It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS might not be LOA friendly.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Actually, that is the case for any news, conspiracy, apocalyptic or current events forum. I mention ATS because, well, I need a catchy title and this is our home. So, is ATS Law of attraction-friendly or not?. Now, before I get nasty comments like "then wtf are you doing here" or "There is no such thing as law of attraction" I want to invite you to take a chill pill, skip this thread and move along.

So, for those of you who believe in The law of attraction and "as man thinks he becomes"...wouldn't reading a daily dose of doom offset the positive vibes needed for proper manifestation? Like finances for example, Financial meltdowns and economic crash prophecies might indicate creepy futures ahead for the world...
Wouldn't reading about it constantly help manifest misery in our lives? (I'm sure we have some millionaires among us regardless).

Or my case, a hypochondriac. what can the Pandemic forum do to my psyche or emotions?

Perhaps some of us are capable to depersonalize ourselves from some topics without letting them affect us, but I wonder if we are immune to all of them. Sometimes when Atsers get kind of crazy some of the more seasoned members suggest to "step away from the computer" and I feel like this is really good advice.

Lastly, I love ATS, I come here all the time and even though i do believe in the LOA, I'm sure as long as I don't access emotionally charged topics (in my case animal abuse and general illnesses) I am fine.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I agree, thought manifests it's self into the physical world, the doom and gloom on this site, and every where else does my noggin in sometimes... Unless it's productive to discuss certain negative things, can you put all your effort into being a positive inspiration in this god damn world! lol
edit on 18-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
But, according to your law, what if I come here to read what I consider some of the loopiest posts I could possibly read to give me the best laugh of the day?

Wouldn't that make me a happy person because of ATS?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
your pretty much spot on and of course it can, this is why the media is so important in controlling the masses as daily doses of whatever they want us to see influences us especially over long periods of time.

want us to feel under threat 24/7, always put up news clips about doom and gloom, terrorism, death, natural disasters etc etc.

want us to feel all up beat and happy, post feel good stories about animals, heroes etc etc

the same can be said about forums and the internet, if you are daily focusing on sites like this of course your going to feel more doom and gloom. my suggestion is to offset it with funny lolcat pics

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by lupodigubbio

So, for those of you who believe in The law of attraction and "as man thinks he becomes"...wouldn't reading a daily dose of doom offset the positive vibes needed for proper manifestation?

It depends how much worth you give to someone somewhere on another end of a keyboard typing away..... that's all we're really reading... nothing more nothing less....

The game is... who can be the most creative on a forum with the most readers you can bait and hook...

Nothing will manifest if the proper seeds aren't planted accordingly to the suitable soil/environment.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
LOA is meant to make your life better. It works the same way a placebo works. Obviously what you read here isn't going to change your World, because the only thing you can change in this World is yourself. Placebo or not, I believe in the LOA. People just need to see the world in a positive way and think positive things in order to receive those feelings back so you can feel better about yourself.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You don't want to completely ignore all the doom and gloom or bad news. That would be purposefully ignorant. Just acknowledge the news or information that it is there, and that it is negative, but don't allow it to affect you personally.

It's a sort of detachment. That way you still know what is going on, but you are detached from it all so it does not affect you.

Time to go manifest some lunch

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Law of attraction can be very real.....

Look at everyday life for example...

Some peoples lives are hellish because they reject and repel positivity.

Look at the spouse who accuses their partner of cheating....only to eventually drive them into the arms of another.
Or how the US is continously trying to start a conflict with Iran.....and won't be satisfied until it becomes a reality.

Many minds can accomplish anything, I say stay positive and BE the change, you want to see.
edit on 18-9-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lupodigubbio
ATS might not be LOA friendly

Well yeah, that's true.
Just look at the motto:

Deny + Ignorance.

Sometimes when I look around the boards, I see a lot of ignorant people denying things.

Now if the motto was Promote Knowledge, that would be a different story

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

So, for those of you who believe in The law of attraction and "as man thinks he becomes"...wouldn't reading a daily dose of doom offset the positive vibes needed for proper manifestation? Like finances for example, Financial meltdowns and economic crash prophecies might indicate creepy futures ahead for the world...
Wouldn't reading about it constantly help manifest misery in our lives? (I'm sure we have some millionaires among us regardless).

Umm...

You should google some literature about the psychology of death and dying, more so... what mortality awareness and other similar cognitive functions.

Reading a daily dose of doom does in fact seem to manifest positive vibes, although that is not to generalize. We're all different... simply put.

Click either of the folowing two links for more....

www.sciencedaily.com...

psychcentral.com...

These articles were featured on my thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I Need Some Answers, Sun, NMR, Gene Expression, Light, Behavioural Psychology, Circadian Rhythm, Etc

It's an interesting read... not complete, more or so questions and putting the pieces together type of thing...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Very well agree OP, keeping on the subtle side of things will deem for you to be less attractive of things of negative nature.

"A man's character is his fate." - Heraclitus

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Would this be considered Law of Attraction? this kinds of stories always put a smile on my face.

edit on 18-9-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

I think one needs a reality check when the words of others—in this case the opinions and often paranoid delusions of some ATSers—gets the better of them. If one feels the need to let the ideas and thoughts of another stew and fester in their own head allowing them full reign on the emotions, they need to learn to live according to their own ideas and inclinations instead of bowing and acquiescing to the ideas of others. That kind of slave-mentallity is despicable in my eyes.

If one needs to employ such nonsense as the law of attraction and other illusory methods and doctrines to control their thoughts and feelings, then please, think positively and escape into the illusions of your own mind. Or one could actually learn to embrace both the positive and the negative in their lives as both equally important and necessary.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well, the people who aren't even considering what you're saying clearly have no appreciation for law of attraction...so, as per the conditions of OP, are not actually relevant to the thread.

I think this is a very interesting topic, actually something I have been thinking about recently. I get looking into all the # our government does and whatnot, getting pissed off. Then I start noticing...this site has SO MUCH negative news being spread. Every day, multiple terrible things are either happening or about to happen. OF COURSE that's going to have an impact, if you believe law of attraction. I'm trying to get my mind out of those systems that I do not want in my personal reality...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
When really bad things happen I joke about them. I usually don't have any limits. Call me immoral, but this is the best method of dealing with negativity. It's better than letting things grind you down.

I had a field day with the James Holmes incident for example, and I hope other people did too. I'm not ashamed to admit it. Don't let anything wear you down, because it will take a toll on your health eventually. Laughter is the best medicine.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Most of the LoA detractors really don't have the first clue what it actually involves. Maybe they bought a copy of 'The Secret' a few years ago and are still waiting for there beachside condo idk.

It is not simply 'think happy thoughts' and all your wildest dreams will come true. It is a specific frame of mind designed to change one's reality.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

I don't believe in the LOA anymore, and I used to believe in it for a LONG time. Sometimes it "works" and sometimes "no", but then I finally realized, it wasn't that it was "working" or "not" life was just happening on its own, and sometimes what I want will come to me and other times no.

Getting out of LOA, it was a bit hard to find my negative emotions, again. It is easy to get taken advantage of without even realizing it.

I believe that thoughts manifest into reality - YES, but it has a very small affect compared to reality...

What will help you burn more weight? Visualizing taking a jog, or actually taking one?

ATS if "LOA friendly" IF you believe that even "conflict" is good because then it lets you have the fun of visualizing the opposite (what-is-preferred - peace, etc).

top topics

join