It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

truth about the tea party

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Full length version of the 2011 documentary film "The Billionaires' Tea Party".


truth shall be known




i KNOW republicans are only for the rich/corporations...look at the voting records

i KNOW most republicans are anti-environment.....look at the voting records



and now the tea party.....when/how/why


REPUBLICANS PLAY ON PATRIOTISM AND NATIONALISM.....notice how fox news always has american flag graphics all over it's show....nationalism propaganda

ok on with the show..

www.youtube.com...




posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia
 

The original Tea Party was a group of Ron Paul supporters who were protesting 8 years of Bush's big government, big spending, Constitutional abuses.

The movement was then hijacked by the establishment to give the impression that it was some kind of anti-Obama movement, it wasnt. It was an ideological movement.

If you do a search, youll see that early on in the movement, mainstream Republicans were constantly getting booed by the Tea Party.


edit on 18-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia
 


I've seen this before, and I must say, that is the not the Tea Party I belong to.

The Tea Party name has been compromised/hijacked/subverted, take your pick, by the GOP.

Just as OWS has been compromised/hijacked/subverted, take your pick, by the Dems.

I've always been amused and at times flabbergasted at how people like to label one another.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex
 



Originally posted by TDawgRex
...flabbergasted at how people like to label one another.


Yup, totally sick of that.

As of late, it has rendered all political discussion completely meaningless.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by cornucopia
 

The original Tea Party was a group of Ron Paul supporters who were protesting 8 years of Bush's big government, big spending, Constitutional abuses.

The movement was then hijacked by the establishment to give the impression that it was some kind of anti-Obama movement, it wasnt. It was an ideological movement.

If you do a search, youll see that early on in the movement, mainstream Republicans were constantly getting booed by the Tea Party.


edit on 18-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)




exactly!


it was hijacked..

i remember, they sent out sarah palin to the tea party demos, and the tea party peeps were booing here, but mainstream media pushed it as positive.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by cornucopia
 


I've seen this before, and I must say, that is the not the Tea Party I belong to.

The Tea Party name has been compromised/hijacked/subverted, take your pick, by the GOP.

Just as OWS has been compromised/hijacked/subverted, take your pick, by the Dems.

I've always been amused and at times flabbergasted at how people like to label one another.




i agree, but all people need to know it was hijacked so they can make informed decisions...


we all have the ability to change our minds



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
for the record i'm a Ron Paul supporter and always will be...



but i mean i stand for truth and wherever there is manipulation going on, i will expose it...




we all should, someday we will have an awesome world for it



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia
 


Sorry, puddin' but as a Tea Party member, I must disagree.

We are for individualism, personal responsibility, less government.

Dunno who YOUR talking about.

(Personally, I joined after Bush signed TARP1)



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by cornucopia
 


Sorry, puddin' but as a Tea Party member, I must disagree.

We are for individualism, personal responsibility, less government.

Dunno who YOUR talking about.

(Personally, I joined after Bush signed TARP1)



good stuff to be about, but umm..the future is Humans helping each other and this world.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
umm..the future is Humans helping each other and this world.


Which, imo, is best achieved by "individualism, personal responsibility, & less government. "



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by cornucopia
umm..the future is Humans helping each other and this world.


Which, imo, is best achieved by "individualism, personal responsibility, & less government. "


Took the words right outa my mouth!



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


They were good words.


ETA: Unfortunately, even those three simple concepts are not easily understood by many. All they hear is "selfishness, deceitfulness and NO government."


There is obviously some very powerful mojo that has seized the minds of a large part of the electorate. They think they are to something new, when in reality all they are managing to accomplish is to secure the same oppressive form of governance humanity has suffered from for the last 6000 years.



edit on 18-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by loam
 


Seems like we always end up "defaulting" to that, don't we.

No matter how "civilised" we pretend to be, we simply default back to alpha males and the bigest club leads the tribe.

Pity we can't use reason.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
my goal is to be self sufficient as soon as possible, but for it will take time as i'm a renter, single dad on food stamps...

some day!

i pray for miracles...


i believe in self-rule/self-responsibility, but i am also thankful for systems that help me in my times of need..


thank you so much


i pray for abundance for all...

thank you



new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join