It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free? speech in regards to prophets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I remember a part from the bible where Jesus says something along the lines of " Say what you want about me but don't blaspheme the Holy Spirit"

And now there's this uproar about someone's negative depiction of Islam and Muhammed.

I also remember hearing about a movie where the premise was something along the lines of Jesus being gay.

Why does it seem (as portrayed by the MSM) that Muslims are so suceptible to angst and rage towards those who misrepresent their faith and Prophet?

Do the words of "blasphemers" have any real effect on the potency of the God in which they believe? Do those that spread hate like the makers of those films really detract from the effectiveness of the positive messages contianed in Christian and Muslim Holy books?

I think there is a functionality lacking in the teachings of those churches or religious gatherings where the followers find themselves enraged over the words and actions of hateful, racist, bigoted individuals. Two films that spread ignorance and hatred.....a form of protected speech in this country.....can't diminish the power of Faith in my opinion, except in those with weak faith from the beginning.

What man, movie, government can hurt God? NONE!
What man, movie, government can steal the effectiveness of God's truth shared through His prophets? NONE!

The whole mideast protests are only showning how weak these Religions are when misused. All those angry people are just harboring negative feelings.....they have Chosen to be offended IMO.

As a person of Faith, I believe I get to choose how to feel about what I encounter in life, that my choice of emotions can be separated from "gut" reactions so that I can maintain a positive emotional disposition. When I heard someone wanted to do a movie about Jesus being gay, at first I felt sad about the idea....then I didn't care. When I heard about the movie bashing Muhammed, I felt the same way at first and then didn't care either.

In the insulting of these prominent religious icons, two things have become clear to me. People of enduring rage may not be as strong in faith as they seem, more dogmatic if anything.....and second that internalizing the hatred expressed by others is very dangerous.

This serves as yet another validation of the concept of "turning the other cheek" and the value of forgiveness in that there is strength when one doesn't consume a belly full of the other guys hatred.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by balanc3

These people are living by Old Testament law, whereas Christians live my New Testament law, believing that the law has been fulfilled and doesn't apply anymore.

Old Testament law has no leeway. It's my way or death! There is no such thing as free speech in the OT. Anything that wasn't/isn't in line with the perceived law was/is met with death.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by balanc3
I remember a part from the bible where Jesus says something along the lines of " Say what you want about me but don't blaspheme the Holy Spirit"

And now there's this uproar about someone's negative depiction of Islam and Muhammed.

I also remember hearing about a movie where the premise was something along the lines of Jesus being gay.

Why does it seem (as portrayed by the MSM) that Muslims are so suceptible to angst and rage towards those who misrepresent their faith and Prophet?

Do the words of "blasphemers" have any real effect on the potency of the God in which they believe? Do those that spread hate like the makers of those films really detract from the effectiveness of the positive messages contianed in Christian and Muslim Holy books?

I think there is a functionality lacking in the teachings of those churches or religious gatherings where the followers find themselves enraged over the words and actions of hateful, racist, bigoted individuals. Two films that spread ignorance and hatred.....a form of protected speech in this country.....can't diminish the power of Faith in my opinion, except in those with weak faith from the beginning.

What man, movie, government can hurt God? NONE!
What man, movie, government can steal the effectiveness of God's truth shared through His prophets? NONE!

The whole mideast protests are only showning how weak these Religions are when misused. All those angry people are just harboring negative feelings.....they have Chosen to be offended IMO.

As a person of Faith, I believe I get to choose how to feel about what I encounter in life, that my choice of emotions can be separated from "gut" reactions so that I can maintain a positive emotional disposition. When I heard someone wanted to do a movie about Jesus being gay, at first I felt sad about the idea....then I didn't care. When I heard about the movie bashing Muhammed, I felt the same way at first and then didn't care either.

In the insulting of these prominent religious icons, two things have become clear to me. People of enduring rage may not be as strong in faith as they seem, more dogmatic if anything.....and second that internalizing the hatred expressed by others is very dangerous.

This serves as yet another validation of the concept of "turning the other cheek" and the value of forgiveness in that there is strength when one doesn't consume a belly full of the other guys hatred.

Jesus said also "If they hate you, remember that they hated me first" and commanded us not to seek vengeance for slight offenses. Jesus is quite capable of taking care of Himself, but Mohammed seemed to be unable to do that. Whenever someone disagreed with him, he killed them.

