It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations Launches First Small Arms Control “Standards” While you were distracted....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yes, The UN arms treaty is still alive... it's been kicking for 10 years and they will not give up until they take our guns...

Now they have broken it up into smaller easier to pass and conceal pieces (33 pieces and 800pages). Problem is, that once it comes out the other end it is still one giant turd aimed at controlling US citizens in a sovereign and civilized nation.. Didn't know the UN could write laws for the U.S.....

n late August, an umbrella organization of 23 separate U.N. agencies known as the Coordinating Action on Small Arms (CASA) adopted the first portion of International Small Arms Control Standards (ISACS). The ISACS text is made up of 33 separate modules, some 800 pages in total. So far, eight modules have been adopted as the result of a process begun in the spring.
“Sadly, SAAMI is forced to conclude that ISACS has and will continue to fail in the creation of clear and effective guidance because of breaches in standards-setting protocols, and dogmatic adherence to unsubstantiated assumptions, agendas and biases,” Patterson said in a March statement before a U.N. committee working on the matter.

In another statement delivered at an Aug. 29 U.N. conference at the U.N., Patterson described ISACS as “. . . nothing more than a platform for adoption and pseudo-legitimization of the ‘wish lists’ of special interest groups.”

Read more: dailycaller.com...

What's next??

Recently, CASA has decided to embark upon developing international standards for small arms control just as the UN system has done with landmines (the International Mine Action Standards) and DD&R (IDDRS). UNODA is the designated focal point of CASA.

www.poa-iss.org...

It is still in its infancy but here is the plan
www.smallarmsstandards.org...

Why target the US??

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Why target the US??

When the Chinese come to claim their property they won't have the former homeowners firing on them.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
All I can say is good luck with that. Mess with an Americans guns or his/her rights to own, carry possess one and youre begging for some serious trouble.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
All I can say is good luck with that. Mess with an Americans guns or his/her rights to own, carry possess one and youre begging for some serious trouble.

That didn't work so well for homeowners with firearms during Hurricane Katrina. People talk big, but when you're confronted with a bunch of military guys booting your door in to confiscate your guns- you either do what they ask or they will shoot to kill. They've done it once. It was extremely successful. They won't have any trouble doing it again.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Time to buy more guns.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Could you tell me which parts are worrying?
And no, the intention is not to "target" the U.S population.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I doubt it'll affect Americans right to buy/own/go rooting, tooting and a shootin other than if the gun you want is made abroad it make take a bit more paperwork to get it into the country but since that will probably be certain import companies they'll just adjust their ordering patterns to cope with the new rules and other than a few weeks of shortages when the system goes live and everyone gets to know the new paperwork there will probably be zero difference to the average Joe walking in and doing business as they do now
edit on 18-9-2012 by Maxatoria because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Time to buy more guns.

Grandma used to tell me:"Sonny; Don't keep all your eggs in one basket"...

You never know when somebody will inadvertently knock it off the counter..
edit on 18-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I personally don't own a gun, but I have many friends that do and that is within their rights. If there ever comes a time where the only people who have access to guns are our world governments, I would be worried. Also, I live in S.C. and I believe we would secede from the U.S. again before we would allow anyone to come take our guns away. Not trying to sound like your stereotypical redneck, but that's the truth of the matter. We take our constitutional rights pretty seriously down here.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

They want our POTUS to sign off on this. That's why they have been crafting and recrafting this "treaty" for the past 10 years. This is a gateway measure. Beware of these gateways and all that is attached to them...

This part has yet to be written

03.30 National controls over the access of civilians to small arms and light weapons

But it's on the agenda

So is marking and tracing of weapons in matter that they see fit..

This document provides guidance on adequate marking and recordkeeping of small arms, light
weapons, their parts, components and ammunition. It covers technical aspects of marking, as well as
effective recordkeeping infrastructure, for use at the national level in support of the national tracing
system.
This document is intended to help States adopt and implement measures to ensure that small arms
and light weapons, their parts, components and ammunition, are adequately marked and to encourage
the small arms and light weapons manufacturing industry to assist in developing means of protecting
against the removal and alteration of markings.

We already tried this with "fast and furious"/ "gun walker"

This document is intended to help States establish or improve their marking and recordkeeping
systems so that they are better able to identify, and help other States identify, the source of illicit small
arms and light weapons and their ammunition.

They also want to mark individual rounds of ammunition....

They also want to trace the complete history and path of a weapon. Just like the title of a vehicle.

For each individual small arm and light weapon under the jurisdiction of a State, records of the
following information, where applicable in each instance, shall be maintained:

ownership information (names, addresses and license numbers of owners, as well as dates of
ownership, up until the point that the weapon leaves the jurisdiction of the State, e.g. through
export, destruction, etc.).

