It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani man dies after inhaling fumes from burning American flags at anti-Islam film rally

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
www.nypost.com...

In an apparent case of red, white and blue revenge, a Pakistani protester died yesterday after inhaling smoke from a burning American flag during an anti-US rally.

Id call this justice!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yeah, all those inks and chemicles China uses to make american flags are hazardous to your health. I feel that somehow the Great Satan will get the blame anyway, even though flags are made in China :shk:.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RABiam
reply to post by bintim

I will never thumbs up a death on any side. But wow karma, definitely got this guy. Spreading hate in the form of protest is still hate. Maybe he should have been trying to sit down and talk and not just burning flags.

BTW do they buy all these american flags to burn....we'd better not be giving them to 'em. I have never seen any Americans burn any Middle Eastern flags over here but of course we'd definitely have to buy them

Yes but it reminds me of how our flag fell at the Olympics.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyJagov
Didn't find this in the search.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
This guy started feeling woozy while burning an American Flag in Lahore, Pakistan.
He was taken to hospital where he later died.
Protesting is not without it's hazards.

We should make flags that when burned emit a poisonous gas.
I'm sort of kidding but, kind of ironic way to go.
edit on 18-9-2012 by PrestonSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JimmyJagov

LOL

Death by Made In China, American flag.

the levels of irony.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

That's what you get bastard!

Allah has spoken!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
So you people just laugh because he died of this act, but once we laugh at your 9/11 it isn't funny is it? but still is to me HAHA.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
reply to post by JimmyJagov

No doubt the flag was made in China and included hazardous chemicals.

Right? If they would have torn it into strips and fed it to a dog?....Same result...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Reading these replies, I have to scratch my head and ponder.

Let's just reverse roles a little, shall we...

Let's say a couple of you get together one night round the ol' bar-b-q. Somehow you get ahold of some middle eastern flag of whatever origin and decide to film yourselves burning it to post online (just for sh**s and giggles, right? Because it is only funny when YOU do it, not another country doing it to you..)

One of you trips and falls into the flames and suffers awful burns, or passes away..now is it so funny?
Is this karma?
Justice?
Not so funny, now, eh?

I am just failing to see how burning a piece of cloth equates to this man deserving death.
Think hard, people. Please.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

I will not condon the laughing of this man's death, but i fail to see your logic.

If people are having a bar-b-q then they wont just randomly think "hey we have been drinking, lets DRIVE down to the store, drunk mind you, buy a arabic flag, some lighter fluid, and then DRIVE drunk home, then video tape our selves burning the flag" lol no how it actually will go is "WOOOO GO (insert random baseball/football/baskettball/hockey team here) OH YEA WOOOOOOO" or just people around a bar-b-q eating hot dogs and hamburgers.

again, I dont know if you have a miss guided logic about what goes on at bar-b-q's but indeed flag burning is at the very bottom of there minds.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
so they can burn our flags in protest and its okay...
can WE burn THEIR flags in protest too, or is that considered a hate crime??

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Two things...

1. Pakistan allowed the US to fly out from their own airbases, It's one thing to bomb another country's people but when their own government allows them to do it, that's a whole different thing!

And 2. How many of those innocent people were human shields? It's known that terrorists will hide themselves among civilians to try and protect themselves.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Maybe the states should just shoot everyone, not bomb them because that kills animals, which are really innocent and worth more than most of those hateful religious idiots. If you dont discriminate and blast them all, then aren't the public going to turn on the terrorists because they know that having them around could result in there deaths? If they continue to support them then shoot them anyway, they are a sick plauge on this earth that really needs to go. Allah has caused more pain and death than anyone!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I'd never laugh at someone losing their life, especially while voicing their opinion's like this. I do have to say, I smoke 2 + packs of cigarettes a day at least and it hasn't killed me yet, so what the hell is in that flag?!? More likely than not it was made in China and packed full of harmful, toxic chemicals widely known to be harmful to humans. Ironic in that he's protesting America and it's killing of civilians, and is killed by our own flag.

I'm not saying I agree with him burning our flags, I am American and my family helped shape this great nation, but I agree that everyone should have a right to a non-violent protest. (The only person he hurt was himself by burning that flag)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zatox
So you people just laugh because he died of this act, but once we laugh at your 9/11 it isn't funny is it? but still is to me HAHA.

I laughed on 9-11 when CNN showed F-16's flying around NYC with no missiles under their wings. What was he going to do? Suicide crash into something too?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I bet that rather than hating on America and Obama, he took Clinton's advice and didn't inhale.

Sorry, the loss of life isn't funny, but if you can allow yourself to laugh, even at depressing things in life, it'll help heal your mind of negative thoughts.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
The US has bombed innocent people in Pakistan ... multiple times.

And you people actually have it in you to laugh at a protester who died in his dissent?

Despicable.

Laughable really that some in this thread can be found on other threads spitting blood over the US Government and their actions.

Sad day also when an ATS thread is started from an 'article' from possibly the worst tabloid in existence!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
Reading these replies, I have to scratch my head and ponder.

Let's just reverse roles a little, shall we...

Let's say a couple of you get together one night round the ol' bar-b-q. Somehow you get ahold of some middle eastern flag of whatever origin and decide to film yourselves burning it to post online (just for sh**s and giggles, right? Because it is only funny when YOU do it, not another country doing it to you..)

One of you trips and falls into the flames and suffers awful burns, or passes away..now is it so funny?
Is this karma?
Justice?
Not so funny, now, eh?

I am just failing to see how burning a piece of cloth equates to this man deserving death.
Think hard, people. Please.

I could not have said it better..
It makes no sense to cheer his death.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
STUPID really really STUPID! And I am laughing, not at the guy who died but all the idiot commentary on the story.
Here is the thing, yeah he died *after* not FROM burning the flag. Now I know the HEADLINE said from but the article (as honest as it tries to be) says AFTER.

A Pakistani protestor has died after inhaling smoke from burning U.S.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

That is a big difference! If I say "man dead from saying hello" and "man dead after saying hello..." those are two different things aren't they? After the first three sentences the headline story is dropped and it just goes on into wrote generic coverage of the protests. The title was made to get people to read it, DUH! And all the idiots eat it up, quite a few here to my surprise.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
STUPID really really STUPID! And I am laughing, not at the guy who died but all the idiot commentary on the story.
Here is the thing, yeah he died *after* not FROM burning the flag. Now I know the HEADLINE said from but the article (as honest as it tries to be) says AFTER.

A Pakistani protestor has died after inhaling smoke from burning U.S.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

That is a big difference! If I say "man dead from saying hello" and "man dead after saying hello..." those are two different things aren't they? After the first three sentences the headline story is dropped and it just goes on into wrote generic coverage of the protests. The title was made to get people to read it, DUH! And all the idiots eat it up, quite a few here to my surprise.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

Your argument is flawed. The act of saying "hello", is not normally attributed to being fatal.
But if you take your assessment, and use it in other ways, " man dies after being hit by car", or "man dies after injecting poison into his veins", then it has the same supporting reasons, as in the OP.

Inhaling toxic fumes can easily be associated with death. Talking can not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join