It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations Launches First Small Arms Control “Standards” While you were distracted....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
reply to post by Consequence

What? are you not reading with your eyes open?
These are expensivethings to implement....very exxpensive...whos gonna pay for all this paperwork?
Not the UN, Not the goverments....

The issue of cost was not taken up in the OP to which I replied.

This will cost BILLIONS OF DOLLARS!!

Really? How does the budget look if you break it down a little for me?

We fund them, we fight their battles,

As do all UN-members..?
What possibly separates the U.S from most of them is that they start new wars, sometimes without approval of the UN, sometimes with approval but the reasons turned out to be blatant lies.

and we are NOT gonna support this NWO clone organisation any longer!

Who's "we" and how are you going to proceed?

edit on 19-9-2012 by Consequence because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2012 by Consequence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

It's simple. Pro-gun Americans, generally don't feel that the Gov't is planning a mass raid on all gun owners.
But we won't put it past them to attempt to tax guns and ammunition out of existence, or at least beyond the pocketbook of most buyers.
The cost alone, involved with the recent attempt to serialize ALL new ammunition made in the U.S. would have been tremendously expensive to implement. And the additional fees incurred by such, would have landed squarely on the shoulders of the consumer.
Not to mention, the logistics of trying to secure tracking data, on the tens of millions of rounds of ammo, loaded every year, by hundreds of thousands of folks who load their own.
What the anti-gun crowd can't seem to get through their head, though, is the blatant differences between the law-abiding, and the law-breakers, when it comes to compliance. Because ANY and ALL laws that continue to undermine the 2nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution, absolutely WILL NOT APPLY to those who don't abide by them!
And, they are the ones that you should be worried about!
NOT, the millions of Americans who are simply exercising their God-given liberties, and view those liberties as sacred and necessary, to the continuation of our Freedoms and our Country's way of life.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

That was then and this is now. States have passed their own bills that WILL NOT allow the UNLAWFUL cofinscation of our guns, no matter who it is. Partner, you might want to consider moving to Texas.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

When the Chinese come to claim their property they won't have the former homeowners firing on them.

I dont see the citizens firing on the banks so why would they fire on the Chinese. Estimated a million children now homeless in the US and still the people do nothing...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
All I see happening as a result of these dumb initiatives is that. 1. the UN will piss off and lose the support of many Americans. 2. many American politicians will become politically bankrupt.

Never happen without a constitutional reform. That will not happen. They would sooner be able to just abolish the constitution instead of side stepping it.

I dare them.....it would royally screw them.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I am so tired of the bs in this country We all need to work together and find a way to impeach Obama and rewrite the government, constitution & laws every American should be working hard at this instead of the majority watching jersey shore or American idle

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
But we won't put it past them to attempt to tax guns and ammunition out of existence, or at least beyond the pocketbook of most buyers.

So, if the prices of guns and ammunition continues to be affordable, then that is not a problem?

The cost alone, involved with the recent attempt to serialize ALL new ammunition made in the U.S. would have been tremendously expensive to implement. And the additional fees incurred by such, would have landed squarely on the shoulders of the consumer.

Again, I don't know how much this will end up costing for the individual gun-owner, but yes, the reality is that things cost.

What the anti-gun crowd can't seem to get through their head, though, is the blatant differences between the law-abiding, and the law-breakers, when it comes to compliance.

The whole point is to make it harder for criminals to deal, and get hold of, guns.
Just like with cars.

Because ANY and ALL laws that continue to undermine the 2nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution, absolutely WILL NOT APPLY to those who don't abide by them!

Again, the point is to try manage the criminal side. It has nothing to do with expecting criminals to follow the law. Just like with cars. I hope you understand that.

Yes, that's the whole reason for this.

NOT, the millions of Americans who are simply exercising their God-given liberties, and view those liberties as sacred and necessary, to the continuation of our Freedoms and our Country's way of life.

God hasn't given any liberties to the citizens of the U.S. Mainly because there is no God. Second, the country was created by people who used guns to take what wasn't rightfully theirs and then wrote a bunch of laws.
An amendment among the same lines (that you are again free to take over a country with guns) is a very violent way of going about things.

The world is a bit more civilized today and there's nothing wrong with adapting to it. You live, you learn, you adjust.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

Once the people see whats occuring in one city.....it wont be so easy in the next....you would be very surprised.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
reply to post by Maxatoria

Most guns arent american made. They try to hide it. Even the military uses berettas

Made under licence in the USA.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666

Originally posted by jibeho
Yes, The UN arms treaty is still alive... it's been kicking for 10 years and they will not give up until they take our guns...

Didn't know the UN could write laws for the U.S.....

They can write laws for everyone else,why not the USA??

We're not anybody's "subjects". The rest of the world can p***-off.."Our fore fathers took a beating for us fighting for that status.

in other words:" because Homey don't play 'dat"

edit on 18-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

Nobody is anybodys subjects. The people of USA are no better people than anyone else in the world. And should not be above the laws that they are so keen to impose on others..