Records relating to the manufacture of small arms and light weapons (see Clause 6.2.1.1) shall be
maintained for at least 30 years, and should be maintained indefinitely.
All other records, including those relating to the import and export of small arms and light weapons,
shall be maintained for at least 20 years, and should be maintained indefinitely.

INdefintely!!

That's all they have so far.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Most guns arent american made. They try to hide it. Even the military uses berettas

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Time to buy more guns.

Grandma used to tell me:"Sonny; Don't keep all your eggs in one basket"...

You never know when somebody will inadvertently knock it off the counter..

I read that as buy more guns.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Gadzooks, not the dreaded UN! Whatever shall we do!

The only thing this will do is put more money into the pockets of the arms and ammunition industry. "gots to buy more guns 'afore those pinkos a come a knockin'

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Consequence

They want our POTUS to sign off on this. That's why they have been crafting and recrafting this "treaty" for the past 10 years. This is a gateway measure. Beware of these gateways and all that is attached to them...

Of course, it's hard to agree on a stance without the involved countries signing the papers, no?
That is not a part of the answer to my question.

So is marking and tracing of weapons in matter that they see fit..

This document provides guidance on adequate marking and recordkeeping of small arms, light
weapons, their parts, components and ammunition. It covers technical aspects of marking, as well as
effective recordkeeping infrastructure, for use at the national level in support of the national tracing
system.
This document is intended to help States adopt and implement measures to ensure that small arms
and light weapons, their parts, components and ammunition, are adequately marked and to encourage
the small arms and light weapons manufacturing industry to assist in developing means of protecting
against the removal and alteration of markings.

What is the problem with this?

This document is intended to help States establish or improve their marking and recordkeeping
systems so that they are better able to identify, and help other States identify, the source of illicit small
arms and light weapons and their ammunition.

They also want to mark individual rounds of ammunition....

Well, that's good?

They also want to trace the complete history and path of a weapon. Just like the title of a vehicle.

Given that it's a good idea for cars, one would think that's an even better idea for products that are intended to be used to kill people?

For each individual small arm and light weapon under the jurisdiction of a State, records of the
following information, where applicable in each instance, shall be maintained:

ownership information (names, addresses and license numbers of owners, as well as dates of
ownership, up until the point that the weapon leaves the jurisdiction of the State, e.g. through
export, destruction, etc.).

That is good. People who are not allowed to have guns should not have a gun that someone else owns. No?

Records relating to the manufacture of small arms and light weapons (see Clause 6.2.1.1) shall be
maintained for at least 30 years, and should be maintained indefinitely.
All other records, including those relating to the import and export of small arms and light weapons,
shall be maintained for at least 20 years, and should be maintained indefinitely.

Yes?

INdefintely!!

Why is that word scary? Guns can last a long time, and putting some sort of time-limit on it is a bit weird. A gun is a gun (if we assume that it is in the shape of a functional gun)?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Awe how cute it's like genealogy for weapons, from birth through the lifespan. End sarcasm. Boy I am on a roll with my spell checker today, I almost clicked on gynecology, and the other ism word lol.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
As much as people knock OWS, they at least get off their asses to attempt something ............................your running out of time

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Maxatoria

Most guns arent american made. They try to hide it. Even the military uses berettas

There are already a stack of awesomely stupid importation regulations that have put plenty of foreign firearm manufacturers plants in America.

Taurus, SIG, Glock, Beretta to name a few of the bigger ones.

For the better part of half a century importation restrictions was the preferred method of defacto banning. Not wanting to miss out on the cash cow that is the American firearms consumer foreign manufacturers simply set up shop in the US.

Your point raises an interesting question though. Is the US going to be using made in the USA M9's or will they be using made in Italy M9's? I wonder if we can find out.

ETA: A recent 100,000 M9 order was placed with Beretta USA. Guess that answers the question. link
edit on 18-9-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
More guns is good
More bullets is also good and there's no such thing as, too many bullets

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

Being former military and a proud gun owner of many fire arms and a supporter of the 2nd amendment I can assure you, it will be from my cold dead hand and over at least one of their corpses when they kick in my door and try to confiscate my weapons. Not talking smack, trying to act tough or any of that. Im just willing to lay down my life for my rights and the US constitution that I swore to protect. Against all threats, foreign and domestic.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

BerettaUSA doesnt mean the guns were made here.....just means they were imported. I have a 1943 russian nagant with an american companies name and a serial number that doesnt have cryllic characters in it dot matrix engraved on the gun.... Oh and that guns definitely killed people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join