Obama: Government Should Be Lean, Mean, And Focused

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Will the real Barack Obama Please stand up??!!

“I don’t want a government that’s wasting money. It’s gotta be lean, it’s gotta be mean, and it’s gotta make sure that its focused on the people who are needing a ladder up.”

www.breitbart.com...

Says the man credited with the largest peace time govt. expansion since the New Deal... His whole mission has been to transform this nation into a Big Govt. Beast..

No B.S. just facts...

President Obama: The Biggest Government Spender In World History

www.forbes.com...

So, What does Obama really mean about being "Lean, Mean and Focused"?? or is it just more of the same campaign rhetoric coming from the man who has perfected "do as I say not as I do" ??

Does he even realize what he's saying? Sadly, people will believe it without ever batting an eye... A little quick homework will give you the truth...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ummm... Lean, mean and focused? Focused on what exactly? That would be my main question. Focused on cradle to grave care, regulation and control? That would be accurate to say and with a straight face. I'm just sure we won't hear the rest of that said by him.

His own budget tells the tale and tells it well. If reduction is the idea, the idea got lost while going to paper because the budget he plans and projects himself goes up and up and up with revenue projected by tax revenue (primarily) to go up and up and up right along with it.

I missed anything looking to be Lean and Mean except perhaps the Military....expected to be half a trillion or so and down from 600-800 billion now (depending on source of the number).

Not my words though....

Assumptions for Fiscal 2013 Budget - White House

Their own numbers and projections kinda say it all.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I believe him.

Dictatorships usually are lean, mean, and focused.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Just look at the sweeping expansion and authority granted to the EPA and also to HHS via Obamacare. If Obamacare goes into full swing the HHS will have nearly complete and unchecked authority over our lives second only to the POTUS. That's scary stuff. That's not lean and mean. That's Corpulent and missive....

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Have you ever noticed that Obama takes the latest criticisms about his policies and style then spouts out the answer his critics want to hear. And, it is so far removed from what he actually DOES and IS.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hard to be lean with a record number of people on food stamps, although sky high gas prices do offset that a bit.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Originally posted by jibeho
just more of the same campaign rhetoric

Quoting the answer.
edit on 18-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
Have you ever noticed that Obama takes the latest criticisms about his policies and style then spouts out the answer his critics want to hear. And, it is so far removed from what he actually DOES and IS.

He's a true master at that and where his skills really lay. I'm entirely serious. It's Obamacare to his Religion to his stance on Israel.

He's still able to say just enough to each group on any issue....without saying quite too much (not quite)...for those who want to, to project almost anything onto him for how he'll be or meant to be or plans to be in a 2nd term. Whatever else he has for shortcomings, no one can fault him on communication skills.

Or...to put it another way, he's the best B.S. dealer I've ever seen or heard.
He'd have me believing it sometimes if I didn't catch myself and by effort once or twice, to remember just who I'm listening to and what I know the numbers and reality to be. He's not just good.....He's a friggen guru in that area of life. Almost spooky good.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Let not forget that his lean government means more unemployed people increasing the welfare state, as his budget cuts are not in the areas of waste and abuse but on those that helps employment in the nation.

He is lying so badly that only fools can not read between the lines.

I guess mean lean and focused means while spying on the population to squash the dissenters, when Obamacrap hits the fan with more taxes.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

Originally posted by queenofswords

A tactic he and crew have perfected from the Bush administration.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
...defend his master...

*her*

Unless you mean Obama is BH's puppet.

To be fair, she means well...even if in my opinion she has always had this one wrong.

It's not always easy to recognize a charlatan.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Typical. Obama has said a lot. None of it has come to fruition. Actions speak louder than words.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by Thunderheart
...defend his master...

*her*

Unless you mean Obama is BH's puppet.

To be fair, she means well...even if in my opinion she has always had this one wrong.

It's not always easy to recognize a charlatan.

wait! BH is a chick?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I gotta say, it's kind of flattering to be reading along in a thread and then find that the discussion has turned to be about...

ME!

Please continue...