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

I'm not imposing laws on anybody; I just want to be left alone.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
But obama answers directly to the un. Who else would he answer to if we kick them out?

Bingo!!!! The UN has their puppet in the White House. The UN is a failure and a front org. for a larger purpose

Two words...

Obama Doctrine

Obama unabashedly clings to the idea that we should act, even when our vital interests are concerned, only through the U.N. and with broad consensus. That idea is crippling by itself and compounded by the attachment to the UN.

Has the UN really been successful at ending any major conflict or crimes against humanity in the past??

Has it stopped wars and ethnic cleansing such as in the former Yugoslav republics or in Somalia or Sudan? It has not. Nor has it done anything to stop the bloodshed in Syria or during the other Arab uprisings. Zilch!! And the UN now wants to get involved in US politics... They've been alerted before regarding certain states immigration laws and bogus claims of voter rights violations. We're on the UN radar on at least 3 fronts.

Looking specifically at Obama's and the UN pressure for Assad to step down in Syria you have to wonder what is going through Assad's mind when you consider the recent fate of Gadahfi and Mubarek... His power is the only thing keeping him alive and the Russian threat is the only thing keeping the airstrikes at bay... He's not going to comply with the UN or with Obama. Not a snowballs chance in hell..

Furthermore, consider that Iran was named to the 15 member UN Arms Trade Treaty committee. IRAN!! The same country who arms and supplies Hezbollah to the hilt and also arms Syria and a variety of terror cells. All that and they sit on this committee!!! of all the member nations, Iran is selected and they expect Obama to sign off on this treaty. Anyone raise an eyebrow yet???

The Obama Doctrine has failed and the world is on fire, US flags are burning and our consulates are under attack. Just like the UN has wanted...Cripple the power and influence of the US and other powerful nations.

Time to bust the UN and break it up and most importantly we need a president whose policies do not connect with the UN agenda... We need policies that are the BEST for America and its citizens...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence

So, if the prices of guns and ammunition continues to be affordable, then that is not a problem?

Again, I don't know how much this will end up costing for the individual gun-owner, but yes, the reality is that things cost.

What the anti-gun crowd can't seem to get through their head, though, is the blatant differences between the law-abiding, and the law-breakers, when it comes to compliance.

The whole point is to make it harder for criminals to deal, and get hold of, guns.
Just like with cars.

Because ANY and ALL laws that continue to undermine the 2nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution, absolutely WILL NOT APPLY to those who don't abide by them!

Again, the point is to try manage the criminal side. It has nothing to do with expecting criminals to follow the law. Just like with cars. I hope you understand that.

Yes, that's the whole reason for this.

God hasn't given any liberties to the citizens of the U.S. Mainly because there is no God. Second, the country was created by people who used guns to take what wasn't rightfully theirs and then wrote a bunch of laws.
An amendment among the same lines (that you are again free to take over a country with guns) is a very violent way of going about things.

The world is a bit more civilized today and there's nothing wrong with adapting to it. You live, you learn, you adjust.

Well with that attitude you better learn to duck quick.

Second madatory BS line

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Based on your responses, it's obvious to me, that you are not American, and you have no idea of the correlation between gun ownership and civility.

Add to this, your atheism, and it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to see what side of the political spectrum, you reside on.

You speak to others being open to advancements in civilization and modern theologies but you readily dismiss one that's thousands of years old, documented, and strongly believed in by the majority of citizens, of the United States?

Me thinks, that you are most likely British, and that you and yours are still butt-hurt from the last time we used our personal guns to defend ourselves against a foreign nation.

But, I could be wrong, and you could just be another tree-hugging liberal, who thinks the world should cater to their views of how the world should be, because you are smarter than us, and know what's best...

Either way, debate is obviously not the reason you chose to enter this particular conversation, so I'll bid you adieu.

I've got plenty of brick walls to converse with, locally.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The problem isn't just the UN....it is an agenda that involves our own State Dept and goes back to 1961 (Freedom from War, Disarmament Series, Publication 7277, 1961).

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Based on your responses, it's obvious to me, that you are not American

That is correct, I am not American. What difference does that make?

, and you have no idea of the correlation between gun ownership and civility.

Yes I do.
What do you think my stance is regarding the right to own guns?

Add to this, your atheism, and it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to see what side of the political spectrum, you reside on.

What does my religion have to do with this? All I said was that God did not create U.S, and therefore it might be a good idea not to mix that into this topic.
Your way of formulating that previous sentence, it seems like you consider yourself to be "more right" than the next person based on a belief on something that does not exist, as well as you being very hostile towards political opposition rather than actually arguing on why one road is better than the other.
Also, I doubt you know where on the political spectrum I happen to be.

You speak to others being open to advancements in civilization and modern theologies but you readily dismiss one that's thousands of years old, documented, and strongly believed in by the majority of citizens, of the United States?

