It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India + Pakistan armies exchange fire!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

SRINAGAR, Indian-controlled Kashmir, September 18 (Xinhua) -- Indian and Pakistani armies exchanged fire on the Line of Control (LoC) in Indian-controlled Kashmir, Indian officials said Tuesday.

The ceasefire violation took place Monday night along the LoC in the Krishna Ghati sector of frontier Poonch district, around 180 km southwest of Srinagar city, the summer capital of Indian- controlled Kashmir.

"Pakistani troops resorted to small arms firing on our posts last night, which continued for more than one hour," said S N Acharaya, Indian army spokesman based in Jammu. Indian army also fired in retaliation, he said, adding that no loss of life or damage to property was reported in this exchange.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

I'm not sure how often this happens, probably more than we know about, but I know internally their tensions are rather high with a lot of troop movement on either side over the last 3 years.

Which country is on China's side?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
They are at conflict all the time... small arms exchanges are quite common

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Its true. India and Pakistan have been enemies for a long time. I believe (and correct me if I am wrong) that in the early 70's there where some serious clashes between the two nations over who would achieve nuclear weapons first. This ended with India detonating their first successful "test" bomb right near the Pakistani border.

And as for which country is on China's side. I think China financed BOTH in their search for Nuclear weapons. Both countries also tested several nuclear devices on Chinese land (with their permission of course)

edit on 18/9/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
when they both got nukes, is when the world should be nerviness. For they could go nuke, and with China now allies with India, it could get real hot real soon! With us, the west, stuck in the middle.
edit on 18-9-2012 by bekod because: line edditing

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This lot troughs lead at each other every other year nothing new. But the timing couldnt be better on this one. China and Japan, Middle East and the Western world so timing is everything.
edit on 18-9-2012 by ga-`tv-gi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
when they both got nukes, is when the world should be nerviness. For they could go nuke, and with China now allies with India, it could get real hot real soon! With us, the west, stuck in the middle.

Not sure what world you are living in but they both already have Nukes.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
China is not allies with India, they are more of an ally to Pakistan. India and China have had border skirmishes in the past as well and they just developed a missile that can reach most of mainland China. Don't you find it curious that India moves tank brigades to the Chinese border. The next day Pakistan is taking pot shots across there border? There are no coincidences

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

en.wikipedia.org...

China has its own interests in the region, as well as numerous border disputes with India. The two countries also fought a war in 1959 over south Tibet. India has a much stronger armed forces than Pakistan, and is China's main rival on the continent.

China tends to support Pakistan in Kashmir, at least so far as saying that any general mobilization or aggressive action on India's part towards Pakistan would necessitate China sending troops to the region, and possibly acting on territorial claims of its own. China's assertive posture in this regard has tended to give India pause.

This is a very tense situation. These border skirmishes in Kashmir happen frequently, but they are ALWAYS dangerous and hold the potential for disaster. Military analysts around the world generally regard the likelihood of a nuclear exchange resulting from a general war between the two nations as 'High'. India and Pakistan have fought three major wars in the last six decades, but none since Pakistan tested its first nuclear device.

The United States has a cool but warming relationship with India, and is heavily invested with the regime in Pakistan, which was once an ally and dependant of the United States. In this regard, The US acts as a moderating influence on India, while at the same time (due to recent events) it has lost most of its control over Pakistan's actions. This makes for a complicated diplomatic situation. The US has been a force for destabilization within Pakistan, but the US can be said to have a stabilizing effect on relations between India and Pakistan.

The one thing that changes everything is the new tensions between China and Japan over the Senkaku/Diaoyu islands. With China (and the US)'s attention focused on the South China Sea, both of the moderating influences on India's response to provocation are diluted. This is intensely dangerous.

Pakistani provocations in Kashmir are common, but it's not very often that India retaliates or ratchets up the rhetoric. They are doing that this time, likely because they feel (rightly) that the situation in the South China Sea gives them more latitude of action.

When you add to all of this the likelihood of an Israeli action in Iran before November, things become even more grim. There is a corridor of tension stretching from Libya to Japan that is building inexorably and which threatens to overwhelm the American capability to act effectively and proportionally in all of these areas.

This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and intense moments in international relations since the Russia-Georgia war.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Which countries on Chinas side? Pakistan...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

India, pakistan and China all have nukes including massive armies. You nervous yet?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
India outmatches Pakistan on every military measure except nuclear weapons, and even then India's rocket technology is superior to Pakistan's, as are all other delivery methods.

The two sides are not equal to the fight. That's what makes this so dangerous: Pakistan knows they will lose a conventional war.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
didnt the chinese ambassador or something say that Pakistan is their(china's) Israel some time last year or something along those lines? not to mention i would assume the Pakistanis are still a bit nervous after our bin laden raid penetrated their air space so i would assume they are gonna be more skittish then usual this time

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Wow. What in the world is up with the world?

China/Japan

China/Russia/Syria

Israel/Iran

U.S.A./Everyone else. LoL!

Now a Pakistan/India redux.

I read a moonbat on another forum insisting that it has something to do with neutrinos (!?) making us all lose our minds.

I'm starting to believe the woo....

It's getting crazy up in here!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

I think the governments of the world are cluing into the FACT that we as a species can NOT go on and on like we are presently doing. The only real way to stop this is population reduction.

ITs as clear as the nose on my face.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by morethanyou

Agreed.

The PTB certainly behave as if there is no tomorrow. Whether it's money, people or natural resources....

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
India did move a large amount of troops and material to the border with China in the past few days....

So, stay tuned.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

China is closest to Pakistan than India. There are large ongoing economic projects going on in Pakistan backed by China, from energy to roads especially those leading to sea ports or that will lead to them.

India has historically maintained proximity with England but the its nuclear program was supported by Russia,India plays on every field it can take some advantage. There is also a boarder dispute with China and India is a direct competitor to China's economic output. Add to that India's ambivalent position regarding Tibet and you can see why China would not favor India in most actions.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

India hates China. Neither is really an ally with China, Pakistan more so. though.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

It is a regular occurance. I have been there a few times and you can watch gun fire and rockets going off in the hills and stuff. Kashmir should be returned to the people. It should not be owned by India or Pakistan.

top topics

join