It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wins right to indefinitely detain Americans under NDAA - Muslim Rage Distraction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Doesn't this just blow your mind?!?!?! How is this possible? Why is nobody talking about this? This is the blatant definition of unconstitutional. After a judge said parts of the bill didn't pass "Constitutional Muster" the White House appeals the ruling an is overturned within a day!!!! Anybody else think this whole "Muslim Rage" is a great distraction from this??? I'm really surprised this is not posted already. Did I miss this???

A lone appeals judge bowed down to the Obama administration late Monday and reauthorized the White House’s ability to indefinitely detain American citizens without charge or due process.

rt.com...

www.reuters.com... -lawsuit-idUSBRE88H0X020120918

reason.com... nd
edit on 18-9-2012 by stdscf12 because: Added some more links

edit on 18-9-2012 by stdscf12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I guess I got in - and out - of the States just in time.

I don't even understand how this can happen to tell you the truth. I just don't even understand how it can happen.

The stay will remain in effect until at least September 28, when a three-judge appeals court panel is expected to begin addressing the issue.
(OP LINK)

Looks like you've still got some time people.

GET TO WORK!!!

NOW!!!

peace
edit on 18-9-2012 by silo13 because: bbc

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stdscf12

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Don't bother leaving your house. Someone will be by shortly. We're taking you to a "camp".

Camp Friendly-Nice.

I get a free "Obama 2012" bumper sticker for turnng you in.

4 more people and I get extra rations of government cheese.

I turn in 10 people and I get tube socks!

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Obama and the Parasitic corporate dictatorship in the nation are the ones that needs to be rounded up in the nation by the people and put in jail without due process, nothing but parasites and corrupted traitors what we got in government.

And that means both political parasitic parties.
edit on 18-9-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

SnF op

I am at present quite certain we will be seeing the end result of this ruling very soon.

It looks like it is about time to stop smoking and start running again, as my physical conditioning will be quite useful in the near future.

A sad day for this once great nation, a sad day for the world, as the once truly free people of this country, are about to be taught the harsh lessons learned in nazi germany. When they come for any group I will stand with them. The time is now to nip this in the bud. We must stop this before it is too late, before even one American is caught up in this unreasonable response to legally guarded( well formally legally guarded) right to protest, and decent against the .gov.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

If this story is true, it is quite obvious our MSM is burying it! I can't find any other source backing this info up.....

Maybe all of the Obama supporters will finally realize this POTUS is doing nothing more than carrying on the destruction of our rights that GW put in place......different puppet, same strings....

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Sadly, many here in ATS told about all this years back, see, we told people that Bush big government policies, will open the door to presidents after him to widen the power but as usual we were the anti bush crowd.

We told them so.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The US is so effed.

Think Romney would change this? Yah right.

Pray that enough people WRITE IN RON PAUL.

edit on 18-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Originally posted by marg6043
Sadly, many here in ATS told about all this years back, see, we told people that Bush big government policies, will open the door to presidents after him to widen the power but as usual we were the anti bush crowd.

We told them so.

Yes, we did.

And a complete exercise in futility that has been.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void. – U.S. Supreme Court, Marbury vs Madison

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence. -Sixth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution

The Constitution is a legally binding contract and Americans are inherently born party to this contract. The contract has been materially breached by a central government which now acts lawlessly and exists and operates outside of its binding contractual obligation. It is a usurper government.

This usurper government and its slack jawed minions of both parties don't care what the Constitution says or what limits on government it established; Absolutely nothing is now beyond the scope of the central power.

But it does not exist of its own accord! Its existence alone does not make it legitimate! The central government wasn't even a party to the constitution. The People and the States formed the contract acting as sovereign and independent entities.

We have been living amidst one of the great coups d'état of all human history, and it seems to have passed us by without much resistance. The second American revolution is being waged not by those who desire freedom, but by those who demand tyranny and subjugation. The goal of this revolution is to destroy the Constitution and the Republic for which it stands; and to replace it with a hideous behemoth who's only goal is concentrated power, slavery and despotism.