Yes, it is not for nothing why the religious people in the U.S are called the Taliban of the west. They always manage to mix religion, politics and the U.S into one lovely mess.
Reading scriptures that are both thousands of years old and have been written down after several hundred years of word of mouth after the life of Jesus Christ, and then assembled and edited by a smaller group of priests and then interpreted in many different ways, yes, it could be called slightly "backwards".
This is off-topic, though.

Me thinks, that you are most likely British, and that you and yours are still butt-hurt from the last time we used our personal guns to defend ourselves against a foreign nation.

Nope, sorry.

But, I could be wrong, and you could just be another tree-hugging liberal, who thinks the world should cater to their views of how the world should be, because you are smarter than us, and know what's best...

Tree-hugging liberal? Sounds like you might have different definitions of things over there. Or maybe it's just you?
But no, I'm not a liberal. Not that this is on-topic either.

Either way, debate is obviously not the reason you chose to enter this particular conversation, so I'll bid you adieu.

On the contrary, I've asked very relevant questions and remarked on things that were off-topic.
Unlike your post to me that only made assumptions of my religion, nationality, political orientation and whatever you could come up with that had nothing to do with this thread.

I've got plenty of brick walls to converse with, locally.

Looks like one wall was missing then. You're welcome.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh

Originally posted by 369821
All I can say is good luck with that. Mess with an Americans guns or his/her rights to own, carry possess one and youre begging for some serious trouble.

That didn't work so well for homeowners with firearms during Hurricane Katrina. People talk big, but when you're confronted with a bunch of military guys booting your door in to confiscate your guns- you either do what they ask or they will shoot to kill. They've done it once. It was extremely successful. They won't have any trouble doing it again.

I lived through that. I was almost killed by a 3rd time violent offender who was let out on parole just before the storm. I had to get over 10,000 dollars worth of surgery in Texas. I didn't own a gun then. I do now. Take my gun? I don't think so. It will be well hidden when they come knocking.

Plus there are many good homemade guns and weapons people can make thats just as effective as mas produced guns. - and they are all currently legal to make and own.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Perhaps, we have both mis-understood each other then.
My guesses were based on very similar responses, I've encountered on other threads.

My argument is that, while it's obvious that the world's media loves to pitch one nation against another, the truth of the matter, is that the vast majority of humanity, is human. We enjoy the same right to life, liberty and the pursuit of hapiness, as any of our fellow humans.

The atrocities, commited by a handful of religious zealots, who reside in every nation, do not portray the common views of those nations, regardless of what the media depicts.

I, happen to be American. I see, first hand, what takes place in my country. I don't have the luxury of seeing it, through another country's newscasts. Therefore, it is difficult to understand the animosity, that I feel from residents of other lands.

How I see my own views, are definitely right, in my eyes. But, without all of the knowledge and specifics, I can see how someone from another country could take offense, by them.

Rest assured, we believe in the same thing! No law-abiding citizen, in this nation wants criminals to have guns. But making them more difficult to obtain and possess for those that do follow the law, has virtually NO affect, on those that do not!

Bad guys will acquire whatever it is that they want, when they want it. Guns = power. Bad guys like to feel powerful. They like to incite fear, and cause the strong and weak alike, to cower to their unpredictable ways.

But, power mind you, is a drug that is not exclusively reserved for the lawless. It can also be craved by people that have been put into positions of representation, to the masses.

And that, is the biggest reason that Americans want to continue to maintain our personal arms.

The one ideology, that separates good guys with guns, and bad guys with them, is this:
The good guys, reserve and respect the power, that a gun gives them. We maintain it to defend our liberties and our way of life, from those who would take it, on a whim. It is in our ideals to reserve and preserve.
Whereas, the evil that dwells among us, simply wants to conquer and destroy. It's that evil, that marches against humanity, that we should be eradicating. Not the tools that those who seek to defend our freedoms, employ.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Nothing the un passes will trump any part of our Constitution so these standards are useless toward disarming American citizens. Governments everywhere better listen and listen good you WILL NOT be able to disarm us
we know our guns are what keep us free and we will destroy anyone who is stupid enough to consider crossing the line.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Folks - this is already happening, President Obama has already signed on to this. I suggest that you go down to your local Gun Shop (not Wal Mart or the big box stores), and ask how easy it is for the shop owner to get AMMUNITION. That shop owner will tell you that he isn't able to get 9mm ammunition - because ALL 9mm ammo production for the next 3 years has ALREADY been reserved for another buyer..... if that shop owner asks his supplier about other calibers he will be told that the same thing will be occurring shortly with 30-06 (7.62mm), .357, .45, and other higher caliber ammo. Since the administration understands that gun restrictions are extremely unpopular, they are attempting to make the point moot by restricting ammunition. BUY RELOADER KITS AND LEARN HOW TO USE THEM - SAVE ALL YOUR BRASS !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join