personal arms.

The one ideology, that separates good guys with guns, and bad guys with them, is this:
The good guys, reserve and respect the power, that a gun gives them. We maintain it to defend our liberties and our way of life, from those who would take it, on a whim. It is in our ideals to reserve and preserve.
Whereas, the evil that dwells among us, simply wants to conquer and destroy. It's that evil, that marches against humanity, that we should be eradicating. Not the tools that those who seek to defend our freedoms, employ.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Gun control means using both hands...
Criminals are callecd criminals because they violate the law.
Law abiding citizens are called that because they comply with the law.
Gun control only affects those individuals who comply with the law and not criminals.

Gun control laws, regardless of how draconian they are made, will not apply to criminals. If we look at countries where the penalty for drug possession is death we can learn something. In those countries, where there is no real due process or innocent until proven guilty, still have people, who know the outcome, break the law.

If the President and his senior officals are stating there is no need for guns in the US then they should renounce their Secret Service / armed security protections they get now.

The position this administration takes re minds me of Roise Odonnell and her idiotic views on the topic. She took Tom Selleck to task on her show a few years back over gun ownership and who should and should not have them. What the loud mouth whale failed to disclose was her own security detail and the fact they are armed.

So long as they have people who have guns protecting them, this administration could care less about individual rights. So long as their actions / decisions do not apply to them they are content.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is an interesting topic, i must look more into it as soon as i return home to my computer.

Marking this now to remind me later

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Your a fool . That is all

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join