It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations Launches First Small Arms Control “Standards” While you were distracted....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
We need to kick the U.N. out of the country. They cost too much and work against us behind the scenes. Send them to Russia. Let them take care of them.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
But obama answers directly to the un. Who else would he answer to if we kick them out?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Check that out for some details about this situation.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Kratos1220 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 369821

clearly you've been living under a rock for a while now, but in case you haven't noticed you barely have any rights left lmfao

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
7 out of 10 Americans own more than one firearm. Over 330 million Americans, that's a lot of firepower in the hands of the population. Every thread like this, cause's folks like me to stand tall, support the Constitution, my 2nd Amendment rights. And purchase as much as I can.

I had a old friend tell me one time." Hell" let em come get the ones in the house" The first time you see some violence in the "taking of our arms" You'll see a lot of folks grow a pair and take up arms. If you don't have one, I'm sure we can find you something to use. I agree with the other poster, when you pry it from my cold dead hand, then you can have it.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
so when are the cops going to disarm? the un?military?hum, i smell a rat.look at ows.women pulled by the hair,by who?yes,cops.gas,stun guns,pepper spray.i think the world is not there yet for usa to disarm,do that and it is all lost.nwo will have a field day.it is as of now they do what ever they feel like.oh! lets not forget the american a ok to kill and lock up indefenetlly. it is no mistake that right was put in there,even in todays world we have the need for it.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Or maybe, they want to take our weapons away, so that when the UN or something else takes over the world and starts to change all the laws/ our rights... they will have the guns, and we will have nothing but sticks and stones. Therefore we wont be able to have any militia/resistance to fight back.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The police are very brave when they have a clear advantage. When the chips are down and they find themselves pitted against a "unit" of veterans as well armed as them they will not be very bold. A classic example would be the stand off the feds had with the indians at pine ridge back in the 70s. The feds brought in M113 APCs and M60 machine guns after several dozen indians (Vietnam vets among them) with scoped 30-06s and mini14s told the FBI to take a hike. The two sides watched each other for about two months before everybody just went home.

We saw it again with the branch davidians. The feds rolled in, got shot all to pieces and retreated a mile away and set up a road block for months. Scared to go in they just burned the place down.

Police have good tactical superiority 99% of the time, but operationally they are very fragile. They go home and sleep in an unsecured location every night, they have to travel unsecured roads, their vehicles are not guarded well, their operational facilities are not well hardened, often their aircraft sit in civilian hangars unguarded, they use volatile gasoline rather than diesel in all their vehicles. In other words they are designed to take on isolated situations, not to defeat an enemy force that seeks to engage and destroy them. Veterans and any other savvy adversary would take advantage of these weaknesses and would leave them cowering in fear.

If the government tries to confiscate guns they will have to find another way than police and they know it. That is why they'll do it by just making life hard on gun owners. They won't take your gun. They'll make life so difficult that most will turn in their guns. No drivers license or tag renewals until you have turned in your registered weapons, or stiff property taxes for those who want to keep guns, or some other red tape.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Loon3yToOns

You are correct, our rights are being taken away. But guess what...nobody has come banging on my door asking for or demanding my weapons.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Smith & Wesson just called, they wanted to say "Thank you" for this thread. Their business is booming more than ever.

It's funny, whenever there's even a hint of gun control being an issue, firearms purchases rise. If they really want gun control in the US, perhaps they ought to sierra tango foxtrot uniform. It would be more effective.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by jibeho

Smith & Wesson just called, they wanted to say "Thank you" for this thread. Their business is booming more than ever.

It's funny, whenever there's even a hint of gun control being an issue, firearms purchases rise. If they really want gun control in the US, perhaps they ought to sierra tango foxtrot uniform. It would be more effective.

Gun sales are huge these last several years. The less expensive M4s ($600-$800) sell as fast as they are delivered to gun shops. We're talking tens of thousands a month are being bought up. My favorite local gun shop buys as many as the manufacturers can provide every month and three weeks out of the month he is sold out unless you're looking for an $1100 version. Behind M4s that shops' second biggest sellers are 1911s. I'll bet online ammo sales are in the millions of rounds per month.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Erectus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Yes, The UN arms treaty is still alive... it's been kicking for 10 years and they will not give up until they take our guns...

Didn't know the UN could write laws for the U.S.....

They can write laws for everyone else,why not the USA??

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

In order for this to be put into effect in the US the constitution of the US has to be amended to take US rights to own arms and guess what is not going to happen any time soon.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by jibeho

In order for this to be put into effect in the US the constitution of the US has to be amended to take US rights to own arms and guess what is not going to happen any time soon.

Why do you think it wont b done anytime soon ? If they want to do it , its going to be done whether we like it , whether it is unconstitutional , or not. Since when have they followed the constitution ?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666

Originally posted by jibeho
Yes, The UN arms treaty is still alive... it's been kicking for 10 years and they will not give up until they take our guns...

Didn't know the UN could write laws for the U.S.....

They can write laws for everyone else,why not the USA??

We're not anybody's "subjects". The rest of the world can p***-off.."Our fore fathers took a beating for us fighting for that status.

in other words:" because Homey don't play 'dat"

edit on 18-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

Well is something that you are taking for granted, the will of the people in the US to give away their right to guns.

Is one thing that our corrupted corporate dictatorship do not dare to touch "yet" that is our rights to own arms.

edit on 18-9-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666

reply to post by jibeho

Why do you think it wont b done anytime soon ? If they want to do it , its going to be done whether we like it , whether it is unconstitutional , or not. Since when have they followed the constitution ?

Because that IS THE trigger. Then there's no more namby pamby filthy lawyer worded b.s.. Their intentions to force their tyranny become plain and inexcusable.and even the most introspective reluctant patriot will have"skin" in the game. and little to lose.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by phroziac
Time to buy more guns.

Grandma used to tell me:"Sonny; Don't keep all your eggs in one basket"...

You never know when somebody will inadvertently knock it off the counter..

I read that as buy more guns.

He means just don't keep all your guns in one place, otherwise when they take them you wont have any. Bury some on or off your property in a place that's easy to get too and leave a couple decoys in house for them to take when the time comes.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

What? are you not reading with your eyes open?
These are expensivethings to implement....very exxpensive...whos gonna pay for all this paperwork?
Not the UN, Not the goverments....
This will cost BILLIONS OF DOLLARS!!
I say spend the billions on a supply of weapons and ammo and lets go kick the UN off the NORTH AMERICAN CONTINENT.!
We fund them, we fight their battles, and we are NOT gonna support this NWO clone organisation any longer!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

Yeah, it sounds good on paper, but the Constitution was in full effect, when New Orleans was disarmed, after Katrina. The Feds aren't always stupid. They know they can get around those pesky amendments, when they want to.

I don't see them coming for our guns anytime soon, but I don't squirt syrup all over our politicians and call them sweet, either.
The problem is, it's not our electeds, that we have to worry about. It's the "politically correct" crowd, and their world agenda, that we need be concerned with.
The world's media has been portraying the U.S. as a bunch of beer-guzzling, gun-toting yahoos, that eat too much and like to piss on little puppies, and that's a conservative view...
They are the ones whose voice has been increasingly detrimental to the erosion of our rights...
The squeaky wheel, and all that garbage.
We need to re-obtain control of our great Country, and eradicate the greedy, power grabbing, fame-whores, who proliferate our political landscape.
Then and only then, will we able to change the minds of the world, and convince them that America is not about what they've been told.
edit on 9/18/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: I can...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join