Thanks for the condescension, loam. (I "mean well"?)
I'd rather you didn't defend me at all than say something like that. No hard feelings, though.

And yes, Thunderperson, I'm a chick, a babe, a bitch and a queen.

I agree with what Obama said. Yes, he has spent a LOT to keep us from going completely under, but I don't happen to buy the fairytale that Obama wants the country to go broke. That's stupid. He wants a healthy economy, but we have to spend some to get there.

The full quote:

I've worked with Republicans in Congress to already cut $1 trillion in spending. And we're willing to do more. I don't want a government that's wasting money. It's got to be lean; it's got to be mean. It's got to make sure that it's focused on the people that are working hard but need a ladder up. It's got to be focused on doing the things that help us grow. And there are programs that don't work and we've got to admit that.

Text of Speech

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I wondered how long before you could hear the rattle of your cage.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Thanks for the condescension, loam. (I "mean well"?)

Awe, come on, BH. I didn't mean it as condescension.... a poke in the ribs perhaps...but not really condescension.

I have repeatedly said on these boards (and to you directly) how much I respect your intelligence. In fact, on many substantive issues, we completely agree. Where you and I differ is on the 'tools' to accomplish the objectives on many of these issues.

I'd rather you didn't defend me at all than say something like that. No hard feelings, though.

Alright.

Although, I really do wish things would lighten up around here. Too many babies being thrown out with the bath water, imo. Fix that and we could probably fix much of our problems in this country.

And yes, Thunderperson, I'm a chick, a babe, a bitch and a queen.

I'm quite certain Thunderperson will never forget that description.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Obama: Government Should Be Lean, Mean, And Focused

Yes Obama.....it Should Be......

Why haven't YOU done anything about the problem ????

BUT as we can clearly see.....

It Ain't so "Lean & Mean" is it ? ....

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH, you know that you are highly appreciated by all of us that has known you for so long, you are respected by us and we always have you in our minds.

In other words we love you girl.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Will the real Barack Obama Please stand up??!!

“I don’t want a government that’s wasting money. It’s gotta be lean, it’s gotta be mean, and it’s gotta make sure that its focused on the people who are needing a ladder up.”

www.breitbart.com...

Says the man credited with the largest peace time govt. expansion since the New Deal... His whole mission has been to transform this nation into a Big Govt. Beast..

No B.S. just facts...

President Obama: The Biggest Government Spender In World History

www.forbes.com...

So, What does Obama really mean about being "Lean, Mean and Focused"?? or is it just more of the same campaign rhetoric coming from the man who has perfected "do as I say not as I do" ??

Does he even realize what he's saying? Sadly, people will believe it without ever batting an eye... A little quick homework will give you the truth...

This is the redux of Hope and Change. It isn't about the "lean, mean, focused" part. It is more about the "ladder up" part. It is just him providing his reassurance to the audience that he is about giving other peoples money to you if you don't have enough of your own.

Obama is no fool. He obviously has the Bob Marley style offers of hope. And he certainly understands the dynamic of the "have nots" tending to like the ideas of sharing far more than the "haves" (I have never seen people share so much with each other as when I managed a hotel and observed the housekeepers, who were just hard working and simple folks).

And it doesn't take a genius to see why: the "99%" are called that for a reason. Per capita, America has far more "have nots" than "haves".

When you have less of your own, you become accustomed to the concept of sharing. That is what Obama's above statement is capitalizing on. The "lean, mean, focused" nonsense is fluff meant to possibly appease someone who is conservative, but also stupid enough to believe him.
edit on 18-9-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
About the topic, BFFT, I think you have a pretty good handle on this specific utterance of Obama in your last sentence. He's trying to reach the conservative who is planning on holding his nose and voting for Romney. He's hoping if someone hears him say that, it will pique their interest. I would LOVE to see a smaller government, and I think Obama would, too. I just think the areas of shrinkage would differ widely.

I disagree with the rest of your post, however.

reply to post by loam

Originally posted by loam
I'm quite certain Thunderperson will never forget that description.

Good!

reply to post by marg6043

I know, marg.
I love you too. I even love loam.
It's all good.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join