Mohammed called himself Rasoulallah. He said he was the messenger to be emulated. We see it now, their emulation of an evil man. Mohammed means "the praised one" and I find that striking that Muslims are not supposed to praise any man, but they say it every time "allah and his apostle" or "allah and the one to be praised". When you praise in that manner, you are worshiping, Mohammed may have said not to worship mere man, but allowed himself to be praised.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I can't disavow the laws given in the OT because they helped a culture grow strong and flourish. They also had pretty incredible things happen for them to affirm their faith......

I don't wanna bash Muhammed but I have noticed the co-signing of sorts in the phrase" There is One God to whom all praise is due, and peace be unto his Prophet"

I ended up kinda dumbing down the jists of the three Abrahamic religions to this:

for Jews: You've got the Real God who does mighty miracles and chose you...just follow ALL the rules!

for Christians: That same Real God loves you and will inhabit your spirit, forgive your sins, and grant you new life.... if you let it!

for Muslims: The same God who does mighty miracles won't do them for you. Do your own fighting and killing. Vengance is no longer mine.......have at it and see.

and one of my main quagmires is that with the most recent "Prophet of God" how can a muslim country like Saudi Arabia builld multimillion dollar super luxury palaces for One prince and ignore a starving to death muslim country like Somalia?

Islam too shows the scars of division i.e. Sunni vs Shiite; like Christianity does Catholic vs Protestant; and Jusaism does with Pharisee vs Sadduccee. Where there is division in Religion, I can't help but call it a hallmark of the devil.

And when all these Billions of people have tried so hard to become unified to thier Creator through the dogma of religion and end up having these failing aspects of their respective societies, people end up classifying Religions as the culprit in causing so much harm in the world and to each other.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by balanc3

Muslim put Muhammad above the Messiah. Bad mouth Jesus hey won't do anything but if a cartoonist draws a political cartoon of Muhammad theyre ready to spill blood.

Like so:

They also like to ignore evidence clearly proving Muhammad was anything but a prophet, and more of a charlatan, even when it's their own book contradicting him.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by balanc3

for Jews: You've got the Real God who does mighty miracles and chose you...just follow ALL the rules

Now you get to the crux of the problem, the law was perfect, and they couldn't even keep it on the first day, infact
they broke it before it was even given to them so a better covenant had to come in it's place to keep an imperfect people from facing the second death. Those people calling themselves jews are in fullblown apostacy, they have forsaken the Holy One, the King of Israel and as long as they reject Him they remain in apostacy.

for Christians: That same Real God loves you and will inhabit your spirit, forgive your sins, and grant you new life.... if you let it!

Not an it, a Him, and the second covenant was made for all people, including the apostate jews. This is the mercy covenant, or Grace Covenant if you will. Man reached up to God and failed, so He had to reach down to us instead.

for Muslims: The same God who does mighty miracles won't do them for you. Do your own fighting and killing. Vengance is no longer mine.......have at it and see.

They ignore the bible, most don't even read it, citing it as being corrupted but they can't tell you where it was corrupted, theyre just parotting what the Imams tell them, the ones that aren't illiterate that is. They claim they believe nothing in the New Testament at all except in the book of Revelation aboout the Antichrist, therefore they believe in a different Jesus than the ones christians do. Infact their god isn't even the same as jews or christians. Our God hates lying, murdering, sexual immorality, selfishness, covetousness, adultery etc., theyre right though, the bible was rewritten, and later called the Quran and you can read that book and the bible both and see right where they ripped stuff from the bible and twisted it.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Muslim put Muhammad above the Messiah. Bad mouth Jesus hey won't do anything but if a cartoonist draws a political cartoon of Muhammad theyre ready to spill blood.

Muslims revere all prophets but are closer to Mohammad as he was the ONLY prophet who was sent exclusively to them. Secondly, if Muslims were to riot because someone drew "political" cartoons that were insulting to Jesus you'd simply find another reason to point fingers at muslims.

Christians, if they adore Jesus so much... should be protesting every time someone mocks Jesus in the mass media. But they don't because Christians (especially in North America and Europe) are complacent with the anti-christian mass media that mocks Jesus, the prophets and the bible.

This demonstrates that Christians are in league with the anti-christian media.... valuing the world and its secular ways instead of going by what Jesus taught.

edit on 19-9-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

top topics

join