At this very moment the Constitutional contract is null and void. Our birthright has been nullified and all we got in exchange is hay and a barn for human cattle.

Moo...
edit on 18-9-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Interesting that the indefinite detention clause is entitled the "Homeland Battlefield provision"

The United States argues that the plaintiffs had no basis to fear being locked up for their activities, and that the judge's order interfered with the president's powers at a time of war.

Mr. President, we aren't at war. Only congress can declare war, something they haven't done for 67 years.

Usurper government.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I love how Obama is all like:

“The fact that I support this bill as a whole does not mean I agree with everything in it,” President Obama wrote. “In particular, I have signed this bill despite having serious reservations with certain provisions that regulate the detention, interrogation, and prosecution of suspected terrorists.”

If that's the case why not amend the bill to exclude those provisions....instead of just letting them slide? Smells like bull# to me.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
All I can say is that the no good POS judge that ruled on this needs to be dragged out of office, lynched, beaten, and hanged from the nearest tree. This tyrannical bastard took an oath to uphold the US Constitution and ruling that indefinite detainment of US Citizens is constitutional is a direct antithesis to his oath and duty.

This judge is a traitor and a tyrant and deserves to be treated as such. This just shows what a bunch of no good tyrannical bastards we have in positions of power in this country.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
All I can say is that the no good POS judge that ruled on this needs to be dragged out of office, lynched, beaten, and hanged from the nearest tree. This tyrannical bastard took an oath to uphold the US Constitution and ruling that indefinite detainment of US Citizens is constitutional is a direct antithesis to his oath and duty.

This judge is a traitor and a tyrant and deserves to be treated as such. This just shows what a bunch of no good tyrannical bastards we have in positions of power in this country.

Agreed.

This "judge" has no right to occupy the bench while rubber-stamping the political decrees of a criminal executive. He should resign .... or we need to find the mechanism to remove him.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86

I love how Obama is all like:

“The fact that I support this bill as a whole does not mean I agree with everything in it,” President Obama wrote. “In particular, I have signed this bill despite having serious reservations with certain provisions that regulate the detention, interrogation, and prosecution of suspected terrorists.”

If that's the case why not amend the bill to exclude those provisions....instead of just letting them slide? Smells like bull# to me.

He's playing the media game. The fact that he immediately launched an appeal of indefinite detention is pretty much all the proof you need to know that he intends to use this power.

I think we've found the next historical figure comparable to Stalin and Hitler.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

I agree with your sentiment.

The only thing that has ever insured the peoples rights are the thread of force inherent in the constitution. It is time the people need to wake up, turn off jersey shore, put down their iphones and stand together, before the threat of force becomes the need of force, to guarantee our rights.

This legislation is entirely unconstitutinal, making it nul and void at its insception. Meaning it is not legal, in any manner, meaning that when the authorities come for you, they are just another gang of lawless goons, and should be cut down as such.

Unfortunately I am in the minority, that has been for years saying we need to "make" them understand our position on this matter, instead of begging them to allow us our rights. Begging will not work, only force will work. We must use force to make them understand the true reality of the situation.

I long ago took an oath, I still to this day hold true to it. I will stand, I will fight. Right now as a matter of fact, if only some of my neighbors and fellow former and or current service member brothers and sisters would do the same.

Unfortunatley, I am not able to make a difference in and of my self, I am nothing, I am weak, I have no power. When we all come to gether, we are everything, we have all the power, we are invincibly strong, we can not lose.

I will though, just end up sitting here watching my once great nation burn, while we all suffer slowly, as that is the will of the people, and I am unable to cause a real and meaningful change on my own.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
From what I understand, our saving grace could be when a 3 judge panel (IIRC) rules on this at a later date. I guess as of now "it's all good to detain" and this is debated again shortly. It is interesting that I haven't heard this on TV yet, if ever.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

So it will stay in effect until Sept 28th?? Very suspicious, especially since there is rumor of BiBi attacking Iran around Sept 25th or 26th on Yom Kippor.

I think it lends more credence to the detention facilities being for the Jews not the muslims.
edit on 18-9-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
First he was all like :

Then its like

:

With the ending of:

Run for the hills!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join